Favre or not to Favre

marfle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously i don't like Cowgirls, i think Romo is cool but Jerry Jones sucks. But not the Vikings. No, not them.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funk That... got Cowboys/Saints... anyone but Brent!
Blunt and to the point.
Gotta dig The Drew.
It's good to see others who feel the same way I do about Burnt Fart as well.
Anybody but him.
And if (It's a big if) Viqueens beat Cowpokes , then Vikes will have to go to N.O. which will hurt their odds even more.

OP
OP
T

Techno

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually for me the cowboys winning is not bad either as they are my second favorite team.

Defiantly going to lose pack fan points for that admission, but they are my hometown team.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually for me the cowboys winning is not bad either as they are my second favorite team.

Defiantly going to lose pack fan points for that admission, but they are my hometown team.
Not from me you won't.
At least not this time.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone remember the thing Joe Buck brought up in the Cards-Pack game. The last time the Packers played Kurt Warner in the playoffs, the Pack got stomped by the rams 45-17. Faver threw 6 picks(pretty sure that's what he said).

i believe that is accurate. however, remember this is the same joe buck who thought the randy moss fake moon was the most disgusting thing he had ever seen. he is a ****** with a capital D.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just cant root for Favre since he is a Viqueen, that simple. I find it odd that any of you packer fans can root for him to win the super bowl, which would mean the viqueens would too... it just doesn't add up.

The PowerOfCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way...

...will I ever cheer for the queens to win a SB. I don't care who the QB is. But I especially don't want to see them win a SB with Favre. That would just add insult to injury.:viksux:

AndyExile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really sure how i feel about it all. Obviously I'm upset that we lost, in overtime, after that big comeback (3rd biggest in history.) But, I don't know.
Brett Favre was a great quarterback for the Packers, and he's doing a great job for the Vikings too-- That's a given.
But, there's more to the Vikings than Brett Favre, just like there was more to the Packers than Brett Favre.
As for now, our young team has gained a sense of playoff fever and gotten over their playoff jitters so I look forward to next year.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, no doubt. However, I'm getting the feeling this might be Romo's year to advance. We've seen it unfold throughout the history of the NFL - those certain gifted QB's that come up short when they're young and not surrounded by the greatest cast of supporting characters. But, one season comes along and these QB's dig deep and grab the brass ring and are also benefited by an improved set of teammates. I believe this kinda defines Romo and maybe Rivers for 2009.

I think Manning and Favre have lived the dream and will probably never attain the "hunger" they had when they made their runs, not to mention both don't have the most talented cast around them. For this reason, I don't expect either QB to be squaring off against one another in the Super Bowl, as much as I'd LOVE to see that match-up.

Go Vikes!!! Favre is a once-in-a-lifetime talent and personality that will be SORELY missed when he's gone.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Favre is irrelevant to me. I hate the Vikings. I've never rooted for them to win anything, i'm not starting now.

I'd love to see New Orleans get a trophy. I don't think they will, but i'll be rooting for them.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is irrelevant to me. I hate the Vikings. I've never rooted for them to win anything, i'm not starting now.

I'd love to see New Orleans get a trophy. I don't think they will, but i'll be rooting for them.

I don't understand this type of mentality, because basically Minnesota winning this year really has no effect on Green Bay's ability to win next year. And, I've always rooted for our REGIONAL division foes (NOT Tampa Bay).

But, it is your right to think however you want. All I know is that Brett Favre is going to have his hands full. He's facing an opponent that has historically kicked his *** every which way but sideways, and he's now got an O-line that suddenly isn't keen on run-blocking. If Favre pulls this one out, it has "Minneapolis Miracle" written all over it. :)

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre, no doubt. However, I'm getting the feeling this might be Romo's year to advance. We've seen it unfold throughout the history of the NFL - those certain gifted QB's that come up short when they're young and not surrounded by the greatest cast of supporting characters. But, one season comes along and these QB's dig deep and grab the brass ring and are also benefited by an improved set of teammates. I believe this kinda defines Romo and maybe Rivers for 2009.

I think Manning and Favre have lived the dream and will probably never attain the "hunger" they had when they made their runs, not to mention both don't have the most talented cast around them. For this reason, I don't expect either QB to be squaring off against one another in the Super Bowl, as much as I'd LOVE to see that match-up.

Go Vikes!!! Favre is a once-in-a-lifetime talent and personality that will be SORELY missed when he's gone.

I don't think Romo has got the capabilities or weapons that Favre has and he just isnt as good of a QB and never will be. I do agree that Favre and Manning do not have the hunger and that it would be a great SB but I still dont see Romo sneaking past the Vikes. I also agree with the Rivers comment though because he really has been fire hot this season and his time is now or never. But lets think about Drew Brees the man has himself an arm and if my predictions come true then its about to be an intense NFC championship game with 2 absolute monsters in Favre and Brees dukin it out in an epic barnburner

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Romo has got the capabilities or weapons that Favre has and he just isnt as good of a QB and never will be. I do agree that Favre and Manning do not have the hunger and that it would be a great SB but I still dont see Romo sneaking past the Vikes. I also agree with the Rivers comment though because he really has been fire hot this season and his time is now or never. But lets think about Drew Brees the man has himself an arm and if my predictions come true then its about to be an intense NFC championship game with 2 absolute monsters in Favre and Brees dukin it out in an epic barnburner

The way the last few weeks have gone, anything is possible. I just base my hunches off the way things have gone down in the past. Dallas really is an NFC opponent's worst nightmare because THEY PLAY SOUND DEFENSE. New Orleans sucks, Minnesota sucks, Green Bay sucks, Arizona sucks and Philly sucks in the D department. Defense gets 'er done in the post season and I think it will become self-evident to you next Sunday evening.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I really don't give one blind rat's *** about any of this. Brent is a traitor, trying to pose as superior to the great organization and the history of the Green Bay Packers.
How any Packer fan can miss this is beyond me. He's not contributed to the past, he's just a current guy. And the fact that he can case aside his allegiance to this historic franchise only screams that he thinks he's better than anybody or anything.
I'm sorry, I loved him as a Packer, I can't help but be a fan of anybody and anything that brings his downfall. He didn't even root for the Packers like I did in the 70's. He's a Saints fan.
**** Brent, you guys are nuts if you still root for this guy. Or you're not Green Bay Packer fans, ARod is everything he ever was and more, poised and deathly. Give me ARod over Mr. Personal all day.
The future is here and it's ARod, I'd almost like to see the traitor get to the game and get beat, it's fitting he lose on an interception or several, he did it to us for years.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone remember the thing Joe Buck brought up in the Cards-Pack game. The last time the Packers played Kurt Warner in the playoffs, the Pack got stomped by the rams 45-17. Faver threw 6 picks(pretty sure that's what he said).

Yes I heard that one too. I know some guys can't root for him because he's a viking, but my #1 hate list has always been Dallas. So in this game at least I'll pick the vikings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand this type of mentality, because basically Minnesota winning this year really has no effect on Green Bay's ability to win next year. And, I've always rooted for our REGIONAL division foes (NOT Tampa Bay).

But, it is your right to think however you want. All I know is that Brett Favre is going to have his hands full. He's facing an opponent that has historically kicked his *** every which way but sideways, and he's now got an O-line that suddenly isn't keen on run-blocking. If Favre pulls this one out, it has "Minneapolis Miracle" written all over it. :)

He hates Minnesota, and doesnt want them to win...

Why is so hard to understand that mentality?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you proposed something, and i countered. that's what a deal is. keep up.

Perhaps you should try hooked on phonics, since you obviously can't read. I proposed nothing. I didn't say "If Favre loses, he can eat suck a fart out of my ***." I responded to a question asking who we wanted to go all the way, and whether we would be rooting for Favre. My response was that he could suck a fart out of my *** and go Cowboys. I then followed that up with "I'll be rooting for whoever wins between New Orleans and Arizona."

See? No proposal. No negotiation. This wasn't a quid pro quo, so I don't know where you got the hair brained idea that I was "proposing" anything. It was a blanket statement. Regardless of what Favre does for the rest of this season, he can suck a fart out of my ***.

hummyjohnson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps you should try hooked on phonics, since you obviously can't read. I proposed nothing. I didn't say "If Favre loses, he can eat suck a fart out of my ***." I responded to a question asking who we wanted to go all the way, and whether we would be rooting for Favre. My response was that he could suck a fart out of my *** and go Cowboys. I then followed that up with "I'll be rooting for whoever wins between New Orleans and Arizona."

See? No proposal. No negotiation. This wasn't a quid pro quo, so I don't know where you got the hair brained idea that I was "proposing" anything. It was a blanket statement. Regardless of what Favre does for the rest of this season, he can suck a fart out of my ***.

sigh. perhaps it is you who needs the grammar lesson. you have failed even to quote yourself in proper context. which is it? "eat a fart from my ***", or "suck a fart from my ***"? slow down and think this one through. i know you can do it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sigh. perhaps it is you who needs the grammar lesson. you have failed even to quote yourself in proper context. which is it? "eat a fart from my ***", or "suck a fart from my ***"? slow down and think this one through. i know you can do it.

Yeah, it was a typo, but it doesn't matter. So long as it involves Brett doing something involving a fart coming out of my ***, we're good.

How about this- I despise the guy and think he's a ******. And since I hate the Vikings as well, here's hoping they choke on it next weekend and Brett finally decides to go away.

Members online

Latest posts