Favre new home

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What team do you think Favre would be a good fit to play football for next year? I was trying to think of a team that is a qb away, and none really came to mind. I think that if I was going to play NFL god, that I would put Brett on MINNY. I really think that would be the best fit.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sorry bud but i fail to see the point in this Subject

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot about the extreme relevance of all the other topics posted here...

eap33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First team that came to mind when I thought "Who could use Brett Favre?" was THE PACKERS! I can't picture him in any other color. Even Black and Red didn't look right.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First team that came to mind when I thought "Who could use Brett Favre?" was THE PACKERS! I can't picture him in any other color. Even Black and Red didn't look right.

I would agree. I just think that there is some tread left on the tires. 28tds and 4000+ yards... I am sure he is done. I just thought it would be an interesting question. I guess the break up is to fresh, and it would be to wierd for most.

Washington???
Minnesota???
CLeveland???

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
One team comes to mind... The J...E...T...S.. JETS...JETS...JETS.

They have the other pieces of the puzzle I think.. just no one to lead that offense.

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They have the other pieces of the puzzle I think.. just no one to lead that offense.

Excellent submission. They are certainly spending the money on the OLine. I would like to also say chicago, but they dont have a putty knife big enough to scrape Brett off of the turf with their ineffective OLine.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What team do you think Favre would be a good fit to play football for next year? I was trying to think of a team that is a qb away, and none really came to mind. I think that if I was going to play NFL god, that I would put Brett on MINNY. I really think that would be the best fit.

He wouldn't go to an NFC North team, just because. I highly doubt he'd return to an NFC team.

I'm thinking an AFC Team, and pretty much half the teams in the AFC could use a good QB. Favre still has gas left in his tank, and I really wouldn't be surprised if I saw him in an AFC uniform in '09. He loves the game too much.

BangTheDrum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett wouldnt play anywhere else... ever... even in heaven, he and all the other former Packers would play gods team and just demoralize them!

OP
OP

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, here is a related question:

Favre is/was under contract with the Packers for next year. They didnt cut him, he retired. Is he now available for another team??? That wouldnt seem fair because why couldnt a player that was 26 'retire', and then sign with someone else. I am guessing that there is some rule here to prevent this.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Favre is/was under contract with the Packers for next year. They didnt cut him, he retired. Is he now available for another team??? That wouldnt seem fair because why couldnt a player that was 26 'retire', and then sign with someone else. I am guessing that there is some rule here to prevent this.

Packer property, I am sure someone else can elaborate.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:

Packer property, I am sure someone else can elaborate.

Yes Packer property..The Packers and the team wanting him would have to work out a deal..

Think Jake Plummer and Denver/Tampa

Brett is with the Packers till 2010, unless a deal is reached with another club

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

Excellent submission. They are certainly spending the money on the OLine. I would like to also say chicago, but they dont have a putty knife big enough to scrape Brett off of the turf with their ineffective OLine.

Yes, one of my friends who is a Jets fan was over last night, and he explained how the Jets could really use Favre. My boyfriend (from New Orleans) was saying how the Saints could use him.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Pack93z said:

Yes, one of my friends who is a Jets fan was over last night, and he explained how the Jets could really use Favre. My boyfriend (from New Orleans) was saying how the Saints could use him.

I said in another post that he could go to the Saints, after all, it is close to home for him.

Maybe he could go back to college and play ball at Texas A and M for their head coach and our ex Mike Sherman.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tamba would be a good spot for Brett. Minny I could see that but I dont think its going to happen. Baltimore could use him, I dont know if Flacco, Boller, or Smith are NFL starters just yet.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although he would look good in Purple..............

I think Tampa Bay would be a good spot.

OK, don't hate me Packer fans, but MN would be a good fit for Favre. Wouldn't be good for us to face him twice a year for the next 2 years, but it would be good for him.

Members online

Latest posts