Favre may skip next weeks minicamps..

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245.... Do you own a white cane with red stripes? If not... I'll be sure to get one to you.

How are you reading my posts anyway? They aren't in braille.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245.... Do you own a white cane with red stripes? If not... I'll be sure to get one to you.

How are you reading my posts anyway? They aren't in braille.

I'm against you on the Favre argument buddy, so this one is on you.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Z2C... Few of my posts will ever be directed to you. The one you just responded to wasn't directed toward you at all.

I DO dislike Brett Favre. I can't stand him. That isn't sarcasm or some joke. He's honestly my least favorite player on the team, and I will celebrate his retirement.

Can't read ya mind. When I don't acknowledge your comment, you say its because of lack of proof. When I do, you say its towards someone else. How ironic.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
longtimefan said:
Oannes said:
When has Favre run in the last 5 years? He wouldn't have to worry about running in mini-camp.

Our organization should say... Hey Brett... You likin' that 12 million dollar a year salary for this year? Gee, uh, why don't you know, uh, show up to a team function? After all, you're supposedly this great leader and are supposed to be setting the example for all the young guys.... Actually, they should say...GET YOUR BLANKING BLANK TO THIS MINICAMP. THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO BE THERE.

Trying to get Favre fans to acknowledge how flawed he is, is like explaining colors to people who have been blind since birth. I think I need to go rent, "Mask" and learn the ways of Rocky Dennis. The miracle worker who taught Helen Keller couldn't teach you guys.

Favre is a piece of crap in my book for taking advantage of his status the way he has over the last few years. No person of any type of character would ever do that. Nice commitment and example, Brett.

Please, change your mind and do this organization a favor and permanently retire. You've been half retired the last few years. It shows in your preparation, and your horrendous decision making on the field. Perhaps, if you had taken preparation seriously, you might have seen another season of greater than 8-8 before even you realize it's over.

The good news is you have untold thousands of gullible fans that believe in the myth that you're a great leader. You can continue to fool them because they'll never be able to see you for who you really are. You gave them a SuperBowl title and 3 MVP's. They're all drunk on what you did years ago and refuse to sober up. Classy guy Brett. Classy.

Go and tell him on his web site...those words fall on deaf ears here cuz he doesnt look at this forum

www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum

How do you know that Brett don't look at this website? All I did was do a search and I found it, that doesnt mean Brett doesnt do the samething. Again we dont live with him to know anything for certain. And we surely dont know who stops by this website to check it out and it could be Brett himself.

If Bretts ankle still isnt a 100% then he should sit out, I'm sure the doctors who check him know best. now for calling Brett a piece of crap? Thats going to far, the man has been in football most of his life and has given the Packers and the fans the best years of his life. So sitting out of a camp isnt a big deal. We all know he can play and play well IMO..I for one would NEVER call someone a piece of crap that has meant so much to me as a fan over the years. Most QB's the get alittle hurt sit out during games, not Brett. This is not a game and if it were Brett would be in there toughing it out through any pain. GO BRETT and GO PACK!!

LOL Heather, you know FULL well Brett had his DAUGHTER do online stuff for him including checking his emails...And from what is being said it is still pretty much the same way..

He MIGHT surf around on this site along other packer boards since the 2 guys that know him are full aware of what goes on..But even if those 2 did read thi9s, I highly doubt they want to bother Brett with this type of talk..

I seen LOT worse and have know for a fact Nate read it, but never mentioned it to Brett

Just something I found interesting..On his own web site he is asking for people to keep in mind the Packers and Ted is his boss and wants it to be reflected that way..And to tone down the hate talk towards Ted..

If he does read this forum, wondering if Ryan got a request from Brett or his "people" to say tone it down..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
longtimefan said:
Oannes said:
When has Favre run in the last 5 years? He wouldn't have to worry about running in mini-camp.

Our organization should say... Hey Brett... You likin' that 12 million dollar a year salary for this year? Gee, uh, why don't you know, uh, show up to a team function? After all, you're supposedly this great leader and are supposed to be setting the example for all the young guys.... Actually, they should say...GET YOUR BLANKING BLANK TO THIS MINICAMP. THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO BE THERE.

Trying to get Favre fans to acknowledge how flawed he is, is like explaining colors to people who have been blind since birth. I think I need to go rent, "Mask" and learn the ways of Rocky Dennis. The miracle worker who taught Helen Keller couldn't teach you guys.

Favre is a piece of crap in my book for taking advantage of his status the way he has over the last few years. No person of any type of character would ever do that. Nice commitment and example, Brett.

Please, change your mind and do this organization a favor and permanently retire. You've been half retired the last few years. It shows in your preparation, and your horrendous decision making on the field. Perhaps, if you had taken preparation seriously, you might have seen another season of greater than 8-8 before even you realize it's over.

The good news is you have untold thousands of gullible fans that believe in the myth that you're a great leader. You can continue to fool them because they'll never be able to see you for who you really are. You gave them a SuperBowl title and 3 MVP's. They're all drunk on what you did years ago and refuse to sober up. Classy guy Brett. Classy.

Go and tell him on his web site...those words fall on deaf ears here cuz he doesnt look at this forum

www.officialbrettfavre.com/forum

How do you know that Brett don't look at this website? All I did was do a search and I found it, that doesnt mean Brett doesnt do the samething. Again we dont live with him to know anything for certain. And we surely dont know who stops by this website to check it out and it could be Brett himself.

If Bretts ankle still isnt a 100% then he should sit out, I'm sure the doctors who check him know best. now for calling Brett a piece of crap? Thats going to far, the man has been in football most of his life and has given the Packers and the fans the best years of his life. So sitting out of a camp isnt a big deal. We all know he can play and play well IMO..I for one would NEVER call someone a piece of crap that has meant so much to me as a fan over the years. Most QB's the get alittle hurt sit out during games, not Brett. This is not a game and if it were Brett would be in there toughing it out through any pain. GO BRETT and GO PACK!!

LOL Heather, you know FULL well Brett had his DAUGHTER do online stuff for him including checking his emails...And from what is being said it is still pretty much the same way..

He MIGHT surf around on this site along other packer boards since the 2 guys that know him are full aware of what goes on..But even if those 2 did read thi9s, I highly doubt they want to bother Brett with this type of talk..

I seen LOT worse and have know for a fact Nate read it, but never mentioned it to Brett

Just something I found interesting..On his own web site he is asking for people to keep in mind the Packers and Ted is his boss and wants it to be reflected that way..And to tone down the hate talk towards Ted..

If he does read this forum, wondering if Ryan got a request from Brett or his "people" to say tone it down..
Hey Jim.....you know that as SOON as Brett said he was ticked at Ted for not getting Moss, that most of the people on his site would form a lynch mob! Brett HAD to know that too.
Heck.......i haven't exactly been a happy camper myself!
To me the REAL scary thing is that some "fanatic" might actually try to harm TT because of all this flak.
I wonder how this all is gonna turn out?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
not attending minicamp is in my eyes outrageous and unacceptable, especially for the player considered the leader of the team.

what if he was atttending the graduation of his daughter as well as still rehabing his ankle?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:
not attending minicamp is in my eyes outrageous and unacceptable, especially for the player considered the leader of the team.

what if he was atttending the graduation of his daughter as well as still rehabing his ankle?
Yes......he might have some legit reasons, besides being ticked at Ted. Thats the problem just being fans, we usually don't get all the facts, and make judgements based on the trickle of info we do get.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
well he isn't

Look here.. just announced on Total Access.... Brett will be attending his graduation of his oldest daughter... I think that warrants him missing this camp... don't yet think :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well he isn't

opps

Packers | Favre to miss minicamp
Mon, 14 May 2007 13:47:52 -0700

Updating a previous report, Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre (ankle) will not attend the team's upcoming minicamp because he will be attending his daughter's graduation.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Bertram said:
well he isn't

opps

Updating a previous report, Lori Nickel, of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre (ankle) will not attend the team's upcoming minicamp because he will be attending his daughter's graduation.

Missing a 3-day minicamp for his daughters graduation? WTF!! Cut him. Graduation happens every year! He can watch one of his other children graduate. HE SHOULD BE THERE!

I'm throwing away all my Favre pictures and ... hell EVERYTHING!!

Okay, so that was enough Oannes'ism for the day.... down to reality, I think its cool he's going to his graduation, to a kid that means a lot. My father won't be at my college graduation and it hurts like hell because its something I'm extremely proud of myself over.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Bertram said:
well he isn't

opps

Missing a 3-day minicamp for his daughters graduation? WTF!! Cut him. Graduation happens every year! He can watch one of his other children graduate. HE SHOULD BE THERE!

Okay, so that was enough Oannes'ism for the day.... down to reality, I think its cool he's going to his graduation, to a kid that means a lot. My father won't be at my college graduation and it hurts like hell because its something I'm extremely proud of myself over.

If not mistaken this is his oldests daughter and her graduation form high school

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
longtimefan said:
Bertram said:
well he isn't

opps

If not mistaken this is his oldests daughter and her graduation form high school

Yep, Brittany. I would miss a game for the graduation of my daughter.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is something else i heard on local TV.
Mini camp is the 18th.........her graduation isn't until the 25th.
So........sounds like he just doesn't want to come, and is using this as a reason to give people.
I really don't care that much, but it does leave more questions.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett should be held to the same standards that other players are, he has been allowed to do what he want for too long. He should be in camp creating a good chemistry with our receivers not at home drinkin' coke and getting fat.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its only ok for Favre to miss Mini camp for his daughters graduation, if its ok for Carlton Brewster to miss mini camp for his daughters graduation.

if Favre gets a free pass because hes favre then i think its crap. if he gets leave, because the organization is ccol with players missing mandatory meetings due to family conflict then i think its ok. and i hope that any player on the team would get the same treatment.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
its only ok for Favre to miss Mini camp for his daughters graduation, if its ok for Carlton Brewster to miss mini camp for his daughters graduation.

if Favre gets a free pass because hes favre then i think its crap. if he gets leave, because the organization is ccol with players missing mandatory meetings due to family conflict then i think its ok. and i hope that any player on the team would get the same treatment.

So........sounds like he just doesn't want to come, and is using this as a reason to give people.

Favre has more than enough time to participate at minicamp.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

That is odd but found this http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=ea7bed5a-9c28-4f6a-aa18-3f565d118146

Brett Favre plans to skip the Green Bay Packers' mandatory minicamp this weekend, saying the move is not related to his frustration with the team's unwillingness to complete a trade for wide receiver Randy Moss.

Favre told the Biloxi (Miss.) Sun-Herald that because he is unable to practice while recovering from offseason ankle surgery, he is going to stay home with his family in Mississippi.

"They were going to have me sit out anyway," Favre said, in a story that appeared on the paper's Web site on Tuesday. "To be honest, we have (daughter) Brittany graduating in two weeks. Instead of going up there and not doing anything, I will be better off being at home because of graduation parties and banquets."

Favre said he isn't skipping the minicamp as a protest with the team's front office.

"I am frustrated," Favre told the paper. "But being frustrated and not going are not related."

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear this is only to deaden the media storm, and that Favre in reality isn't participating because he is angry.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I fear this is only to deaden the media storm, and that Favre in reality isn't participating because he is angry.

He was planning on not coming b4 any of this happened...So dont let this be a reason as to why he is skipping it..

Waiting for the Woodson, and Harris topics about them missing camp now..

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, if Favre had to rely on commercial airlines for the right connections(like the rest of us) I could understand his reasons re graduation vs. mini-camp. But he has his own jet. He can make any connections he wants to. No way camp could screw up the graduation. In the final analysis, Favre doesn't see any benefit to himself by attending camp so he won't go. Fine...but that should prevent his criticizing any teammates for lack of dedication during the season. Sauce for the goose....

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every year the mini-camp thing comes up and every year it's said over again that BF has been give that time off and that there is no big need for him to be there.

How could him being pissed have really anything to do with him behaving the same as last year when he wasn't pissed?

Just Out! Brett Favre doesn't like min-camps. (Written 1994.)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts