Favre is the problem??

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vick will probably be gone from the NFL in a few years due to injury....

I'm not wishing it on him..but it's kind of inevitable with his style of play...(and i don't think he's as durable as Steve Young)...

meanwhile..Favre will be in Canton, Ohio...

If the Packers surround him with some playmakers next year...Favre is the best (and only) chance to take them to the SB for awhile....

it can happen next year...

I don't see Vick making it anytime soon...

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The games are not all Favres fault but I do fault him for not running to get the first down. Then again he has never been known for hims rushing ability.

I do feel that the NFL stat keepers need to eliminate INTS that are tipped against a qb I mean come on that is such bs I cannot believe it.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge said:
arrowgargantuan said:
and what kind of stat is that up there...games determined by 8 points or less? so if Brett destroys an opponent it actually counts against him?

Well first off, the stat should be interesting because Favre is known for his 4th quarter comebacks, which should indicate that the Packers are able to win the close games late. That seems to be the opposite case. If you go back through 2002, and his first season as a starter, Vick posted a 4-4-1 record in similar situations, making his win % in close games 76.1%.

Sure, Favre has won 1 Super Bowl. If it takes winning 1 SUper Bowl so that Vick can get mentioned in the same breath as of some of the "greats" like Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, and Brad Johnson, then I'm not too worried about Vick's chances.

CaliforniaCheez said:
How about plain victories since 2002. The Packers have more than Falcons and Brett was there for every one. The Falcons have fewer wins and Vick was not there for all.

So that stat indicates that Favre is more durable than Vick. No arguments there. Favre ranks as one of the greats for his durability. Vick has started 43 games thus far in his career, and has a better winning percentage than Favre did in his first 43 stats (71% vs. 56%). Vick has a better career winning percentage than Favre as well. (71% vs. 64%)

DePack said:
Do us all a favor.....win something....then get back to us!

And I'll get back to you on Sunday, once we destroy your team.

CaliforniaCheez said:
Favre is on pace for 30 passing TD's this year and Vick 12. Vick's highest total 16 happened in 2002.

So I take it Cheez, that having 30 TDs and 4000 yards is okay if the team is 3-13?

gmann01 said:
Isn't it true that a good percentage of BF's interceptions are popped up from his own receivers? If the caught the balls instead of popping them up like a volleyball, it could be a very different record. The receivers we have need to get used to BF's missiles and HOLD ON.

I could probably make a similar argument for Vick, but I'm not going to. The overwhelming majority of Favre and Vick's interceptions are their own fault.

CaliforniaCheez said:
It is so difficult to find anything other pocket abandonment and running like a scared rabbit where Vick might exceed Favre at anything.

I don't think you'll find anyone stupid enough in the world to argue that VIck is anywhere in Favre's league as a pocket passer, or that Vick is even in the Top 10 QBs in the league in that area. And you probably argue that Vick is among the worst passing QBs among starters in the league. All I'm saying is that if the measure of a QB is doing whatever is necessary to win football games, then Michael Vick has surpassed Brett Favre already in his career. In this case, the stats don't lie. If he's in a game in the closing minutes, rain or shine whether he's thrown 3 INTs, rushed for 3 TDs, or is completing just 40% of his passes, the Falcons win 76% of the time (93% of the time recently). Favre may have been that successful in the past, but he is not there anymore.

Zero2Cool said:
So... how's Brett the problem?

Packer fans are in serious denial if they still believe Favre alone is going to lead them to the promised land. I realize that your team doesn't have anywhere close to the same amount of weapons and tools as its had in past years, but what I heard from Packer fans all off-season long, is "at least we still have Favre." So Favre is putting up some gaudy numbers, but it's not helping the team win, even in the close games. The mojo is gone, and the best thing your team can hope for is that Aaron Rodgers or another QB can quickly turn things around. THe sooner you get over your love affair with Brett Favre, the better it is for the organization in the long run. But I would not expect Packer fans to accept this. I mean it is Brett Favre, the guy that led your team to its first playoff win in 20 years and Super Bowl win in 30.

So Packer fans, keep believing that Favre is good enough to win you guys another Super Bowl. You're hurting no one but yourselves with that belief.
What a pile of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike or Ron Mexico whatever he is not even a quarterback and I bet his brother is even dumber than him if that is possible.
I don't usually jump on other teams players but this guy is soooooooooooooo overrated it makes me want to puke! :puke:

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge runs the Falcon website as part of the alliance Ryan has associated this forum. Don't think your going to convince him of anything.

Taking quotes out of context, well that can stir up a board.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow......now I know why my posts are edited. I'm not sure my shot at Ron Mexico or his little ex-con brother were out of line. I thought it was public record.

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Mike or Ron Mexico whatever he is not even a quarterback

Then what is your definition of a QB? I hear people say this so much about Vick, saying he's a RB or whatever. If he's not a QB, then tell me what is and who is a QB?

Do you have to complete 55% of your passes. Throw for over 2500 yards? Have a 2:1 TD to INT ratio? Have a passer rating of 80 or more? If those are the measures of an NFL quarterback, then VIck has already reached such plateaus.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Technically isn't anyone in the back field just a "back" quarter, half, or full. The QB has just evolved into more of a pass oriented back. So technically Vick is a QB, he just has the ability to revert to a true "back" and take off with the ball :)

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As the topic states, " Is BF the problem ?", the answer is clearly no. We easily could be cruising if we had everyone back off of IR with the way our D is playing. That has not happened but it's not BF's fault. True his INT's are up, 7, the receivers fault, he's victomized by meeting teammates for the first time, in a huddle during a game. Taco Wllace, Gado? Obviously we can't run the whole play book due to all the new faces, plus penalties are up due to the inexperiences.

Comparing Favre to Vick is ludicrous. Apples and oranges. Favre is a passer who may run while Vick is a run first throw second QB. True Vick is one of the most exciting players/athletes out there but you can't compare him to Favre because they are almost exact opposite styles for that position. At the end of the day you just want the win, and currently, the Falcons different team units are playing collectively better than the Pack. The QB position is one of the rare exceptions.

Cobra5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the world of Brett! His enthusiasm and love of the game over the years has made me proud to be a Packer fan. Brett is not having a good year because the Pack is 1-7. His stats aren't fantastic but they are still better than many other QB's in the league. I wish Sherman had as much motivation as Favre!!!

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MS has a reputation as being a meticulous hard working coach willing to put in the long hours. One of the last things I'd accuse him of is not being motivated.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah Musscy..

But motivation without knowledge and talent don't get you very far...

Like the kid who whines because he worked on his paper all night and still got an "F", but the kid who spent 10 mins. gets the "A"..

Face it..SherRossley just doesn't "have it"...

He's been in over his head from day one...and is "mediocre" at best...

Good Riddence..i say!

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy...just because he is self motivated does not mean he is able to motivate or lead others. Big difference.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge said:
Interestingly enough, nobody stepped up to answer my question. I guess they were stumped. :p

was that the definition of a QB question?

well i think if you can consistently lead your offense to scoring drives then you are a fine QB in my mind. Vick is the Anti-Peyton, but Peyton will have a much longer career.

(yes i coined the phrase "Vick is the Anti-Peyton")

IU_packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as a person who lives in southern indiana, and obviously a diehard packer fan, i am disgusted at how some of the people have made light of the tornado. how does a post about favre turn into those "people should have seen it coming". i have always thought that packer fans are the best around, but come on, 24 people died, hundreds, thats right, hundreds of homes got destroyed, and thats not just your trailers people, its $250,000 homes. there are people around here who do not know anyone affected and are doing all the can to help those hurt. and i come on to see what everyone is saying about the packers and get this. packer fans are supposed to stand together thru thick and thin, just as people down here are doing. basicly im disgusted, hope all the people who make good post and have true belief in the pack dont take this to heart, but for the rest of you you should, i just hope you never have to experience anything like this, website below.

http://www.14wfie.com/Global/link.asp?L ... v=menu54_3

IU_packfan

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts