Favre is now PFT's 'homeboy'

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EL LINKO

lol, this is the kind of thing that I have wet dreams... I mean dreams about...

PATS GO TOO FAR, AGAIN

With a bye during Week Ten and a close game against the Colts before that, it has been three weeks since we've seen the Ferrari among a flock of Fords that is the New England Patriots.

And it's clear to us that coach Bill Belichick still doesn't know, or care, if he laps the field 50 times.

Twice in the third quarter while sporting huge leads, the Patriots kept the field goal unit on the sidelines for a fourth down deep in the Bills' end. On the second occasion, the Pats were up 42-10 on the Buffalo 10 and New England faced fourth and one.

The groan of disapproval from the crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium was barely audible over the comments of NBC's Al Michaels and John Madden, who seemed to see no problem with the maneuver.

We did, and we do. The Patriots are abusing their power, in our view, and they'd better hope that Earl Hickey is wrong about that whole karma thing.

We don't know whether it's karma or fate or just an innate sense of justice and fairness, but we've had a feeling for a couple of weeks now that something will happen to keep the Pats from getting to the Super Bowl or, when they do, someone like Brett Favre will find a way to chop down the beanstalk.

We can dream...... :D

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey people think I am crazy, but I think that the Packers can match up favorly to the Pats. Their defense is decent, not great. Ours can shut down their WR's.

We can do to them what the Broncos did to us in 97

call me crazy....I can handle it.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, the Patriots have never beaten us in a Super Bowl. We're 1-0. That gives us some kind of edge, right? Haha!

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're so used to being total homers, that I think myself and probably a lot of other GB fans don't even realize...."****. We are that freakin good."

Our offense is clicking at a near-even pace (except TDs) with the "NFLs Greatest Team EVER", and our Defense is exceptional, even though it feels like they have a crapton of space to improve.

The Pats are scary good, but if we go 15-1? My hopes are intensifying.....

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey people think I am crazy, but I think that the Packers can match up favorly to the Pats. Their defense is decent, not great. Ours can shut down their WR's.

We can do to them what the Broncos did to us in 97

call me crazy....I can handle it.

Earlier this year, I was fearing the Pats killing us in the SB.
Now I'm thinking that if anyone can upset the Pats, it would be us.

If you look at the matchups, yes, we have the best chance of beating them.

Our D right now is ranked at #4 in points. Our O is #6 in points.

And I agree with the writer - Favre will figure out a way to chop down their beanstalk.

One game at a time though. We have to beat the Lions. Then we have to beat the Cows. Let's not go lightly on the Lions. They've always been tough on Thursdays (historically).

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to think my Steelers had the best chance of offing NE until yesterday :(

Now I agree Tripp - the matchups are excellent. Let's hope the Pack gets the chance!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
EL LINKO

lol, this is the kind of thing that I have wet dreams... I mean dreams about...

PATS GO TOO FAR, AGAIN

With a bye during Week Ten and a close game against the Colts before that, it has been three weeks since we've seen the Ferrari among a flock of Fords that is the New England Patriots.

And it's clear to us that coach Bill Belichick still doesn't know, or care, if he laps the field 50 times.

Twice in the third quarter while sporting huge leads, the Patriots kept the field goal unit on the sidelines for a fourth down deep in the Bills' end. On the second occasion, the Pats were up 42-10 on the Buffalo 10 and New England faced fourth and one.

The groan of disapproval from the crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium was barely audible over the comments of NBC's Al Michaels and John Madden, who seemed to see no problem with the maneuver.

We did, and we do. The Patriots are abusing their power, in our view, and they'd better hope that Earl Hickey is wrong about that whole karma thing.

We don't know whether it's karma or fate or just an innate sense of justice and fairness, but we've had a feeling for a couple of weeks now that something will happen to keep the Pats from getting to the Super Bowl or, when they do, someone like Brett Favre will find a way to chop down the beanstalk.

We can dream...... :D

Good Piece pack_in_black ,

My wife even commented on them running up the score last night and has a dislike for the head coach. There just seems to be no sense in keeping your starters in when you have the game sealed like the Pats did last night. You only risk injury and show no class as a team.

I have no problem saying that I think we would have been a lot smarter and classier yesterday if we had built our score up just a little more to where the victory was clinched and rested some of our starters.

Usually, I don't dump on other teams but NE is showing no class right now.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to agree with the last 2 coaches the Patriots "ran up the score on" - Neither of them (Gibbs or Jauron) said they had any gripes. It was up to their team to stop them.

Although I'm not a huge Belichick fan personally he certainly is a fantastic football coach. As a football fan in general I would have to ask what you would rather have the Patriots do out there?

So they have a 4 TD lead - just run 3 and outs the rest of the night? A good offense working their magic is a FUN thing to watch isn't it? Sure, you feel bad for the opponent but do you want the action to just stop until they can get within striking distance?

Figure NE scored on their 1st drives - that means they kicked the ball back to BUF 7 times. 7 chances for the Bills to put points on the board - and they got 10 out of it.

I said it after the 1st controversy - these are professional teams that people pay a lot of money to go to the game or otherwise support - don't they deserve to see the player they pay to see out there playing football?

Now stepping down from the :soapbox:

packattack92

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah running up the score is going to come back to bite them in the *****, but everyone out there is making a ton of money to play football. If they weren't I think people would be sitting here complaining about Bellichick not playing football.

Pats vs Pack SuperBowl XLII

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with packinsteel. Play all out from the opening kick off till the last
tick of the clock. May the best team win. No mercy asked and none given.

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the football logic that most fans miss, is that by going for the first down BB is giving the opposing team a chance to keep the Pats from scoring at all. Stop them on 4th and 1, and you get the ball. Kick the field goal, and it's almost a given, from that range, that their tacking on 3...

Simply from a fan perspective, the field goal seems like a consession, and the 'nice' thing to do...

I could be wrong, but I'd bet, in football manners 101 for a coach-to-coach perspective, not kicking field goals up a tun is the right thing to do.

The problem is...No one can stop NE 4th-and-1...So they get in the endzone...

Man, I hope the Pack meet the Pats in the SB...That's getting way ahead of ourselves...It's simply a hope we all have here...It would be amazing...Beating them...Wow...A sports heaven moment...

But anyway, I hate the Pats just as much, if not more than anyone, but I think in this case BB is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't...

It's a tough problem he has to be burdened with a team that can't be stopped on offense... :roll:

I think where the Pack matches up well is in the all-critical area of getting pressure on Brady. I'm not talking about colapsing the pocket a little, forcing him to take a step to the right or left and then hitting Moss or Welker...I'm talking about hitting the bastard...and with some malice...kamp, KGB, Jenkins, Williams...

Somebody pancaking this guy, and eliminating the pass is the only way to have a shot...

We 'can' do that. Then there's Al and Woodson, our LBs, our young WRs/TE, and of course Our Favre...

It's possible. We just have to get there first. haha.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem whatsoever. .. with running up the score. You go out there to play football and you absolutely dont have to give the other team any chance. In fact it should be your goal to score on every posession and not let them score at all.

In the same breath... i also have no problem whatsoever with a late hit on tom brady if they are running up the score. New England feels that its the other teams job to stop them... and i agree completely. However if im a DC for a team, i feel like the best way of stopping them is putting Brady out of the game.... and ill do what it takes.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can minimize the effectiveness of two of their four weapons: Moss, Stallworth, Welker, and Watson. So if we play very well at CB, we can, for instance, minimize Moss and Welker's huge plays. That still leads Stallworth lined up against Bush. That still leaves Watson against one of our LBs or our safeties.

Guys... New England's offense is crushing people. CRUSHING. Sure, the Colts played them pretty well but Indy has a history against New England. I think Indy, when they played NE, had a better defense than we do.

I would love the chance to beat those bastards... but I certainly don't think we'd do it unless the Pats choked big.

hamkins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem whatsoever. .. with running up the score. [...] i also have no problem whatsoever with a late hit on tom brady if they are running up the score. [...] i feel like the best way of stopping them is putting Brady out of the game.... and ill do what it takes.

You are what people call a bad sport.

No one ever deserves a late hit, especially one intending to injure them so they have to leave the game. That's like saying it is OK to hit your kids when they don't listen.

Running up the score is not as bad as an intentional late hit, but it is still bad sportsmanship. There is no reason to go for it on 4th and 1 with a 30+ lead.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I LOVE Belichick's Coaching Philosophy. He is Attila The Hun. He is Ivan The The Terrible.... He is Sun Tzu... He is Sitting Bull and Crazy horse.

This is the N.F.L. 1,800 of the best players in the world. One does not hold a thoroughbred back, it is detrimental to a thoroughbreds natural instincts.

Now... There is a dream ending. If it happens I will be in bliss.

Here is my dream.

The greatest thoroughbred of all takes over the corral, takes charge, and takes control of the Superbowl.

I want to see the fear in the face of Tom Brady. I want to hear the the doubt in the voice of Belicheck's press conferences in the week before The Super Bowl.

I want to read on every sports site, every News Paper in America how Brett Favre and Tom Brady match up. I want to read how the tandem of Chuck and Harris may effect the passing game and shut down Randy Moss who dished the Packers because he wanted a better path to a ring.

I want to respect Bill Belichick by giving him what he lives by. The ultimate kill. Live by the sword and die by the sword.

I want the Packers to be up in the Super Bowl by 35 points on 4th and 1 then watch Brett roll out, throw off his back foot and hit D.D. on a post for 7 more points.

I want to see Tom Brady meet Brett at Center Field and give him a "Hall Of Fame Hug."

It could happen.... This Packer Team is special, and it is OK to dream.

R.P.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that seperates the Packers from the Patriots this year, is that they accelerate when up by alot of points, and we deccelerate when up by alot of points. Yet we still have an equally good passing attack as the patriots? makes you wonder.

I honestly think only the colts when healthy and the packers when healthy matchup decently against the patriots.

IMO if our defensive rush can get to Brady, we have a chance.
thats how you beat studly QB's. CRUSH THEM.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to say, I would be excited as hell to see that matchup in the Superbowl. I think our defense would stand a better chance than any team they've played yet.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and babies...(and baby animals).

What a team needs to do to beat the Patriots is smack that smug bastard Tom Brady right in the mouth. They need to hit him, and hit him hard over and over again, and he will fail.

I saw the Jets do it last year in Foxboro and they won!

And when the Patriots lose, they become the biggest cry-babies in the world. You saw it last year....

They lose poorly..and it is a joy to see!

Members online

Latest posts