Favre is Fantastic!!!...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great story, one more to Brett the great human being, Brett the great football player... Seems that he is just like that.... It is nice to hear this story when we get a lot of different ones from spoiled athletes.

Brett is sure an example for young kids and older ones too!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
illyjules said:
Some of you who know me from OBF know the story but for those who don't, this is why Brett is an awesome person & player...

My dad (who recently passed away) :cry: was battling cancer for 2 years. No sob story here - he was fortunate with his chemo treatments & never was truly sick. His radiation was a different story - awful side effects. Anyway, he just turned 70 this past Sept. 26th. I put a post on OBF asking Brett to wish my dad a happy 70th. Brett comes on OBF to "chat" with us & answer posts periodically. I later received a PM from one of the admins saying he'd make sure that Brett saw the post. A few days later, he PM'd me again saying Brett would like to send my dad a personal letter - if that was ok with me. I was in total disbelief!! :shock: I told him - HELL YEAH - that would be unbelievably fantastic!! We had a HUGE surprise party for him & we received the letter the day of the party. I read the letter at the party as a surprise to my dad. What a night!!! It's something nobody at the party, my family, & our friends will ever forget! The framed letter from Brett was on a table along with other Packer memorabilia at my dad's visitation & funeral.

So, for those of you who are a bit jaded about NFL players from time to time, they are not all bad. Brett took the time during the season to send a letter to my dad - that is why FAVRE IS FANTASTIC!!!!!!! :cheerleader:

That is a wonderful story Jules. Sure your father had a smile on his face.

Members online

Latest posts