Favre Interview: Packers Flag Station

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/12718752.html

Brett Favre: Just A Regular Guy

Audio:

Brett Favre's full talk with John Jagler and Gene Mueller on Wisconsin's Morning News

Reports:

- John Jagler on Favre and fans mutually saying Thank You

- Jay Sorgi on Brett just being your average guy

We know Packers QB Brett Favre is a three-time MVP and one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play the game. But did you know the hero of all Packers Nation has garbage duty every week? "I take out the trash Tuesday mornings," said Favre in an interview on Wisconsin's Morning News. Or that the NFL's all-time leader in passing yardage, touchdown passes and victories... has been known to pick up sports equipment with his feet?

His coach, Mike McCarthy, says that back in 1999, he saw Brett pick up a softball with his toes. "It wasn't a softball, it was a baseball," stated Favre. "I don't think I can anymore. "We like to be remembered for certain things so I guess mine is being able to pick up things with my toes." And when it comes to pizza slices, does the NFL's all-time ironman for quarterbacks...like pizza square shaped or cut in triangles? "Doesn't matter, as long as it's good," uttered Green Bay's number four.

Wisconsin's Morning News hosts John Jagler and Gene Mueller took text messages from listeners who asked many of the questions above...but the most-responded words? Thank you. He says, no thanks necessary. "I enjoy playing," stated Brett. "I definitely enjoy playing here in Green Bay. The way it's all worked out is way more than I could ever dreamed. There's no better place to play. Yea, I'm a little bit biased, but it's been wonderful. How can I say anything differently? It's been a great experience not only for me but for my family. I'm glad that (fans) have enjoyed it as well."

But he's also enjoying family life, including his daughter Breliegh's love of Hannah Monatana. "Disney stays on at our house," said Brett. "She's a big Hannah Montana fan as well as Zach and Cody. I've watched all those shows." Along with having to meet his 19-year-old daughter Brittany's dates. "I'm usually very quiet for a change," stated the father of two. "Deanna says you have to say something good or bad. I'm more sizing him up and what he's about. They've always been good with us. I've haven't had any say 'Hey Brett! Let's go out and toss the football!' or 'Take me hunting!' They may not come back."

Of course, the words "come back" lead to the question about the R word. His response when it came up in the discussion, especially surrounding a potential win in Super Bowl XLII in February? "Who knows?" said the Packers signalcaller. "That (Super Bowl win) may give you a taste of wanting to do it again. Or you may say there's no better way to go out and now's the time. Fortunately, I haven't had to really think about it that much. We're enjoying the season and that's been more of the focus." For the record, it should be noted that fellow quarterback great John Elway didn't go out after one Super Bowl win, he went out after two in a row. "Either way it's going to be a tough decision and at some point it's going to happen. We'll see when it comes."

:pop: :pop:

Members online

Latest posts