Favre greatly missed after 2 preseason games

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah so what they still lost and brett favre is so amazing on the jets he only got one td and that makes him farveuluar?

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer98 said:
Sad, but very very true. Oh wait, the Jets just scored!!!!!!

Wow really Favre and the first team offense were awful the last two preseasons. Take off your Favre goggles and give the team a chance when it matters.

OP
OP
P

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh was that Rodgers lighting it up against the niners? How long was he going to wait to release the ball?

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
fondypackfan said:
packer98 said:

Wow really Favre and the first team offense were awful the last two preseasons. Take off your Favre goggles and give the team a chance when it matters.

Please check your facts before making statements like this. Favre had a 93+ passer rating each of the last 2 pre seasons. Yes it is still pre season and yesterday now means nothing, but if the o-line troubles continue in the regular season Favre will most certainly be missed greatly.

Brett4Ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gee, dewrongdeal, great post.
Favre will be missed, I honestly think that he can make those quick decisions necessary to allow you to keep the edge when your O-line breaks down. Rogers was having trouble with that a few nights ago. Rogers can get it together, but he is no Favre.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett4Ever said:
gee, dewrongdeal, great post.
Favre will be missed, I honestly think that he can make those quick decisions necessary to allow you to keep the edge when your O-line breaks down. Rogers was having trouble with that a few nights ago. Rogers can get it together, but he is no Favre.

And will never be near as good as Favre is. If Rodgers is still in the nfl in 3 years, i'd be shocked.

hybriddragonfly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ya favre looked sharp and rogers didnt

it is going to be a long season rodgers has no experience and is going to make alot of mistakes and get sacked alot for he holds onto the ball way to long... he looked indecisive of where to throw on saturday and if he doesnt get his head out he is going to get hurt AGAIN and then we truly will be screwed

dingus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre makes quick decisions cuz he's been doing it for 16 years. Rodgers will get it together and the team will be fine. Favre isn't our QB anymore so either cheer for the Packers or go cheer for favre. The Jets boards need your love!

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hybriddragonfly said:
ya favre looked sharp and rogers didnt

it is going to be a long season rodgers has no experience and is going to make alot of mistakes and get sacked alot for he holds onto the ball way to long... he looked indecisive of where to throw on saturday and if he doesnt get his head out he is going to get hurt AGAIN and then we truly will be screwed
i agree 100 /// i know many here just love Rodgers ,,, well i dont ... Brett should have been our QB and for good reason ... He ran 2 drives with a new offence with almost no trouble was able to put points on the board ... Rodgers on the other hand ran drives that looked worse than highshool foot ball ... this is the NFL ,,, Rodgers if you really wanna be a QB in the NFL you have to MOVE THE BALL ,,, NOT GET SACKED ...

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kewlbeans said:
fondypackfan said:
packer98 said:

Please check your facts before making statements like this. Favre had a 93+ passer rating each of the last 2 pre seasons. Yes it is still pre season and yesterday now means nothing, but if the o-line troubles continue in the regular season Favre will most certainly be missed greatly.

Two Td's last preseason is hardly what you would call a high powered offense no need to call me out about checking my facts. Atleast Rodgers gives us some ability to run for positive yards instead of taking the sack.

OP
OP
P

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he did a good job of that the past 2 games. Rodgers sacked 4 TIMES in 2 games, Yea, he gives us the ability to run the ball, BUT HE DOESN'T. HE TAKES SACKS!!!

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer98 said:
he did a good job of that the past 2 games. Rodgers sacked 4 TIMES in 2 games, Yea, he gives us the ability to run the ball, BUT HE DOESN'T. HE TAKES SACKS!!!

He was sacked 4 times in the 1st quarter of the last preseason game. I think he's up to 6 or 7 sacks in less than 2 quarters of play so far. Favre had 15 sacks ALL LAST SEASON. I guess happy feet isn't quite the mobile quarterback everyone seems to think he is. He gives us the ability to have lots of 3rd and longs and lots of punts. I wouldn't be surprised if John Ryan is our team mvp this season.

4rules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dingus said:
Favre makes quick decisions cuz he's been doing it for 16 years. Rodgers will get it together and the team will be fine. Favre isn't our QB anymore so either cheer for the Packers or go cheer for favre. The Jets boards need your love!

Milwaukee area sports radio are carrying both the Packer games, and Favre play. It's a good thing; this way fans will be able to follow and compare ALL the results. At the end of the season, the results will speak for themselves. Those of us who appreciate so much what Brett brought to GBay still need to give Rodgers some room to grow. Favre's initial preseason play wasn't all that great either!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre has a passer rating of 139.6 in the preseason.

Jon Kitna has a passer rating of 158.3 this preseason.

Tarvaris ______ Jackson has a passer rating of 127.1 this preseason.

Kyle Orton has a passer rating of 76.4 this preseason.

Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 71.3 this preseason.

Would you be worried about rookie back ups if Brett was QB?

packedhouse

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre is gone. You have to remember one thing, when Mike McCarthy asked him if he would give 100% to the Packers, Brett said no. Remember also that our former hero was willing and actually wanted to go to our arch nemesis, the Queens. I'm sorry to say this but my loyalty to Brett Favre is gone. Right now this team and it' fns need to get behind Aaron Rogers. Don't kid yourself, he's not going to be the Brett Favre of 2007, but I don't think he'll be the Brett Favre of 2005-06 either.

Now back to the subject, the real problem offensively is the line and the receivers dropping balls. Fix those two areas and we're once again a great team

Aaronstory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh my God people need to get a life. Favre is a Jet. Rodgers is the starter and will be fine. Get over it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts