Favre gets ripped for ref hand slap

Reaction score
It was fun for everyone involved, the fans/Brett/even that ref had a chuckle (or 'giggle', if you prefer to question their sexuality as revenge for blowing all the calls they did against the Packers this year).

How did it hurt anyone?

Skip needs to be thrown overboard, the dude sounds like a moron.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I thought it was quite hilarious, but some people see no fun in things. That is too bad they have such a sour outlook.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a surprise, to me , but after 16 years that Brett Favre has been here in GB with the Packers nothing that Brett Favre does. should surprise me.

I guess, the NFL might have a "negative take" on that action by Brett Favre with the NFL official at Packer-Lion game.

Fan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is that the whole watching public saw Brett have some fun with the ref.... maybe he should have said, "take two weeks off, then quit."

*NFL films

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett likes to have fun during the game. A defensive lineman can sack him and Favre will be laughing and having a conversation with him. He's always talking to someone an djoking with someone. He's known to do some crazy things after touchdowns. I got the feeling when watching this that Bayless is just frustrated seeing this great player have some fun. The two women that were on the show with him were also talking trash about this. I'd be really surprised if the league did anything with this.

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a huge non-story being blown out of proportion. I've seen Brett smack hands with opposing players who just planted him in the turf. It is antics like this which helped build his legend for many of his fans as it proves he is just a big kid who plays this sport with enthusiasm.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is more of an issue for the ref than Brett. It is important that the refs not show partiality. We all know Brett and his childlike attitude.

I know that as a hockey official, I am VERY concious not to show partiality. Especially when it concerns a team from my town as most games involve a team from somewhere else.

I doubt however, much will come out of this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it is more of an issue for the ref than Brett. It is important that the refs not show partiality. We all know Brett and his childlike attitude.

I know that as a hockey official, I am VERY concious not to show partiality. Especially when it concerns a team from my town as most games involve a team from somewhere else.

I doubt however, much will come out of this.
Thats true Trippster! (Good morning, by the way!) I have seen clips where before a game Holmgren would be talking to the refs, saying things like "No bad calls today!" Just having fun with the zebras. I think they all probably have some kind of interaction with the guys. We just don't usually see it. The camera guy was just watching Favre, as he always seems to have a reaction worth filming when he throws a TD.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts