favre for mvp

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could #4 be inline for a fourth MVP if GB wins the North and gets a bye in the first round of the playoffs?

I think so. the Packers still can not run the ball, and Favre looks fabulous. If he keeps playing at this level, I do not see why he wouldn't come back next year.

Sorry A-Rod, you may never get a chance to start in Packerland! :D

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King had him at #3 behind Brady and Manning on the MVP watch. It's still wicked early, but his head is in the right place. He said he's working harder than he ever has before in film study, etc.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peter King had him at #3 behind Brady and Manning on the MVP watch. It's still wicked early, but his head is in the right place. He said he's working harder than he ever has before in film study, etc.

all i know is this...iF a-rod had to start for the Packers, and MM asked him to put the ball up an avg of 40 times a game to win, the Packers maybe
0-3, instead of 3-0. if Favre went down, would the packers have a chance to still win? Rodgers at qb, rb is Jackson and wynn, GJ Jackson at WR. Could the Pack win with a-rod right now?

i think NE, Indy, may still win games w/o their QB, but the Pack may rely on a QB who can pass 40 times a game, and i feel #4 is one of the few guys that can throw 40 a game in the NFL, so if we win the North, I see #4 as MVP over the other guys!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not even October so let's not get ahead of ourselves. If he keeps playing like this he'll have a shot at it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:

all i know is this...iF a-rod had to start for the Packers, and MM asked him to put the ball up an avg of 40 times a game to win, the Packers maybe
0-3, instead of 3-0. if Favre went down, would the packers have a chance to still win? Rodgers at qb, rb is Jackson and wynn, GJ Jackson at WR. Could the Pack win with a-rod right now?

i think NE, Indy, may still win games w/o their QB, but the Pack may rely on a QB who can pass 40 times a game, and i feel #4 is one of the few guys that can throw 40 a game in the NFL, so if we win the North, I see #4 as MVP over the other guys!

why even bring up aaron rodgers though. and if you think Indy could win as much with out Peyton Manning... your on some serious drugs and i need your number.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think the colts could win more games if peyton went down, than GB if #4 went down.

that is the very simple, basic point I was making!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do agree brett favre is vital in the wins so far... not denying it.

but Peyton is the Colts... and without him they dont win 4 games period.

wed be a 6 win team with A-rod at least.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What about Harrison or Addai, or how that offensive line never lets anyone near Manning. And that's just to name a few components of their team. The Colts could still put up a winning record without Manning. They wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender, but they could still win.

I have to contend that if Favre continues this pace he'd have to be MVP. We'd have gone from 4-12 to 8-8 to 12-4 (just to make it nice and symmetrical) and Favre would finish with close to 4600 yards and 32 TD's... that would give him the yards, td's, already has wins, and completions. And he would've done this in a season where many were wondering if he had anything left and if the Packers could do much of anything this year. Everything considered I think that should earn him MVP... if he does it.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mi_keys said:

What about Harrison or Addai, or how that offensive line never lets anyone near Manning. And that's just to name a few components of their team. The Colts could still put up a winning record without Manning. They wouldn't be a Super Bowl contender, but they could still win.

I have to contend that if Favre continues this pace he'd have to be MVP. We'd have gone from 4-12 to 8-8 to 12-4 (just to make it nice and symmetrical) and Favre would finish with close to 4600 yards and 32 TD's... that would give him the yards, td's, already has wins, and completions. And he would've done this in a season where many were wondering if he had anything left and if the Packers could do much of anything this year. Everything considered I think that should earn him MVP... if he does it.

that is exactly what i am saying. i feel NE and Indy could win if their QB's go down. However GB would be screwed if #4 was injured. even MM said the pack could only run this offense w/#4 at QB

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett as much as anyone but if we're going just by stats so far Brady is actually out of this world. He has like only 19 incompletions. So far I don't see Manning being close to Brady or even Brett. What does he have 4 td's. I think he's to old and should quit. LOL

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Favre, Manning, and Brady all went down to injury then all three of those teams would miss the playoffs. All 3 are among the top 10 QB's to ever play the game. I'm thinking probably top 5 of this era. To say that one is more important to their team than the other is just to much of a stretch. Their respective teams need each one just as much. I mean Manning calls most of the playoffs for Indy. Brady is the best game manager in the NFL and we all know Favre is carrying this Packers' offense on his back right now.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett as much as anyone but if we're going just by stats so far Brady is actually out of this world. He has like only 19 incompletions. So far I don't see Manning being close to Brady or even Brett. What does he have 4 td's. I think he's to old and should quit. LOL

Me too. P Manning is over the hill and washed up.
Now, that Favre guy is the real deal. :)

DH - Unfortunately, I'd have to give it to Brady. I love Favre, as everyone who knows me knows, but Brady is having the better year. Favre is #2 though.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
could indy win w/o manning. i say yes, w/the o-line, Addai, harrison, wayne, clark, same w/NE, but if #4 goes down, i don't think we would win many more games.

our running game is nothing like NE or Indy, those teams may still compete if their QB goes down, we could not!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts