Favre fans want to come back

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Saw a thread where fans are wondering who to root for when Brett retires for real?

Stay with the Viks, or go back to the Packers

What a bunch of

:fool:

:scratch:

They really need to ask if its okay? for me I fight to keep them out..

What about anyone else?

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a friend who still likes Brett Favre and cheers for him, but is still a Packer fan at heart..

I have NO CLUE hope some people can only like one player and whatever team he"s on... how does that make sense? Either you like the Packers or you don't....

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've already seen a couple people I don't recognize from the past couple years with Favre in their names posting here. I plan to be as big a bastard towards these people as I can get away with, and I plan to call them out on their hypocrisy every time. Yes, Hauschild, this means you.

Just sayin.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a number of people who follow a specific player regardless of the team he plays for. I started out liking the Eagles only because Reggie White played for them and later followed him to the Packers and became a fan of them. I still followed the Eagles until very recently. People have their reasons but this time it is different, there is bad blood. We can't stop them from going where they want to go, Vikings or Packers but it is up to us to choose how we want to react to them.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are a number of people who follow a specific player regardless of the team he plays for. I started out liking the Eagles only because Reggie White played for them and later followed him to the Packers and became a fan of them. I still followed the Eagles until very recently. People have their reasons but this time it is different, there is bad blood. We can't stop them from going where they want to go, Vikings or Packers but it is up to us to choose how we want to react to them.

As a former Brett Favre fan, I cheered for the Jets when he played for them.

He lost me when he manipulated his way to Minnesota.

Being a fan of a particular player is fine, but when you root against your supposed favorite team and start cheering for the enemy, you're not a fan. That's precisely what a lot of those BF ball-washers did, and frankly, I'd rather not have their support.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'm young enough, that Brett Favre was one of the major reasons I liked the Packers to begin with. I grew up watching him lead this team to Super Bowls. Over the years, I guess I just developed too much of a love for the Packer team to care much for Brett after he did what he did. Players get old and need to realize when to quit while they're ahead. I respect players more when they're bigger than their own egos and can figure that out.

My conclusion is that I still like the guy, and always will since I basically grew up with him and he is one of the reasons I got into football from the start. However, I hate him as long as he's in purple. As soon as he quits, I can go back to liking him again.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a way I understand the Favre fans because I'm from Mn and never thought I could be a traitor. I haven't lived in Mn for 20 years but when Vikings mgmt. and Vikings fans accepted a QB who went to Mn specifically to hurt the franchise that was responsible for his fame and money I just could not stomach it. Not many understand how I could desert a team, but I found that I had so much more respect for a Mgmt team (yes TT, MM) that made a tough decision and put their team and fans above public opinion. In the summer of 2008 I got my #12 jersey and have never looked back. I love the Packers more than anything and don't care what anyone says.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a former Brett Favre fan, I cheered for the Jets when he played for them.

He lost me when he manipulated his way to Minnesota.

Being a fan of a particular player is fine, but when you root against your supposed favorite team and start cheering for the enemy, you're not a fan. That's precisely what a lot of those BF ball-washers did, and frankly, I'd rather not have their support.

He lost me when he went to the Vikings too. I made my peace with the Jets but the Vikings I found I could not forgive. Personally, as far as I've seen from the OBF boards, I wouldn't want their support either.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
12 mins after I posted this, the Brett forum head man made a comment about it...Nothing like being a stalker

by DAVID» Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:12 pm
It's a free country. You should go where you want. Some think you should never be allowed to return, sounds a little ****** to me, LOL. I think many will take a while to return, if they ever do. I love football. I can watch it all day regardless if its College or Pro.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BAHAHAHAHA! Idiots over there are saying we'd have to dump Rodgers in order for them to return as fans.

by evalu8er » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:13 am

It's a hard call. It will take TT leaving, i think, before I can go back to the packers. I am not crazy about AR either, no matter how well he plays. Then there is all the trauma of the horrible things haters have said----geez, that's why I quit sports blogging.

and

by Valerie_B » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:34 am

I too am waiting for the brat pack to leave GB, but I'm still not sure I could ever go back. So much has happened. They'd have to really take that team in a new direction and loose AR. I grew up a loyal pack fan and stayed through all the ugly years. I figured I'd try staying with the Vikings, but yesterday after Brett got hurt, I got bored. I sat there on my couch thinking ok this is how it will be, this is so sad.

Some real winners over there. I wonder if they realize how pathetic they sound.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They feel Rodgers told Ted I start or trade me..Not sure why they got that impression? :search:

Now if my source is correct ( which I believe them to be)

That during that drama summer they were in talks to give Rodgers a new deal..And when all the stuff happened with Brett, Rodgers said dont worry about me, deal with the Brett situation 1st.

Then half way thru the seasons a new deal was reached..From my understanding it happened so fast because most of it was done during the summer

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They feel Rodgers told Ted I start or trade me..Not sure why they got that impression? :search:

Now if my source is correct ( which I believe them to be)

That during that drama summer they were in talks to give Rodgers a new deal..And when all the stuff happened with Brett, Rodgers said dont worry about me, deal with the Brett situation 1st.

Then half way thru the seasons a new deal was reached..From my understanding it happened so fast because most of it was done during the summer

What went on behind closed doors is all rumor-mongering and complete speculation at this point. Aaron doesn't strike me as the type to demand a trade; It's more likely he'd just let his contract expire and go somewhere else. Ultimately people are going to choose to believe what they want to believe.

I imagine some of it has to do with the fact that he replaced Favre too. Kinda like your ex GF's new boyfriend. It doesn't matter if he's a cool guy or not, the fact that he's with your ex makes him an automatic ******.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have had no respect for TT or MM if they had continued to allow Brett dictate and waffle. They had to make a tough decision, but put the franchise ahead of one resentful drama queen. Look how that's going for Minnesota, they are still waiting for Brett to tell them what to do.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Favre fans follow Favre because they are like him, Constanly clinging to and trying to relive the past.

They made a deal with the purple devil and they want to bail now that they are staring into the face of the reaper.

Well no more waffling you made your decision now you must live with it, you can no longer be considered true Packer fans!! Besides, being a Minnesota fan fits your bandwagon jumping personality better.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm honestly still befuddled by this entire situation... If Aaron Rodgers is doing good after Favre's departure, and these people were "Packer Fans" before the Favre-GB saga ended, shouldn't they be thinking "well, that was a great career, its a shame he couldn't win one more SuperBowl. Now I'll go follow A-Rod and see how his career turns out with my (old) favourite team!"

or they can stick with the smelly Vikings and GOOD RIDDANCE if that's their decision...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm honestly still befuddled by this entire situation... If Aaron Rodgers is doing good after Favre's departure, and these people were "Packer Fans" before the Favre-GB saga ended, shouldn't they be thinking "well, that was a great career, its a shame he couldn't win one more SuperBowl. Now I'll go follow A-Rod and see how his career turns out with my (old) favourite team!"

or they can stick with the smelly Vikings and GOOD RIDDANCE if that's their decision...

That's the thing: They were never Packers fans. They were Brett Favre fans, which is fine, but I don't want them back as Packers fans. I have room for true Packers fans, not wishy washy ones. You're either all in or you're not. Those folks aren't.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stupid flakes. If they were truly Favre fans, shouldn't they hate the Packer organization?

They do! I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I'll come back when TT leaves". The truth, of course, is that TT had the stones to put the franchise above public opinion. If TT had acted like Childress, he would still be driving Brett around in a limo and carrying his crutches.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They do! I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I'll come back when TT leaves". The truth, of course, is that TT had the stones to put the franchise above public opinion. If TT had acted like Childress, he would still be driving Brett around in a limo and carrying his crutches.

Well, unless he starts really ******** the pooch, I'm hoping Ted Thompson stays for a very long time. He's hands down one of the best GM's in the league.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happen to think McCarthy is one of the better coaches in the league too, along with Dom Capers. If the Pack goes deep into the play-offs, he should get coach of the year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I happen to think McCarthy is one of the better coaches in the league too, along with Dom Capers. If the Pack goes deep into the play-offs, he should get coach of the year.

Totally, especially when you consider what they've been able to do with the MASH unit of players we currently have.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Sooooo, what do they do once Favre retires and the TT/Rodgers are still with the Pack? Do they just stop watching football?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to that thread, many will stop watching football altogether. A couple are mixed about whether they should root for the Pack or stay with the Vikings while a few more are saying they'll just watch College ball.

Whatever. Kinda sad when the only enjoyment you get out of football is because of one guy.

Members online

Latest posts