Favre contemplates coaching or broadcasting

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is about making money. It makes money on advertising. The NFL and its distributors (FOX, CBS, ESPN, NFL Network) will do whatever it takes to expand programming and therefore ad revenue. People will want to see Favre, and he has always been personable. The sour guy we've had in GB or rivals is as a result of his miscalculations about himself as a player, and others - as players, coaches, or scouts. But he CAN crack a smile, turn women on with that stubble on his latern jaw, and emotionally "complete" blue collar barstool dwellers around the NFL. You can just hear the "... as my daddy used to say....." type catch phrases. As someone said, if Bradshaw can do it, so can Favre. And you can toss in Strahan as well.

I don't hate Favre the NFL poster child though I do resent what the effect of the overhype therefrom did to Favre's assessment of himself and his surroundings that led him to brown bomb the team that made him who he was. As a NFL personality Favre will crack off a 10 year career tossing around his image for the NFL and they will be glad for it. As for Favre the Packer Legend, he is the one who crossed the Mississippi and burned the bridge behind him. It is up to him to rebuild a bridge to come back over. If he doesn't, the stats are in the books, they are what they are, and nothing more needs to be done or said by either side.

Cracking wise as a part of the NFL on FOX analysis team is a whole different deal. He's welcome to it. I don't watch it either way.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts