Favre Considering Comeback (***July 2nd BREAKING***)

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
tromadz said:
trippster said:
Packnic said:
trippster said:
And packnic, saying Favre is done because of one game after a great season is absurd.

As absurd as assuming Rodger will be great becasue of one half of a football game.

I never said Rodgers will be great. I have no idea.

Favre is done. He retired. You might not have gotten the memo.

Never said you proclaimed Rodgers would be great.

Got the Memo. Also got the memo he might come back.

I don't care if he retired and unretired 15 times. If he can help us win this year then I want him. this is our best chance to get to the SB.

Are you forgetting the TEAM MOVED ON? They drafted 2 QBs. They set Favre's jersey retirement game. They moved on. Why did they move on? Because the man retired. He said "I'm done. I won't be back."

Coming back would be one of the biggest disrespects a player could show a team.

I guess in your world someone is not allowed to change their mind.
Wait I remember about 3 years ago when You came on this forum and stated
"THAT YOU WERE DONE WITH THIS PLACE, YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO POST ON THIS FORUM AGAIN".

Yet your are still here.

If BF wants to come back, things should have been done differently, but things are what they are now.
I still think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and Brett will stay retired, but if he really does want to come back, he will still be the best QB option The Packers have and will give the team the best chance to go to the SB.
I am not saying AR will do bad but if you have your choice of a 17 year vet, who is till at the top of his game, or a 3 year vet, who has yet to prove himself, you tell me which is the better choice.

The fact that you compared me to brett tells us you have no idea what you're talking about. Watch from the sidelines please.

Believe me when I say I was not comparing you to BF.

But I have to admit you are The King of The spin.

I asked you a question, what is the best option for The Packers if Brett does decide to unretire?(Which as I stated earlier I don't think he will).

TT and MM seem to have proven that they make decisions(some which have had to been very hard) that is best for the team, so in your opinion what is the best option if Brett decides to unretire?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best thing for the team is to go in the direction they've already started in. If this was the day before the draft and he said "I'm coming back!" then I would have been all for it, but that's not what happened. Substantial steps towards moving forward took place, and bringing Favre back would be detrimental to that. The team moved on. Everyone has said the team has moved on(coach,gm,players - even the one in question) and they support A-Rod. This isn't a team that pulls those kind of backout shenanigans.

I have to admit you are The King

Hail to the king, baby.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See how easy that was king. :D :D

Their are some on this forum who disagree with your opinion, hopefully Brett will stay retired and this whole dissucsion, and thread has been something to fill time until training camp starts and real football talk can begin.

Whoever is the starting QB that first Monday night game, I will be cheering for them to lead The Pack to a victory and a winning season, hope you can do the same.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett comes back he is our best option at QB, If A-Rod can't handle it then he will never be able to make it as a pro QB.

It's the nature of the NFL. If you want the job you have to be able to beat out the guy in front of you, behind you, beside you, or the guy who has been riding his lawn tractor for 4 months. A-Rod is not ENTITLED to be the QB of this team anymore than Brohm or any other QB that has ever sat behind #4.

If Brett decides to come back he would be welcomed with open arms by the majority of Packer Nation. It has nothing to do with Favre-Firster garbage that some like to point out because they are looking to pick a fight. It has everything to do with BF gives this team the best chance to win at this point. If you, or A-Rod for that matter, I would have to question your fandom.

Furthermore Tromadz, It has been said TT drafts BPA and not for need so your argument is bunk. Al Harris has been quoted as saying he would welcome Brett back with open arms as would most I'd imagine, as a players highest goal is to achieve a Championship and BF is the better option in obtaining that goal.

I for one would love to see Brett back playing on Sunday, If it ****** A-Rod off so be it. Perhaps he should outplay Brett instead of wanting something handed to him on a silver platter.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder why so many newcomers to this site post their first post in this thread? Why did they wait till Brett was rumored to want to possibly maybe come out of retirement before they decided to join a forum?

Either way welcome to all the new people here and hopefully you will stick around long after this thing has died down. Just remember that if you don't then you may be labled as a Favre-Firster or a Greenbay Favre fan.
(And apperently there are no hats.)

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an old member who forgot his password, so just made a new account. Been here for awhile.

I know how things work on this board. A few people here were not real big on BF BEFORE he retired. I bet you can tell who they are.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Secondly, WTF Al Harris? "I'd welcome him back with open arms".... Way to support your current starter, A-Rod.

Yeah, Harris continues to **** me off.
He also stated that he respects and supports Aaron Rodgers. He has the right to be welcome to Favre coming back, as he's played with the Hall of Fame QB for years and years. I'm glad Al Harris is honest enough to admit he would like a Favre comeback...

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may be able to get your password reset if you contact Ryan.

As I stated earlier I am a Greenbay Packer fan first. I am sure there are people who weren't real big on Brett before then there are also people who are more loyal to Brett than the team. Whatever is best for the immediate and long term future of the team is what's best for the fans.
We don't have the luxury of giving input on that decision.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an old member who forgot his password, so just made a new account. Been here for awhile.

I know how things work on this board. A few people here were not real big on BF BEFORE he retired. I bet you can tell who they are.

oh come on. thats ridiculous. no one on here or any person that wears the green and gold dislikes Favre in any manner. He's the best QB of all time in my opinion. But even Favre isn't bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

I can't wait for the social cleansing Aaron Rodgers is gonna give the Packers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
all about da packers said:
Secondly, WTF Al Harris? "I'd welcome him back with open arms".... Way to support your current starter, A-Rod.

Yeah, Harris continues to **** me off.
He also stated that he respects and supports Aaron Rodgers. He has the right to be welcome to Favre coming back, as he's played with the Hall of Fame QB for years and years. I'm glad Al Harris is honest enough to admit he would like a Favre comeback...
I agree with this. I mean, what was AL supposed to say? "I don't want Favre back, even though he lead us to within an overtime of the Super Bowl."
It's not bashing A-Rod at all.
The thing i don't like the most is how this whole mess has become a distraction......like was said, it's like a circus now.
I can't wait for this 'soap opera" to end, so we all know who will be behind center come the season.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit you are The King

I obviously missed this along the way, but that dude was hammered - for sure.

I don't agree with you one hundred percent on the Favre thing quite yet, so I choose not to comment.

I hope we both agree that this is interesting.

I wonder why so many newcomers to this site post their first post in this thread?

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dd80forever said:

oh come on. thats ridiculous. no one on here or any person that wears the green and gold dislikes Favre in any manner. He's the best QB of all time in my opinion. But even Favre isn't bigger than the Green Bay Packers.

I can't wait for the social cleansing Aaron Rodgers is gonna give the Packers.

No you come on, You wan't to throw out comments like the "social cleansing" thing. What is that supposed to mean?

BF has never tried to be bigger than the Packers. If he wants to play what bothers you so much about that? I just don't get it.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,

we could trade him and get someone. On the other hand...if he comes back isn't he our best QB? Don't we always want our best players playing?

Amen! Preach it brotha!

I want to see Favre come back. He is best player ever. He is my reason for liking football sport to begin with. He was initiated during one of my visit and than I moved here from Germany and looked at the Packers as soon as I got here. We came in time for school and then football started.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All I hope is that this rumour hasnt divided the team as much as its divided this forum.

As for the whole debate, although I love brett, I dont wanna see us pass up on a super bowl window of like 10 years for a super bowl window of 1 or 2 because I have a sense that if we pass up on A-rod we'll be passing up on something special that I just dont sense from Brohm. Plus I know bretts year last year was outstanding but i think the team was what propelled him as the runner-up mvp. So i guess im on tromadz side in this debate we shouldnt let brett comeback because i still think we can win the super bowl without him and with a-rod. Didnt brett say it was all bull anyway?

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard a rumour Bart Starr wants to unretire.............

Sorry I can't disclose my contact.

:lol: Isn't Bart Starr like 90 years old? :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flep said:
I heard a rumour Bart Starr wants to unretire.............

Sorry I can't disclose my contact.

:lol: Isn't Bart Starr like 90 years old? :lol:
Nah.....he's only 74!
I heard the Vikings were trying to get him to replace Jackson though........but Starr is still under contract to the Packers...........and TT won't release or trade him! :wink:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one will be the happiest person in the world if Brett comes back to play, we just have to wait till Jul 28th not far off. Brett does give us the chance to get to the super bowl once again, why wouldnt the players want him back? Al Harris is just being honest is all.

I also agree with people here on letting Favre and Rodgers fight it out and let the best man win. I for one think that Favre will blow Rodgers out of the water and Rodgers will sit once again. And if they trade him IMO then Rodgers wasnt meant to be our QB in the first place. Also I agree if Rodgers cant take the heat he wont make it as a QB in this league anyways.

Again if Rodgers is our QB I will back him all the way and I hope he does well for our team. So whoever is our QB all I want to do it win!! Rodgers is a good guy, I have met him, talked with him, and had my picture taken with him. So I wish him the very best.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one will be the happiest person in the world if Brett comes back to play, we just have to wait till Jul 28th not far off. Brett does give us the chance to get to the super bowl once again, why wouldnt the players want him back? Al Harris is just being honest is all.

I also agree with people here on letting Favre and Rodgers fight it out and let the best man win. I for one think that Favre will blow Rodgers out of the water and Rodgers will sit once again. And if they trade him IMO then Rodgers wasnt meant to be our QB in the first place. Also I agree if Rodgers cant take the heat he wont make it as a QB in this league anyways.

Again if Rodgers is our QB I will back him all the way and I hope he does well for our team. So whoever is our QB all I want to do it win!! Rodgers is a good guy, I have met him, talked with him, and had my picture taken with him. So I wish him the very best.

touché.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
how can someone say I support Rodgers but yet imply he wont get us to the superbowl?

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall an analyst saying on espn, that this organization is not about someone's feelings. The argument that Brett can get us to a superbowl should not be ignored.

By the way, nobody believe that he would play for another team. The media was looking at all these possibilities for Brett with another team in the past, and he came out and said he does not want to play for another team other than Green Bay. (I heard a possibility of him going to the Vikings, YEAH RIGHT)

Members online

Latest posts