Favre Considering Comeback (***July 2nd BREAKING***)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
I will tell you what I want. (What I really,really, want.)

A Brett Come Back.

With the Vikings.

Brett starting in purple against Aaron Monday September 8th- 7PM EST. At his own good-bye party in Green Bay.

Sorry.... I just love good theatre. There would be no finer theatre than that.

I want to punch you in the face right now...ok, just kidding but the mere thought of Favre in purple makes me want to throw up. Seriously puke. :puke:

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK... I'm done. Whatever happens happens. If Brett comes back then I will cheer him on as the GBP QB and if he doesn't then I will cheer on Rodgers as our QB. Nothing I say or do will change anything. There is a greatness in Favre that is undeniable and it would be fantastic to see him out there in Lambeau field forever flinging missle balls. It would also be great to see what Rodgers can do with his apparent talent and the proven talent of the GB team.

Either way I'm just one fan and I can only hope this whole thing is handled well and both Brett and Rodgers are happy and we go on to win 3 Superbowls in a row.

Bingo. I'm sure nearly all the fans feel the same way. I know I do. The only person that has a chance to be booed in this whole situation is Ted Thompson in my opinion because he'll be the one that has to make the tough decision but the Packers are still our team and no matter what they'll be supported.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
trippster said:
And packnic, saying Favre is done because of one game after a great season is absurd.

As absurd as assuming Rodger will be great becasue of one half of a football game.

I never said Rodgers will be great. I have no idea.

Favre is done. He retired. You might not have gotten the memo.

Never said you proclaimed Rodgers would be great.

Got the Memo. Also got the memo he might come back.

I don't care if he retired and unretired 15 times. If he can help us win this year then I want him. this is our best chance to get to the SB.

I am with you Tripp!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
trippster said:
And packnic, saying Favre is done because of one game after a great season is absurd.

As absurd as assuming Rodger will be great becasue of one half of a football game.

I don't care if he retired and unretired 15 times. If he can help us win this year then I want him. this is our best chance to get to the SB.

Are you forgetting the TEAM MOVED ON? They drafted 2 QBs. They set Favre's jersey retirement game. They moved on. Why did they move on? Because the man retired. He said "I'm done. I won't be back."

Coming back would be one of the biggest disrespects a player could show a team.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like i said earlier in this thread.............i heard Favre's mother talk about this. So it CAN'T be just rumor, or why would she get involved? Obviously somthing is going on, or she would have said it was just rumor.

There's nothing i can DO about it either way. But i hope both sides get this ironed out quickly, so i know WHO will be QB'ing MY team this fall.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

^ my reason for wanting him to stay retired

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Packnic said:
trippster said:

Are you forgetting the TEAM MOVED ON? They drafted 2 QBs. They set Favre's jersey retirement game. They moved on. Why did they move on? Because the man retired. He said "I'm done. I won't be back."

I guess in your world someone is not allowed to change their mind.
Wait I remember about 3 years ago when You came on this forum and stated
"THAT YOU WERE DONE WITH THIS PLACE, YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO POST ON THIS FORUM AGAIN".

Yet your are still here.

If BF wants to come back, things should have been done differently, but things are what they are now.
I still think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and Brett will stay retired, but if he really does want to come back, he will still be the best QB option The Packers have and will give the team the best chance to go to the SB.
I am not saying AR will do bad but if you have your choice of a 17 year vet, who is till at the top of his game, or a 3 year vet, who has yet to prove himself, you tell me which is the better choice.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
tromadz said:
trippster said:
Packnic said:
trippster said:

"THAT YOU WERE DONE WITH THIS PLACE, YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO POST ON THIS FORUM AGAIN".

Yet your are still here.

If BF wants to come back, things should have been done differently, but things are what they are now.
I still think this whole thing has been blown out of proportion and Brett will stay retired, but if he really does want to come back, he will still be the best QB option The Packers have and will give the team the best chance to go to the SB.
I am not saying AR will do bad but if you have your choice of a 17 year vet, who is till at the top of his game, or a 3 year vet, who has yet to prove himself, you tell me which is the better choice.

Of course he can change his mind..

but you can not compare Trom and Brett...

Brett told the team he was done, and the team had to prepare somehow for life w/o him.

Packerforum did not have to prepare for life with out Trom

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
trippster said:
Packnic said:
trippster said:

Yet your are still here.

The fact that you compared me to brett tells us you have no idea what you're talking about. Watch from the sidelines please.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
tromadz said:
trippster said:
Packnic said:
trippster said:

Yet your are still here.

The fact that you compared me to brett tells us you have no idea what you're talking about. Watch from the sidelines please.

Gotch ya !!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK... I'm done. Whatever happens happens. If Brett comes back then I will cheer him on as the GBP QB and if he doesn't then I will cheer on Rodgers as our QB. Nothing I say or do will change anything. There is a greatness in Favre that is undeniable and it would be fantastic to see him out there in Lambeau field forever flinging missle balls. It would also be great to see what Rodgers can do with his apparent talent and the proven talent of the GB team.

Either way I'm just one fan and I can only hope this whole thing is handled well and both Brett and Rodgers are happy and we go on to win 3 Superbowls in a row.

YES! Thank you. That is the PERFECT post. My thoughts to a T. Either way I'm going to cheer for the Packers.

It's all just opinion. I'd rather have Favre play because I think he gives us a better chance to win the Suepr Bowl this year and I think the window for a championship in a weak NFC is small. Other's feel that Rodgers is better because in the long-run we have a better chance at SB's. Either way, we're going to be cheering for the Packers. With Favre starting or with Rodgers starting.

The only one screwed is Teddy, lol. Either pro-Rodgers for 2008 and beyond are going to hate him or pro-Favre for 2008 are going to hate him (assuming Favre wants to come back).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only one screwed is Teddy, lol.

And the roster\salary cap.

This is the post-Favre roster. We drafted 2 QBs, we got Jordy Nelson, I BELIEVE, to help Rodgers out(if we had favre, would we have picked jordy? who knows. maybe, maybe not).

Favre had his chance to come back, and I wanted him to also(look at my post-giants game posts), but he decided to hang em up. They better stay hung up or he is going to look like a real **** heel to a LOT of people.

save the "b-b-b-but...competitive drive!" crap. Nobody forced him to retire. If he wanted a super extended vacation, he could have talked to McCarthy.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre came back to play for the Vikings if would be the ultime jinxing considering he'll have the Madden Curse and the Vikings "Destined to Fail" Curse all looming over him :D

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the post-Favre roster. We drafted 2 QBs, we got Jordy Nelson, I BELIEVE, to help Rodgers out(if we had favre, would we have picked jordy? who knows. maybe, maybe not).
What is the difference if Favre had retired or not in regards to drafting Jordy Nelson? He's a WR, meant to help the QB. Why would Rogers get a new talented WR but not Favre? Is he not deserving of one?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its a huge gamble on both parts. I like to gamble more than anyone, but i dont like taking stupid bets.

Favre has had the perfect career. A team and fans that LOVE him, all the records, a Super Bowl, unbelievable media attention, story book. Hes a legend, first ballot hall of famer and may go down as the best QB ever.

say in the first game of this season he returns and somehow get injured seriously, or just say he plays like *** for a season. not only does it tarnish Favres brilliant Iron Man persona but it puts the packers in a tail spin with all the talent we have and no one to lead it, because Arod will surely be gone.

This stuff doesn't get any easier. He is 38 years old now. Those hits aren't softer. Those snow games aren't getting warmer. He said he didn't enjoy putting the monday through saturday time in.... that isn't going away either.

The odds are so highly stacked against him.... it just doesnt make sense to put all he has built on the line, because he got an itch. One hit could ruin everything for Favre and the Franchise...and that my friends to me is dumber than trading him to the Vikings. If he leaves now his legend will live longer than any of us. God it would be great to see him play again, but I wanna see Michael Jordan play again, I'd like to see Babe Ruth swing a bat. But time passes, and all great things must come to an end.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy forced touchdowns Batman!

This was all started by a rumor of a rumor of a rumor - that during some phone conversation with MM the guy said something along the lines of "boy it's that time of year and I'm itching to play" If it's even true - who wouldn't be after doing it every year for the past 17? Doesn't mean he's suiting up.

I read that Favre told his local paper 1)It's all rumor 2)There's nothing to it.

That should be enough - it is for me. I think Rodgers will do fine. Will he start 250+ games in a row - probably not. I think the Packers will move on and do exceptionally well. I don't think Favre wants to be back in any serious way.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:

Favre had his chance to come back, and I wanted him to also(look at my post-giants game posts), but he decided to hang em up. They better stay hung up or he is going to look like a real **** heel to a LOT of people.

save the "b-b-b-but...competitive drive!" crap. Nobody forced him to retire. If he wanted a super extended vacation, he could have talked to McCarthy.

I guess tromadz is totally against players coming out of retirement to continue playing a game they love and grew up playing. I on the other hand think, if you still can play they game at a high level, then more power to ya. Sometimes you dont know what you got till its gone, and if you can get it back then get dat back.

OP
OP
E

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RedSoxExcel said:

I'm with you on the whole post but T.T. seems to draft value over need. I doubt Rodgers had a lot to do with the Nelson pick -- only because there have been several instances where a "need" pick could have been used but instead some guy we've never heard of was taken because the Packers saw a lot of value. Usually that player turns out to be pretty good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
RedSoxExcel said:

I guess tromadz is totally against players coming out of retirement to continue playing a game they love and grew up playing. I on the other hand think, if you still can play they game at a high level, then more power to ya. Sometimes you dont know what you got till its gone, and if you can get it back then get dat back.

Tromadz is against players unretiring when substantial steps to move on have occured.

- 2 QBs drafted
- Rodgers named starter, getting support from the club\teammates.
- Jersey retirement date set.

but then it's "oh, ya know, I want back in. Ooops!"

But it turns out this is all a rumor so yeah, but don't twist my words around, kid.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
seems like the green bay favres are slowly making a comeback! Interesting times ahead for packforum :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Favre returns... how many seasons do you guys think he'll be back for?
Thats one of the problems........if it's for one year only, will Rodgers want to stick around and sit on the bench for another year?
There are alot of problems all around.
If the Packers are willing to let Favre come back, i for sure would be cheering for him, as i have since he started for us.
If Rodgers is "the man", i'll be cheering for him.
Either way, as long as i'm still on the right side of the grass, i'll be cheering on the Packers.

Members online

Latest posts