Favre Considering Comeback (***July 2nd BREAKING***)

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this thread would be dead by know. Didn't Favre say there was nothing to it?

BTW. Stay retired Brett. You were the greatest but it's Aarons turn.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
Until I hear something from someone who knows what they are talking about, I assume this is just BS.
i couldnt have said it any better myself :!:

We heard it from Brett. He said there was nothing to it. So as far as I'm concerned there is nothing to it.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF he decides to come back the Packers organization better welcome him back with open arms. He is by far the best man for the job. In the entire league that is. He knows the system and proved last season that he still has the skills. If the Packers front office didnt welcome him back they would have a riot on their hands by the fans. I would be right in it too.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ESPN scoop, as I understand it, was from an "unidentified Packer source." The denial was from Favre. I'll give Brett the benefit of the doubt until I see reason to believe otherwise.

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF he decides to come back the Packers organization better welcome him back with open arms. He is by far the best man for the job. In the entire league that is. He knows the system and proved last season that he still has the skills. If the Packers front office didnt welcome him back they would have a riot on their hands by the fans. I would be right in it too.
couldnt agree more.....I'll be there standin beside you...why does aaron deserve a turn? just because he was drafted is hardly a reason. Fact is aaron is unproven. If brett goes to another team and the pack got back to a 4-12 team I wanna hear what the a-rod pushers have to say...so what thoushands of QB's have been drafted and sat the bench to me aaron is no different, until one brett cant play anymore or doesnt want to...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it now.
Favre comes back and starts for GB.
First play of the year.
Favre drops back, gets hit so hard that his torso separates. Done.
Even that wouldn't keep him out of the game. He would just shake it off and continue to play.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
couldnt agree more.....I'll be there standin beside you...why does aaron deserve a turn? just because he was drafted is hardly a reason. Fact is aaron is unproven. If brett goes to another team and the pack got back to a 4-12 team I wanna hear what the a-rod pushers have to say...so what thoushands of QB's have been drafted and sat the bench to me aaron is no different, until one brett cant play anymore or doesnt want to...

dude. hes done. let him go. did you not see his face in the NFC championship game. he really had nothing left to give this franchise. dont be selfish, it will tarnish his image, and the Packer image.

hes done. now go find the next team your gonna cheer for.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:

Because the guy in front of him officially retired.

They might bring up that the 4-12 team you speak of was led by Brett Favre.

now go find the next team your gonna cheer for.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Totally agree with you!! Just like I am sure IMO ALL of Green Bay WI would be backing him.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
PackerFreak said:

Because the guy in front of him officially retired.

They might bring up that the 4-12 team you speak of was led by Brett Favre.

now go find the next team your gonna cheer for.
So you wouldnt welcome him back if he decided he wanted to play again? Thats crazy. I got nothing against Rodgers and I think he would do a decent job, but if I had to choose between the two it would obviously be Brett. We have a better chance at getting to the SB with him then with Rodgers and what elese matters but the Lombardi. If he dosent come back, and I dont think he will, thats all good to me, but I would not turn him away if I were the Packers GM.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:

Maybe because Rodgers has been working his *** off all offseason to bring the team together and be a leader, as well as prepare for the upcoming season? What has Favre been doing again?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey,
we could trade him and get someone.

No. I never want to see Brett in another uniform.

On the other hand...if he comes back isn't he our best QB? Don't we always want our best players playing?

This would be OK, too. If Brett thinks he can still go, then let him come to TC and have an open competition at QB. If Aarod performs better - in the system TT and MM want to run (unlikely, IMO) - then Brett can be that veteran backup we all wanted.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine you've been married for 16 years. Your wife takes great care of you and the kids, and she's still the best looking woman you know.

One day you have a fight and she storms out. A little while later she comes back and admits she was wrong.

And you tell her, "Sorry, babe. I'm kicking you to the curb for a girl I just met on the internet. I just know I'll be better off with her."

Yeah. Right.

Suit up, Brett. What took you so long?

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears that there are a few Favre fans who decided to join the forum only to support Favres comeback. Let's see how long they stick around if the rumors are just that. Rumors.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine you've been married for 16 years. Your wife takes great care of you and the kids, and she's still the best looking woman you know.

One day you have a fight and she storms out. A little while later she comes back and admits she was wrong.

And you tell her, "Sorry, babe. I'm kicking you to the curb for a girl I just met on the internet. I just know I'll be better off with her."

Yeah. Right.

How old is this new girl? Does she show a lot of promise? Has she been waiting patiently and supporting every decision I have made up till this point? Have I been training her to take my wifes place for 3 years? Did my wife say it's over and I'm leaving?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It appears that there are a few Favre fans who decided to join the forum only to support Favres comeback. Let's see how long they stick around if the rumors are just that. Rumors.

We both know how that will go.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah. Right.

Not even close on the comparison. Fav-re and the Packers didn't have some big fight whether either side was wrong. He retired after a long career.

How much do you think Rodgers is starting to despise Fav-re by now? Not only did he get drafted into one of only three of four teams in which he had no chance at competing for a starting spot, but now after three years of sitting on the bench he finally gets his shot, only to be completely undermined by a little as a stupid internet rumor.

I almost feel bad for Rodgers. I actually think he will be a decent QB. But I think his time in Green Bay will be short. No matter what he does, there is no way he will be able to escape this smothering shadow that a lot of Green Bay fans cast over him.

Of course, as a Vikings fan, I love it every time a new rumor throws gas on the fire. I can just imaging the boo birds who will come out on September 8th when Rodgers throws his first INT of 2008. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd boos him when he is announced.

Reaction score

Um if Brett says he wants back, the personnel staff of the Packers better do what is best for the long term interests of the Packers: tell Brett to stay retired.

This team has invested time and money into Aaron, and now it's time to let him lead the Packers.

Didn't Brett say he didn't want to put the time in on Monday's to Friday's anymore? So all of a sudden that's changed? No one questioned Brett's talent, talent wise he can still compete at a high level into his early 40s.

But you have to question his commitment when only a couple of months ago Brett said he didn't really have fun last season because he was so immersed in scouting and preparing for games. That's why he retired, because he didn't want to meet the preparation demands for Sundays.

Do the right thing for the long term success of the Packers and stay retired Brett.

As a matter of fact file your retirement papers ASAP.

Reaction score
And Aaron deserves so much better than this BS he is getting now.

Damn it Brett, let Aaron finally have his time in the light now. Rodgers has been persisted with "what if Brett comes back" questions all through out the off-season, so Brett do the right thing and be the bigger man, make it crystal clear you are retired, and this is Aaron's team.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the good of the team:

Long term - Aaron Rodgers.
Short term - Brett Favre.

The question is simple: Which one gives us the best change to bring home another Lombardi Trophy this year?

If Brett comes back, I'll feel a little sorry for Rodgers, but I wouldn't let my sympathy for him guide the direction of the team or change its ultimate goal.

DGB454, I hope you weren't referring to me with your first post. As to your second, maybe my metaphor wasn't the best I could have come up with. But I think my point is valid - what makes everyone so sure the grass is going to be greener over there?

I Brett wants back in, I'll welcome him - as would any of you. But... I'd want there to be an open competition at QB. If Brett is better than Rodgers in the system that MM wants to run, then so be it. If not, Brett can stick around and be that veteran backup we all wanted a few weeks ago.

And FWIW... I would never want to see Brett playing for another team, regardless of what we might get in trade.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The question is simple: Which one gives us the best change to bring home another Lombardi Trophy this year?

If Brett comes back, I'll feel a little sorry for Rodgers, but I wouldn't let my sympathy for him guide the direction of the team or change its ultimate goal.

DGB454, I hope you weren't referring to me with your first post. As to your second, maybe my metaphor wasn't the best I could have come up with. But I think my point is valid - what makes everyone so sure the grass is going to be greener over there?

I Brett wants back in, I'll welcome him - as would any of you. But... I'd want there to be an open competition at QB. If Brett is better than Rodgers in the system that MM wants to run, then so be it. If not, Brett can stick around and be that veteran backup we all wanted a few weeks ago.

If Brett comes back there is no way in hell that a) he would be content with being a backup, or b) that the fan base would be content with him being a back-up - regardless of how Rodgers is playing.

If Fav-re came back, then it would mean that Rodgers would be out. There is no way that he would (or should) put up with being treated like a weekend mistress.

God, I hope he comes back. Can you image the dysfunction in the locker room? The Pack would be well on their way to a sub .500 season...

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

Yeah. Right.

Not even close on the comparison. Fav-re and the Packers didn't have some big fight whether either side was wrong. He retired after a long career.

How much do you think Rodgers is starting to despise Fav-re by now? Not only did he get drafted into one of only three of four teams in which he had no chance at competing for a starting spot, but now after three years of sitting on the bench he finally gets his shot, only to be completely undermined by a little as a stupid internet rumor.

I almost feel bad for Rodgers. I actually think he will be a decent QB. But I think his time in Green Bay will be short. No matter what he does, there is no way he will be able to escape this smothering shadow that a lot of Green Bay fans cast over him.

Of course, as a Vikings fan, I love it every time a new rumor throws gas on the fire. I can just imaging the boo birds who will come out on September 8th when Rodgers throws his first INT of 2008. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd boos him when he is announced.

Kind of assuming things, aren't you? I don't think Rodgers will throw a pick on Sept. 8. I do think he'll go for about 3 TD's though...that is if Favre isn't throwing for 3-4 TD's instead. :twisted:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And FWIW... I would never want to see Brett playing for another team, regardless of what we might get in trade.

how is it better for us in the short term, if it almost certainly dooms us for the long term. and i know Brett Favre is the better QB. but he is 38 and doesn't wanna put the effort into and dedication into the weekly stuff. Not to mention he clearly didn't wanna be on that field in the NFC championship game. If the QB doesn't wanna be on the field in the NFC championship game, I dont see how that gets us closer to the Super Bowl.

prolonging the madness only makes this worse. Lets let him go and just remember him for the greatness.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since69 said:

how is it better for us in the short term, if it almost certainly dooms us for the long term. and i know Brett Favre is the better QB. but he is 38 and doesn't wanna put the effort into and dedication into the weekly stuff. Not to mention he clearly didn't wanna be on that field in the NFC championship game. If the QB doesn't wanna be on the field in the NFC championship game, I dont see how that gets us closer to the Super Bowl.

prolonging the madness only makes this worse. Lets let him go and just remember him for the greatness.

Just b/c he didn't put on the best display during the NFC Championship game doesn't equate him not wanting to be on the field. If you really think he didn't want to be out there, you're nuts. It was cold and he looked cold...I'd bet he'd go out there tomorrow in worse conditions for another shot at going to the SB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts