Favre can win us the superbowl

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre did answer some questions when he stayed within the gameplan when falling behind 14-zip... we have seen implosions before when we have gotten down early in big game. See Nov 29th.

With that said however, I would rather have no other QB leading my team... None. Warts an all, I will take #4.

Stop spreading myths, 93...

That was the "gameplan" in Dallas and you know it.

McCarthy even admitted it after the game!

(Plus, Favre was in the game for what...one quarter? But I guess he should get "blamed" for the other 3 qtrs and the lousy play of the defense to some people's way of thinking)

I guess Favre never started out slow, and then came back to play gangbusters this year either in a game, right?

Oh wait, he's done that all year...so yeah, he has...

:wink:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Gameplan or not.. if a guy is doubled and the check down is running across the field wide open, you check down and try to hit the homerun later.

I am as big a Favre fan as can be... but he is the ultimate competitor and thinks he can make every throw, sometimes it gets him in trouble. Favre has been doing it all year and again would want no other QB on the team. Not a single one.

Favre has started slow and came back to play super, but I was glad to see him taking what was there and having fun instead of pressing.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gameplan or not.. if a guy is doubled and the check down is running across the field wide open, you check down and try to hit the homerun later.

I am as big a Favre fan as can be... but he is the ultimate competitor and thinks he can make every throw, sometimes it gets him in trouble. Favre has been doing it all year and again would want no other QB on the team. Not a single one.

Favre has started slow and came back to play super, but I was glad to see him taking what was there and having fun instead of pressing.

He wasn't pressing.

The offensive line wasn't BLOCKING...(especially Colledge, that game)

He was trying to throw the deep one and a blitzing defender got in his face changing the mechanics of this throwing motion....

It's called Dallas's D "outperforming" the O-Line....

It's also called, "getting beat on the play"....

It happens, sometimes, in football....

(It has nothing to do with "decision making", or "pressing", or any of that other made up, BS....)

Pack93z

Reaction score
It's called Dallas's D "outperforming" the O-Line....

It's also called, "getting beat"....

It happens, sometimes, in football....

Don't worry, I am not pointing to Favre and hanging that loss on him.. it was a collective team effort.. however we were gamers and kept playing the game.. if Favre could have played past the 1st quarter I am sure it would have been the same.

Interesting.. I live by a certain rule for all people.. if you can find fault in one an voice an opinion then all people are fair game. So just as I see flaws at times in Ted's moves, I also see flaws sometimes in Brett's play. At imes my view is found incorrect in all accounts.. it is the beauty of an opinion.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as analytical as many forum posters tend to be, all im going to add to this thread is a single worthy line:
hes 38 years old and contemplating retirement, hes also packer history in the making, whatever the outcome: enjoy it because players like him come around once in a blue moon and then its gone in a heartbeat.

Pack93z

Reaction score
hes 38 years old and contemplating retirement, hes also packer history in the making, whatever the outcome: enjoy it because players like him come around once in a blue moon and then its gone in a heartbeat.

Amen and I am enjoying every second of the ride to the hilt.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:

aint that the truth!
:pop:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mateus said:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Let's not forget the O-line, they were (to use Brett's word) outstanding, giving Brett time to throw, and opening running lanes.

If the O-line continues to play at the high level they played today, and same with Brett, this team will be very difficult to beat.

I'd give credit to the OL too. All this year, I've been ******* that bunch, but they played well against a top tier DL and that made me very happy.

I saw holes everywhere. Grant was hitting linebackers and safeties as the first person of contact instead of DL all day.

Great job OL! :cool:

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Let's not forget the O-line, they were (to use Brett's word) outstanding, giving Brett time to throw, and opening running lanes.

If the O-line continues to play at the high level they played today, and same with Brett, this team will be very difficult to beat.

I'd give credit to the OL too. All this year, I've been ******* that bunch, but they played well against a top tier DL and that made me very happy.

I saw holes everywhere. Grant was hitting linebackers and safeties as the first person of contact instead of DL all day.

Great job OL! :cool:

For the first time this year it looked like they are starting to understand the ZBS

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard MM pulled Favre aside to tell him even if he knows he's coming back just keep it quit till the playoffs are over. It's been nice not to have that distraction

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I am an Aaron Rodgers supporter over Brett Favre

I hate Tom Brady and the Patriots much more than I do pushing Rodgers
over Favre

and QUITE HONESTLY...

I would MUCH rather SUPPORT Brett Favre to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots
more than anything in football.

I think of all the NFC teams..the packers are the ONLY team that has a chance of beating the Patriots.

The Patriots are the evil empire of the NFL and Brett Favre is the guy w/the force. He's the only QB in the NFC w/that "magic" (yes..I'm admitting he still has some of it)...that actually can scare a team like the Patriots.

We have 4 wide receiving threats...a legit running back...
on defense a true 8 man rotation..that will give the stout Patriots O-line some fresh bodies to defend...

And Charles Woodson and Al Harris can BOTH stay w/Randy Moss, Welker, and or Donte Stallworth

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

over Favre

and QUITE HONESTLY...

I think of all the NFC teams..the packers are the ONLY team that has a chance of beating the Patriots.

The Patriots are the evil empire of the NFL and Brett Favre is the guy w/the force. He's the only QB in the NFC w/that "magic" (yes..I'm admitting he still has some of it)...that actually can scare a team like the Patriots.

on defense a true 8 man rotation..that will give the stout Patriots O-line some fresh bodies to defend...

And Charles Woodson and Al Harris can BOTH stay w/Randy Moss, Welker, and or Donte Stallworth

Is it possible for you to make a post that does not reference Aaron Rodgers? I looked up all your posts and like 90% of them are threads about Rodgers or your posts inserting your "Aaron Rodgers needs his chance", "Favre is done", "bench Favre and put in Rodgers" comments. Let it die man, just like Rodgers career is dying. Let it go..

Jesus, when did we start letting players moms and dads to post on the forum?

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

over Favre

and QUITE HONESTLY...

Is it possible for you to make a post that does not reference Aaron Rodgers? I looked up all your posts and like 90% of them are threads about Rodgers or your posts inserting your "Aaron Rodgers needs his chance", "Favre is done", "bench Favre and put in Rodgers" comments. Let it die man, just like Rodgers career is dying. Let it go..

Didn't know there was a quota...thought there was something called "freedom of speech".

And since you didn't get past what you couldn't get past...I was actually COMPLIMENTING FAVRE...

You heard it. COMPLIMENTING FAVRE

BRETT FAVRE GIVES THE PACKERS THE BEST CHANCE TO WIN...

BRETT FAVRE IS THE ONLY QB THAT SCARES THE PATS.

I think my quota went down to 89% now.

Didn't mention it even once!

But seriously..back to the topic.

Brett..really does have the best chance to beat them
w/our 4 receivers, Ryan Grant and our defense...

I'm really rooting for them to unseat stupid Tom Brady

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems negative. I'll flip out on all yall. WE ARE IN THE NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! THIS IS INCREDIBLE! I COULD CRY

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

over Favre

and QUITE HONESTLY...

Chill out man, he is entitled to his own opinion, and because he is a Cal fan (I'm assuming) he is an Aaron Rodgers Supporter (as I am an Abdul Hodge and Chad Greenway Supporter) I am also an Aaron Rodger supporter (not over Favre however) I think he does deserve a chance. Brett Favre cn play as long as he wants and if Rodgers is still around I say let him play. For now Brett is the man and we have a great chance for the superbowl.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:

over Favre

and QUITE HONESTLY...

I think my quota went down to 89% now.

Didn't mention it even once!

Thats funny. Its funny because its true :)

Honestly, are you related to Rodgers or a good friend? I'm not trying to be rude here so if it comes off that way, i'm not. It just seems weird that most of your posts are about Rodgers.

Go Pack!!

P.S. the comment about Rodgers career was meant as a joke. I like Rodgers very much and am very happy to have him here to take over when Favre leaves.

Members online

Latest posts