Favre Believes Young Linemen Will Learn, Improve

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
porky88 said:
Bates is currently unemployed.

Which is a surprise to me.

I honestly think if TT would have done something to mend fences, Bates might be back in here. That would have been awsome IMO.

Maybe the Pack will go 2-14 and Thompson will then see an obvious mistake with McCarthy (like Wolf did with Rhodes) and fire him and then hire Jim Bates. Just a theory.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
porky88 said:

I honestly think if TT would have done something to mend fences, Bates might be back in here. That would have been awsome IMO.

Maybe the Pack will go 2-14 and Thompson will then see an obvious mistake with McCarthy (like Wolf did with Rhodes) and fire him and then hire Jim Bates. Just a theory.

If he follows this up with stepping down I would be a happy camper

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
porky88 said:

Who do you want to take his place?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
porky88 said:

Me of Course

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Zero2Cool said:
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
[quote="porky88":5vfo03qy]Bates is currently unemployed.

Me of Course[/quote:5vfo03qy]

You wouldn't escape Wisconsin with your nuts or a severence check! But hey man, it's a free country. LOL

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not a hard job. If you win games you are crappy. If you lose, people make excuses for you. Not real hard.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
It's not a hard job. If you win games you are crappy. If you lose, people make excuses for you. Not real hard.

I'm sorry-were people making excuses for sherman's losing season? I thought you were Pro-MS, Pyle.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:

I'm sorry-were people making excuses for sherman's losing season? I thought you were Pro-MS, Pyle.

No, but you and others sure do for his winning ones. It's hypocritical, and really shows a lack of objectivity.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
I'm sure De and Pyle would welcome back the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.

See....this is my biggest problem with the Sherman bashers. It always has to get personal, because you really can't bash his record when you compare it to other coaches in the NFL.

I'm not picking on Dakota but he was just the latest to do it. "Sherman is a fata$$". I give you Andy Reid and Bill Parcells. "Sherman has no personality". I give you Tom Landry, Chuck Noll and Bud Grant.

Ridiculous.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:

See....this is my biggest problem with the Sherman bashers. It always has to get personal, because you really can't bash his record when you compare it to other coaches in the NFL.

I'm not picking on Dakota but he was just the latest to do it. "Sherman is a fata$$". I give you Andy Reid and Bill Parcells. "Sherman has no personality". I give you Tom Landry, Chuck Noll and Bud Grant.

Ridiculous.
De, if I call you a stay puff marshmallow man, it's personal. When I call Sherman that, it is a reflection of his body mass and demeanor.

When you and Pyle refer to people either directly or indirectly as idiots, that's personal, rude, and condesending. It is also against forum rules.

None of us TT nuttlicker's as you referred to us yesterday can help the fact that some of you take a shot on Sherman extremely personally. Sherman is fair game as is TT, McCarthey and all the players. Learn how to separate the two.

As always De, its' all good, but some posters might not like personal attacks.

There is a difference, think about it.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you can bash shermans record of decline, the overall weakness of the north division during his reign, his GM decisions, and finally his 4-12 statement of futility.

i dont know if you guys know this, but sherman coaches elsewhere now and hes not coming back. however i dont think any of us would be opposed to you guys joining him in Houston, because you obviously loathe this team.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
DakotaT said:

Ridiculous.

How about this then.

Sherman choked in big games. Made horrible decisions at crunch time during those big games.

Sherman was way too conservative with a lead. Sherman had a horrible playoff record, and horrible record at Lambeau.

Sherman didn't listen to the coaches on the team.

Sherman depended way too much on Rossley when running the offense.

...and he had a fat ***!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:

No, but you and others sure do for his winning ones. It's hypocritical, and really shows a lack of objectivity.
Pyle, when have I ever made an excuse for Sherm's winning seasons? Point it out, and I'll apologize. My problem with Sherm was that we got embarassed in the playoffs every year. He was just dandy in the regular season, but I want championships-my opinion is that he as a GM went for broke and lost on some guys. He left us in a horrible cap situation. That's all I've said- don't call me out on things I never said.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="pack_in_black":ppqmsr0m]
pyledriver80 said:

Pyle, when have I ever made an excuse for Sherm's winning seasons? Point it out, and I'll apologize. My problem with Sherm was that we got embarassed in the playoffs every year. He was just dandy in the regular season, but I want championships-my opinion is that he as a GM went for broke and lost on some guys. He left us in a horrible cap situation. That's all I've said- don't call me out on things I never said.[/quote:ppqmsr0m]

Since you are new perhaps I was talking more about these other guys then you. This is how they see everything

Sherman won games - Because of Brett Favre
Sherman won games - Because of a weak Division
Sherman won games - Because of the team handed to him
Sherman won games - Because he had Wahle and Rivera

Sherman lost games - Because he sucks

Objectivity is all I ask for, not blind allegience to one side or the other.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how do you explain his playoff record?

i guess his playoff record was the players fault. so your saying that Sherman gets credit for the wins. and the team gets the blame for the loss. i really do wish i was a head coach and you were the GM. youd buy me all sorts of things to play with and no loss would be my fault.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only call idiots idiots. First of all, I don't get my feelings hurt when you call him names. I'm pointing out that you can't rip his record so you go after him personally. Way to get the point.

Nicnack...or whatever the hell your name is. Sherman's playoff record is 2-4, which is better than Schottenheimers and probably Tony Dungy's, Denny Green's, and I would bet about another dozen current NFL head coaches. Here's a clue.....playoff games are harder to win than regular season games. I realize you probably never thought of that. You are the one giving Favre and other factors as reasons for the regular season wins, yet blaming Sherman for the losses. Yet, if you go back and look at all 4 of those playoff losses, Favre was the main reason for them. I am the biggest Favre fan on this forum but go check out the stats. And yes Sherman is gone. That is the one point you made that makes sense. Why do you Sherman bashers keep bringing him up?

TomAllen.....welcome back [email protected] never really had me fooled!!!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
pack_in_black said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="pack_in_black":dagsz4kb]
pyledriver80 said:

Pyle, when have I ever made an excuse for Sherm's winning seasons? Point it out, and I'll apologize. My problem with Sherm was that we got embarassed in the playoffs every year. He was just dandy in the regular season, but I want championships-my opinion is that he as a GM went for broke and lost on some guys. He left us in a horrible cap situation. That's all I've said- don't call me out on things I never said.

Since you are new perhaps I was talking more about these other guys then you. This is how they see everything

Sherman won games - Because of Brett Favre
Sherman won games - Because of a weak Division
Sherman won games - Because of the team handed to him
Sherman won games - Because he had Wahle and Rivera

Sherman lost games - Because he sucks

Objectivity is all I ask for, not blind allegience to one side or the other.[/quote:dagsz4kb]

Sherman inherited a team that could've won a Super Bowl and in my opinion should of won a Super Bowl. Thompson inherited a team that was going down hill after Brett Favre retires. Now Favre came back and Thompson didn't do the work last off season to give GB a winning chance but Sherman didn't have that great of a coaching year. Both of them deserve some blame. The difference is one is gone and the other is here and it's time to move on and not blame one or the other when both of them did bad last year and they couldn't work well together.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
For the millionth time porkster Brett never LEFT! Next time I have to tell you I'm gonna send so loud its gonna blow up yer speakers! :)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
For the millionth time porkster Brett never LEFT! Next time I have to tell you I'm gonna send so loud its gonna blow up yer speakers! :)

Favre is still in GB???? Wow I could of sworn the GM tied him up, put some duck tape around his mouth, threw him in the closet, locked the door, and threw away the key.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

Favre is still in GB???? Wow I could of sworn the GM tied him up, put some duck tape around his mouth, threw him in the closet, locked the door, and threw away the key.

So. How. Did.
You. Find. Out.
About. Plan. Bee?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

So. How. Did.
You. Find. Out.
About. Plan. Bee?

Since Ted Thompson is purposely trying too run Favre out of town, :roll: I called him up and asked him what his orginal plans were. He wasn't home but he called me back and left a voice mail. :wink:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:

So. How. Did.
You. Find. Out.
About. Plan. Bee?

Since Ted Thompson is purposely trying too run Favre out of town, :roll: I called him up and asked him what his orginal plans were. He wasn't home but he called me back and left a voice mail. :wink:

Sounds similar to what happened to Adam Vinitieri

Members online

Latest posts