Favre bashing

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trommy just cause I may not agree with you I do see what you're saying and accept your reasoning. I got no problem giving Ingle a shot but I don't see why now. He's young and if he's got it his time will come. Sitting on the bench will only help him. I could actually agrre more with your view last year then this year. Sure Brett in the losses has had some bad times but overall I think this is one of his better years in his post MVP era which is still better then most. If I take a look around the NFC I still can't figure more then a few QB's I'd trade for right now. So I figure if we got a QB in the top quarter of the conference why would we debate yet putting in a 3rd stringer.
Also I agree you do never know, looking at guys like BRady, Ben, and Romo but I see one big difference, those guys all got the luck of stepping into a SB contending team. Even if a new QB came in and was lights out this team isn't there YET!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well of course id be saying A-Rod if he "didnt go out and break his foot." so..Ingle.

I guess this season is just a fairwell for favre. dont get me wrong, even though I think another QB is the way to go, i still love favre, and admire him and his starting streak of insanity, and cuz of that a big part of me not only wants to see favre start, but COME BACK next year. Its the ol Packers fan vs. favre fan.

Im just frustrating seeing a HoFer make rookie decisions with bad accuracy.

im a sad panda.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Tromadz had his way.

Trivial Pursuit Question.

Q: Who was the GB Packer QB to end Brett Favre's consecutive streak of 3587 NFL games played only to never play another down in the NFL?

A: Ingle Martin (Furman)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
all about da packers said:
Easy abztract, Heather has every right to decide what post she thinks is good/great, and I'm sure "praising Brett" isn't the sole criteria. :)

Sorry I meant to say thanks to all about da packers IMO hes right it isnt the sole criteria..

Excellent post Heathie!

I'm gonna give it 3 cheers!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :jumpsmile:

Thanks and I am going to give it four cheers!! :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
charlesplaisted said:
Suffice it to say that with this Packer team, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady wouldn't be doing any better.

Does that seem to make it easier for anyone to understand?

Thats your opinion. I like how you pass it off as fact though. thats cute.

and by cute I mean ignorant.

Noone on this board is ignorant, everyone has their own viewpoints, I just dont get how you can even think of Favre as the sole player on this team, any QB can look good if the players around him are playing well. IMO I agree with Charles here I just dont get where you guys are coming from, and I am NOT ignorant. I look at teams as teams not just one person. Favre had two mistakes in this past game, and the one ball IMO should have been caught the timing was off from the reciever and you could see Favre telling him that. NOw I will give you guys the one interception, but again that is Favre trying to make something happen. Is he a bad player cause of this? Nope he is not, I hope this game everyone plays well and we win, then maybe you guys willl lay off of FAvre for awhile. I dont think Favre is "god", but we are all human to make mistakes like every other QB in this league. Just because Favre is getting older some think he should be replaced, IMO I for one dont think that, when Favre is winning then everything is okay on this board, but when hes loosing then they pick him apart. I for one hope he plays another 5 years if he thinks he can play, if he didnt think he could play he wouldnt come back, he does things and makes decisions for the good of the team...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you calling your opinion fact makes you twice as ignorant.

brady and peyton = a lot more accurate than brett is these days, and arent gunslingers who act first, think second.

Brady and Peyton have recievers that catch the ball and get open that is the difference. I am not saying Brady and Peyton are not good QB's, they are great QB's but again their teams are good to, we dont have a good team right now, we have a young team and they will only get better over time...

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up WPF. Great to see you back for a bit. Great link which proved what I was saying, in the NFC who else would really be better. I'm sure your presence will lead us to victory today

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

brady and peyton = a lot more accurate than brett is these days, and arent gunslingers who act first, think second.

Brady and Peyton have recievers that catch the ball and get open that is the difference. I am not saying Brady and Peyton are not good QB's, they are great QB's but again their teams are good to, we dont have a good team right now, we have a young team and they will only get better over time...

Brady really doesn't have any good receivers. He has some mediocre ones and a good TE but that's about it. Troy Brown is the only one to go over 1000 yards before and he did that a while back now. Doug Gabriel isn't special and neither is Reche Caldwell. Chad Jackson is no better than Greg Jennings. In fact I'd take Driver and Jennings over all of them.

New England probably has the same amount of talent or similar talent on offense to GB. Brady is just in his prime and the coaching is light years better than McCarthy.

Brady and Manning are in their primes. They are the two best QB’s in the game today. They would be good anywhere’s. They’re that good. When Favre was in his prime he could have been put on the Bengals and they would have been a contender. That’s the level he played at. That’s the level Brady and Manning are at right now. Praise Steve Young for putting Favre in the top 5 of his top QB’s but don’t forget who his top 2 were. There is no argument. Save the debate for who is greater in their prime. Not who is better now because at 38 it’s not really fair to expect Favre to throw for 40 touchdowns in a season.

Favre is a great QB. He's just not an MVP no more. He's 38 years old and his talent is slowly fading. His arm is still there but he's accuracy and his mistakes are slowly getting worse. Favre is going to make his fair share of mistakes. He made mistakes against Seattle. People can't overreact though. They need to realize that Favre is still the best QB on this team and still a top 10 QB in the NFL when on and yes Favre can still win a SB on the right team Chicago or Baltimore to be exact. Everything works both ways though as Favre fans can't overreact to people who criticize Favre when he makes a mistake. He's still capable of playing at a high level and Favre is better than some of the throws he makes and most know that.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
tromadz said:

Brady really doesn't have any good receivers. He has some mediocre ones and a good TE but that's about it. Troy Brown is the only one to go over 1000 yards before and he did that a while back now. Doug Gabriel isn't special and neither is Reche Caldwell. Chad Jackson is no better than Greg Jennings. In fact I'd take Driver and Jennings over all of them.

New England probably has the same amount of talent or similar talent on offense to GB. Brady is just in his prime and the coaching is light years better than McCarthy.

Brady and Manning are in their primes. They are the two best QB’s in the game today. They would be good anywhere’s. They’re that good. When Favre was in his prime he could have been put on the Bengals and they would have been a contender. That’s the level he played at. That’s the level Brady and Manning are at right now. Praise Steve Young for putting Favre in the top 5 of his top QB’s but don’t forget who his top 2 were. There is no argument. Save the debate for who is greater in their prime. Not who is better now because at 38 it’s not really fair to expect Favre to throw for 40 touchdowns in a season.

Favre is a great QB. He's just not an MVP no more. He's 38 years old and his talent is slowly fading. His arm is still there but he's accuracy and his mistakes are slowly getting worse. Favre is going to make his fair share of mistakes. He made mistakes against Seattle. People can't overreact though. They need to realize that Favre is still the best QB on this team and still a top 10 QB in the NFL when on and yes Favre can still win a SB on the right team Chicago or Baltimore to be exact. Everything works both ways though as Favre fans can't overreact to people who criticize Favre when he makes a mistake. He's still capable of playing at a high level and Favre is better than some of the throws he makes and most know that.

What no one seems to get is that Brady has got everything else around him that makes him better that Favre doesn't have with the Packers.

He has a good Defense, a good O-Line, good running game, good coaches, AND good WR's. And with all of this it took him some time to work in his WR's because when Branch left, he had to develop his timing with all of the new WR's.

It takes alot of other things to make the passing game work. And timing is not the least important thing. It seems to me that the Pack can't get in a rhythym on offense, and that is why they seem so pathetic.

Is it lack of imagination in offensive playing? Lack of personal? Youth?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

This is what you must keep in mind when judging Brett Favre and comparing him to these other QB's. The QB position is dependent upon the entire offense doing well and doing it's job.

And so far, that has happened few and far between this year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
tromadz said:

What no one seems to get is that Brady has got everything else around him that makes better that Favre doesn't have with the Packers.

He has a good Defense, a good O-Line, good running game, good coaches, AND good WR's. And with all of this it took him some time to work in his WR's because when Branch left, he had to develop his timing with all of the new WR's.

It takes alot of other things to make the passing game work. And timing is not the least important thing. It seems to me that the Pack can't get in a rhythym on offense, and that is why they seem so pathetic.

Is it lack of imagination on offensive playing? Lack of personal? Youth?

Yes, Yes, and Yes.

This is what you must keep in mind when judging Brett Favre and comparing him to these other QB's. The QB position is dependent upon the entire offense doing well and doing it's job.

And so far, that has happened few and far between this year.

Brady has a good offensive line. Green Bay actually had given up fewer sacks then New England half way through the season. The last 3 games it's fallen completely apart.

No matter how much people want to defend Favre he's not as good as Brady or Manning is now. The receivers New England have are below average. Brady is in his prime and is a 3 time Super Bowl winner. He's one of the best in the game. Favre was at that level. Save your breathe 10 years from now when the debate is who is the greatest ever. In the year 2006 Brady will get the edge over Favre. Over the course of their careers then Favre quite possibly could be better. I'm not really sure. I think I'd take Favre over everyone but Montana and Elway. Brady, Manning, and Marino would probably be the next 3. None the less right now Brady and Manning are in their prime and Favre is not.

It's like saying you'd take Marino or Elway over Favre in 1996. You just wouldn't. Over the course of their careers an arguement can be made.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not really making that argument Porky.

What I'm saying is that Favre isn't nealy as bad as some people here think.

It's the Packer team around him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does the team have to do with HIS arm accuracy? and HIS decisions?

I love favre...but jesus christ man...

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England probably has the same amount of talent or similar talent on offense to GB.

Hahahaha

And its not even April fools day.

Not one of our offensive lineman could start on the Patriots. This isnt a video game, if you dont have offensive lineman, you dont have offense.

Bubbbbaaa would have been put out to pasture if he was on the Patriots. Did you see how slow he looked on that handoff from Favre early in the game. Ive never seen a slower tight end. For god sakes, i'd rather have Mike Vrabel as a tight end.

Jennings = Slow, short, rookie starter Jackson is a burner who is a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Maroney & Dillon > Green

So, what part of our offense was the same talent or similar talent?

Man, stay off the drugs. Just say no.

Montana/Elway/Young/Manning would have the same record with this weak team.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know which one is funnier...

Jennings = Slow

Since when is Jennings slow?

or

LOL. Right. We'd do better with Matt Schaub or just about anyone else who isn't a gunslinger(with bad accuracy)

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know which one is funnier...

flapackfan said:
Jennings = Slow

Since when is Jennings slow?

or

LOL. Right. We'd do better with Matt Schaub or just about anyone else who isn't a gunslinger(with bad accuracy)

Ok, Jennings is faster than me. But he is not a tall, fast NFL wide receiver. Not even close.

And as far as the other qb's, i'll give you Steve Young would make this team better because of his amazing scrambling abilities.

Matt Schaub huh. You must be Aaron Rodgers Trom. Here is a glimpse of what life will be like after Favre.

2-14
2-14
3-13
5-11 (TT and MM get fired) gives us a boost
3-13

Hopefully we can get a GM who knows how to draft and coaches who know how to coach. Because were gonna have a boat load of top 5 draft picks in the next 10 years.

Reaction score
ENOUGH.

Quit the "You must be Aaron Rodgers non-sense", and the 'I don't know which one is funnier" stuff.

I am not coming on here to read underhanded slaps at each other between members, if you don't like the other poster, USE THE ****ING IGNORE BUTTON.

Quit it.

flapackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
ENOUGH.

Quit the "You must be Aaron Rodgers non-sense", and the 'I don't know which one is funnier" stuff.

I am not coming on here to read underhanded slaps at each other between members, if you don't like the other poster, USE THE ****ING IGNORE BUTTON.

Quit it.

Thanks for the advice.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

May I ask what's so amusing?

And its not even April fools day.

It's December 3rd

Not one of our offensive lineman could start on the Patriots. This isnt a video game, if you dont have offensive lineman, you dont have offense.

Didn't say a thing about the offensive line being better. Just said half way through the year they give up less sacks than New England's. It's a fact. They have trouble run blocking and have fallen apart since then and I mention that as well.

Bubbbbaaa would have been put out to pasture if he was on the Patriots. Did you see how slow he looked on that handoff from Favre early in the game. Ive never seen a slower tight end. For god sakes, i'd rather have Mike Vrabel as a tight end.

Never mentioned Bubba. New England has better TE's.

Jennings = Slow, short, rookie starter Jackson is a burner who is a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Jennings is better than every receiver on New England's roster. His numbers show it and he's missed time as well. Jackson has awful hands and did in college as well. He also doesn't run better routes than Jennings.

Driver is better than every receiver on New England's roster as well. Puts up better numbers as well and has better hands as well.

Maroney & Dillon > Green

I would say it's close. 1-2 punch beats Green but Green is probably a better runner than Dillon but not as good near the goal line. Maroney has been inconsistent this year. In terms of talent all 3 are about the same.

So, what part of our offense was the same talent or similar talent?

I just explained.

Man, stay off the drugs. Just say no.

Who is on the Drugs? Your the one saying that to a mod.....

In their primes no. This team would be better with all 4 in their primes than Favre RIGHT NOW. If Favre was in his prime this team would be better as well. Right now as of this season Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are better Quarterbacks. The numbers show. The film says it all.

So like the other guy save your breathe for the greatest QB Debate but Favre is not in his prime no more and isn't as good as either Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. In his prime yes and he may of been better. Right now. Absolutely not. You pretty much proved my point as of people overreacting to anyone who criticizes Favre.

Also if your going to debate me or anyone else. Be mature about it.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is interesting.

So you're saying the Pack is as good, or should be as good, or has as much talent as New England, Porky?

I'm sorry, but I find that extremely hard to believe.

Next you'll be saying their coaching talent and ability is similar too. That's really interesting.

I say, put Favre on that team and he will do as well as Brady.

Some people just can't seem to admit it when their team is bad and they seem to want to pin it on one player.

Why is that?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is interesting.

So you're saying the Pack is as good, or should be as good, or has as much talent as New England, Porky?

I'm sorry, but I find that extremely hard to believe.

Next you'll be saying their coaching talent and ability is similar too. That's really interesting.

I say, put Favre on that team and he will do as well as Brady.

Some people just can't seem to admit it when their team is bad and they seem to want to pin it on one player.

Why is that?

1st off I said the difference between the offense is Brady, the o-line, and Belichick.

2nd I said nothing about the Defense. Offensively GB's skill players are similar to New England's. Defensive wise New England is light years ahead of the Pack. Special Teams as well.

Again overreacting to what I said about Favre. I say he's not as good as Brady and it's taking as an insult to Favre.

Members online

Latest posts