Favre asks about being coach

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this one line interesting, and since this place is a zoo lately, I feel it deserves its own thread.

linky-poo:

When asked whether that role might be as a backup or coach, Thompson said: "not a coach."

Added McCarthy: "He did ask about that, though."

------------------------------------------------------------------

He asked about being a coach? That's...confusing to me. Does he want to play or not? Brett seems very ****** to me lately with these reports\timelines I'm reading. He retires, wants to play, doesnt wanna play, wants to play, wants to coach?

There's only one way to respond to this, and that's pulling your hair out.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I hope it works out for both parties(I still love brett and would make babies with him, don't get it twisted) but Favre should have retired with grace.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember that from the transcripts as well. Interesting. I also remember Thompson referring to the situation as "volatile." That sounds too Terrell Owens-ish for this neck of the woods.

But you're right, trom -- you've perfectly categorized the Favre-love/frustration. I still love the guy and would take on a flesh eating virus just to make him smile but this is frustrating and confusing as hell. I'm mad and frustrated and sad ... and equally confused.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I'm going away from all Packer stuff for a few days. Hopefully things will calm down and this will start to make a little sense.

I'm just really frustrated about what a mess this is turning into for both parties.

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm outta here for a few days too. Maybe I'll go hang out on the Raiders forum to remind myself that it could always be worse.

NFL_GEEK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this one line interesting, and since this place is a zoo lately, I feel it deserves its own thread.

linky-poo:

When asked whether that role might be as a backup or coach, Thompson said: "not a coach."

Added McCarthy: "He did ask about that, though."

------------------------------------------------------------------

He asked about being a coach? That's...confusing to me. Does he want to play or not? Brett seems very ****** to me lately with these reports\timelines I'm reading. He retires, wants to play, doesnt wanna play, wants to play, wants to coach?

There's only one way to respond to this, and that's pulling your hair out.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I hope it works out for both parties(I still love brett and would make babies with him, don't get it twisted) but Favre should have retired with grace.

this was a little weird when i heard it on espn today....

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, it's not weird at all. Mentoring Rodgers through the first year would be great.

Why did Brett say he was tired? From all the work Tuesday through Saturday. He wouldn't nearly have to do as much work as the starting QB, just teaching Rodgers what to look for. I would be all for Favre being an assistant.

EDIT: I don't think it about playing or not Trom, he just wants to be part of the team on Sunday.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know, I agree with gopackgo this way Favre is part of the team and can Mentor the Young quarterbacks that Green Bay Has.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK... I guess trying to stay away for a few days didn't work out so well. Greenbay is on every sports channel I get. It's even on the local news and I'm in Michigan.

So here goes...If Brett really didi ask to be a coach then saying no was the right response. He is a better player than he would be a coach IMO.
There is only one place he could possibly help the team and that's at the QB position. If the orginization want's to move on then so be it. We will end up playing against Brett during the season and it won't be pretty for the Packers no matter who wins. I just hope we and the Packers are ready for that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts