Favre asked to be released

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly what the 49ers did to Joe Montana.
He was NOT welcomed back..when he wanted to come back and start.

It sounded like MADNESS to everyone. You will replace a FOUR TIME
Superbowl QB w/a left handed impatient hothead QB who hasn't won anything?

So your anger is warranted and it's perfectly natural.
Great athletes and great franchises part ways sometimes.
It's the natural order of things. They agree to disagree.

Put it to you this way. If the 49ers had STUCK w/Joe Montana(who was also around 38 at the time) and let Steve Young sit 2 more years...
that would've set Steve Young back too much...

The powers that be knew they HAD to change..even though Joe was clearly better than Steve at that point. It was too devisive to have them together
anymore(teammates would clash)..and they went for the younger option.

And you guys who call Ted Thompson a back stabber etc..
If Ted was a backstabber, he would've NEVER welcomed Brett back when he first took the GM job. Ted Thompson worked with Brett for 3 years and they had success. WHen Brett "retired" Ted and McCarthy had to move on for the LONG TERM welfare of the packers.

And for perspective. BILL WALSH the man who DRAFTED Joe Montana
had to tell Joe Montana that he was no longer wanted in San Francisco
because they were moving on w/Steve Young. If you think Thompson was a backstabber then Walsh was the ultimate.

Good GMs see the writing on the wall and make the tough decisions
maybe a year or two earlier than the athlete might like. That's where great players and organizations agree to disagree again.

Brett did what was best for Brett. TT and MM made what they felt was was best LONG TERM for the packers.

Just wish Favre farewell and wish the packers organization good luck too.
It's NEVER gonna be pretty.
It is what it is.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's why it's all you know.

And for everyone else. This is exactly what the 49ers did to Joe Montana.
He was NOT welcomed back..when he wanted to come back and start.

It sounded like MADNESS to everyone. You will replace a FOUR TIME
Superbowl QB w/a left handed impatient hothead QB who hasn't won anything?

So your anger is warranted and it's perfectly natural.
Great athletes and great franchises part ways sometimes.
It's the natural order of things. They agree to disagree.

Put it to you this way. If the 49ers had STUCK w/Joe Montana(who was also around 38 at the time) and let Steve Young sit 2 more years...
that would've set Steve Young back too much...

The powers that be knew they HAD to change..even though Joe was clearly better than Steve at that point. It was too devisive to have them together
anymore(teammates would clash)..and they went for the younger option.

And you guys who call Ted Thompson a back stabber etc..
If Ted was a backstabber, he would've NEVER welcomed Brett back when he first took the GM job. Ted Thompson worked with Brett for 3 years and they had success. WHen Brett "retired" Ted and McCarthy had to move on for the LONG TERM welfare of the packers.

And for perspective. BILL WALSH the man who DRAFTED Joe Montana
had to tell Joe Montana that he was no longer wanted in San Francisco
because they were moving on w/Steve Young. If you think Thompson was a backstabber then Walsh was the ultimate.

maybe a year or two earlier than the athlete might like. That's where great players and organizations agree to disagree again.

Brett did what was best for Brett. TT and MM made what they felt was was best LONG TERM for the packers.

Just wish Favre farewell and wish the packers organization good luck too.
It's NEVER gonna be pretty.
It is what it is.

Good post.

The long term future of the Packers lies with the most promising young QB in the league right now. AR. Brett may give us a chance this year (MAY) but AR may give us a chance for much longer. Farewell to Brett and welcome to Aaron.

Twice is nice.

Chunk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: COME ON MURPHY!!!

You may not agree with how Brett deals with the retiring issues over the yrs,but he is the man in Green bay.

If Mark Murphy wants to show what he is made of,he would straiten Ted Thompson out or fire him on the spot!!! He always has Ron Wolf to help out until we can get a new GM.Thompsons ego and ajenda is getting in the way of what the Green bay Packers are made of.Mike McCarthy also needs to stand up and defend Brett!!! The hell with Aaron Rogers!! He hasnt shown a thing.Put Farve up against him and lets see who comes out on top!!!!!

COME ON MURPHY!!!!!! Controll your GM!!!!!!

Ive been calling all the Packer Administration numbers and none of them lets you leave a message.....

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: COME ON MURPHY!!!

You may not agree with how Brett deals with the retiring issues over the yrs,but he is the man in Green bay.

If Mark Murphy wants to show what he is made of,he would straiten Ted Thompson out or fire him on the spot!!! He always has Ron Wolf to help out until we can get a new GM.Thompsons ego and ajenda is getting in the way of what the Green bay Packers are made of.Mike McCarthy also needs to stand up and defend Brett!!! The hell with Aaron Rogers!! He hasnt shown a thing.Put Farve up against him and lets see who comes out on top!!!!!

COME ON MURPHY!!!!!! Controll your GM!!!!!!

Ive been calling all the Packer Administration numbers and none of them lets you leave a message.....

More of em. I can't wait till this ends.

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
umair said:
Jennings85 said:
umair said:
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?
Exactly, Ted's a ****ing moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back. **** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!
couldnt agree more...Shoulda shown brett respect by not disregarding his message while on vacation and should have went after randy...

GO Vikes!

I think you are on the wrong site . You obviously are not and never were Packer fan.

Stop tellin people what site to go on or what team they really root for...I am a brett favre fan first and was a packer fan only because of him. I remember the first time when I was 6 yrs old and played tecmo superbowl with him on it. I lost with every team except for the packers b/c brett threw for 524 yrds. Since then I was hooked as a brett favre fan. Where he goes I go.

The packers blew it, a cheap organization that is scared to spend money. Its something I always admired about the cowboys and steelers for this reason. They play to win it every year, not just every decade. They spend the money it take and give their fans what they want, thus the reason they have the most SB titles. If you want to win, spend money, AKA on randy moss. No matter what any other moron says on here it is the single reason he retired.

He even stated that with a randy moss addition, he would sign a 3 year contract and honor it. Obviosly TT didnt care.

Brett we love you and for most of us cant wait to see you play again with whoever you want.

Good luck pack being a .400 winning percentage team, as thats what yall were before his 16 year tenure.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
joe_smoe said:
umair said:
Jennings85 said:
umair said:
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?
Exactly, Ted's a ****ing moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back. **** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!
couldnt agree more...Shoulda shown brett respect by not disregarding his message while on vacation and should have went after randy...

GO Vikes!

I think you are on the wrong site . You obviously are not and never were Packer fan.

Stop tellin people what site to go on or what team they really root for...I am a brett favre fan first and was a packer fan only because of him. I remember the first time when I was 6 yrs old and played tecmo superbowl with him on it. I lost with every team except for the packers b/c brett threw for 524 yrds. Since then I was hooked as a brett favre fan. Where he goes I go.

The packers blew it, a cheap organization that is scared to spend money. Its something I always admired about the cowboys and steelers for this reason. They play to win it every year, not just every decade. They spend the money it take and give their fans what they want, thus the reason they have the most SB titles. If you want to win, spend money, AKA on randy moss. No matter what any other moron says on here it is the single reason he retired.

He even stated that with a randy moss addition, he would sign a 3 year contract and honor it. Obviosly TT didnt care.

Brett we love you and for most of us cant wait to see you play again with whoever you want.

Good luck pack being a .400 winning percentage team, as thats what yall were before his 16 year tenure.

That's pathetic. I'm a Favre fan because I won a video game with him.

TT didn't push Brett out. Brett pushed Brett out.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well If I were Favre I will ask for a chance to play..

LET THE BEST MAN BE THE QB... He will win 100% sure IMHO.

Or:

I will wait for 15 minutes until AR get IR and I will be the starting QB..

CONGRATS TEDDY YOU GOT YOUR WISH !!!!! Just remember BE CAREFULL ON WHAT YOU WISH AS YOU MIGHT GET IT....

Now Teddy will either be remmebered as the man who sent Brett packing when he was done or as the Idiot who will allways be remembered in disgrace...

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
...I am a brett favre fan first and was a packer fan only because of him. I remember the first time when I was 6 yrs old and played tecmo superbowl with him on it. I lost with every team except for the packers b/c brett threw for 524 yrds. Since then I was hooked as a brett favre fan. Where he goes I go.

You were a Brett Favre fan because of a video game...
um...okay..
I had tecmo bowl as well but I didn't get hooked on a player because of it.
I would have ISSUES if that were the case.

Anyhow...

THe packers aren't bringing Bret back because they are CHEAP.
They want to move on for their LONG TERM future and he's not in
those plans.

Brett disagrees and wants to finish his career elsewhere.

Simple.

nothing more complicated than that.

Reaction score
CONGRATS TEDDY YOU GOT YOUR WISH !!!!! Just remember BE CAREFULL ON WHAT YOU WISH AS YOU MIGHT GET IT....

Now Teddy will either be remmebered as the man who sent Brett packing when he was done or as the Idiot who will allways be remembered in disgrace...

Read this.

Ted and Mike welcomed Brett back with open arms... until Brett changed his mind and told them he was going to stay retired.

Now he (Brett) pulls this crap again after reiterating to the Packers' brass that he was done.

Ted deserves no blame, he has a job to do and has done it. Brett made his own bed, he changed his mind on a few occasions, but he can't continue to do it and expect to get his way.

Good riddance Brett will be gone. I'll miss him terribly as a player, but the side show he has become has no place here.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or:

Bill Walsh/Carmen Policy aren't remembered as the IDIOTs who sent Joe Montana packing..

They are remembered as the people who kept their franchise WINNING and going on..

Such will be T.Thompson's destiny.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or:

You really need to read the "Must read thread" I don't TT is to blame for Brett leaving. I have a feeling it may have to do with more money for Brett. That's just my opinion. Time will tell.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre
Montana

the situations are NOT anything similar at all.

IT doesn't have to be exactly similar.

And this is the main point:

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say if Brett goes to another team, he will not be the star. He will be regulated to being a back up or part timer.

How long would it take to trade him or release him and have him decide on another team? Well into training camp at least, I would think. And then he has to learn the playbook (remember his comments about learning a new playbook?), and learn the receivers. It would be ugly.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Favre
Montana

the situations are NOT anything similar at all.

IT doesn't have to be exactly similar.

And this is the main point:

Joe Montana trade

Read it and then you'll understand why they have very little in common.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
I say if Brett goes to another team, he will not be the star. He will be regulated to being a back up or part timer.

How long would it take to trade him or release him and have him decide on another team? Well into training camp at least, I would think. And then he has to learn the playbook (remember his comments about learning a new playbook?), and learn the receivers. It would be ugly.

Certainly will not be pretty, but as they say, you make your bed you lie in it. Like you picture btw, my sentiments exactly.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts