Favre asked to be released

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL Live (Chris Mortensen) just reported this.

Oh man, whatever side you're on....this is not good for anybody in the organization.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he's done in Green Bay. He's not going to be a Green Bay Packer so say what you want but it's over in Green Bay. Fans are going to have to get ready too see Favre in a different uniform.

I wonder a few things.

1. If the Packers will release him or trade him. I hope they don't cut him because he'll be a Viking in a heartbeat.

2. How many fans are going too root against the Packers when or should I say if Brett Favre plays against them. I know a lot of 49er fans rooted and cheered Joe Montana on when he played against the 49ers so it's not out of the question.

Personally now that we know what's going too happen. We know Rodgers is the QB. This isn't going too be as bad as previously thought because at least the Packers go into training camp with their QB.

I'm very happy that Favre is getting this going right now rather than waiting a while. Hopefully the Packers get him dealt ASAP. Not that I want that or anything but this is what's going too happen.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So....was it all a big "aw shucks" scam that Brett Favre has hoisted upon the fans all these years?

How many times has he said that he will NEVER wear another uniform....even if let go by the team? That he is a Packer or nothing?

You know, when this is all done, and the feelings have subsided a bit, I will continue to respect and cherish the memories and performances he has provided over the years.

Right now, I am feeling pissed upon....not by the organization who had the temarity to move forward based on Favre's retirement, but by Favre who seems to be intent upon making things hard for this team and its fans.

Good luck, Brett...........it has been quite a slice watching you betray every word you have uttered where you and the Packers are concerned.

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, I am feeling pissed upon....not by the organization who had the temarity to move forward based on Favre's retirement, but by Favre who seems to be intent upon making things hard for this team and its fans.

Good luck, Brett...........it has been quite a slice watching you betray every word you have uttered where you and the Packers are concerned.

Can I get a Amen.

I love watching Favre play and he seems like a great person. This is just horrible though. Just horrible.

ferbs027

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is getting ugly. It's almost embarrassing to be a Packer fan at the moment. How can you take sides with something like this? I wish I could bury my head in sand and come back out in September when this sh*t is sorted out.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude is pissing me off!! This is not a TT issue; this is not a MM issue; this is not a Packers issue.....this issue was bought and paid for by Brett Lorenzo Favre. he just needs a bit too much ego stroking for my sake....I mean, since when does a GM (one who made VERY clear #4 was wanted from day one!) ***edited****

I truly wish him well, but right now I am not as big a fan as I was only a week ago....and do not know that I ever will be again.

ferbs027

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I truly wish him well, but right now I am not as big a fan as I was only a week ago....and do not know that I ever will be again.

This is the worst part of it for me. It's devastating to see a lifelong hero act like a total ******. I've defended everything Favre has ever done. This, I can't, and it kills me.

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dude is pissing me off!! This is not a TT issue; this is not a MM issue; this is not a Packers issue.....this issue was bought and paid for by Brett Lorenzo Favre. ****** just needs a bit too much ego stroking for my sake....I mean, since when does a GM (one who made VERY clear #4 was wanted from day one!) have to gobble QB **** to get a guy on board for a season?

It's just sad. I just hope that the Packers are successful this season so there won't be massive protests in the street of Green Bay (I'm being serious).

Good Ol' Brett....why couldn't you have just stayed retired and gone out with one of your best seasons yet? I'm just mad and sad at the same time at Favre. Nobody else. He forced the teams hand. Forced them to make this decision.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He isn't entitled to an unconditional release. He gave that up when he announced his retirement in March, imo.

He still wants to play, then that's fine. Packers mgmnt doesn't wanna pull the rug from under Rodge, that's fine. So work something out with the FO so they can trade him. They get prelims with a team settled, then run it by him. He takes the team he likes best, and our FO takes pennies on the dollar for the team with the best fit for #4. He should understand that this is pure business now.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Brett u decided to retire why didn't u take your time ... Well all I got to say .. .... U Brett let the door of ints hit u good on the way out

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I as far as I'm concerned the lack of interest and desire packers fans had in wanting brett to come back serves them right. I hope he throws it in all the rogers supporters face!..Ted Thompson might be considered a good GM to most packers fans, but to me he is a disgrace and will forever regret the decision...

GO BRETT GO...I'll still be rooting for you!!!!

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you on the way out Brett. Good luck on the downward spiral of the rest of your career. You had everything and
you ended it perfectly. Now you go back on everything you ever said about being a Packer and let your family make TT and MM look like the bad guys? I am rapidly loosing respect for you and your word.
Too bad. I really loved this guy. Unless something changes dramatically I will be one rooting for whoever plays against Favre and his new team.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
I as far as I'm concerned the lack of interest and desire packers fans had in wanting brett to come back serves them right. I hope he throws it in all the rogers supporters face!..Ted Thompson might be considered a good GM to most packers fans, but to me he is a disgrace and will forever regret the decision...

I'll change to GO AWAY GO for you.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:

I don't think any Packer fan wanted Favre to retire after last season. But he did. The organization moved on. Brett should have moved on.

Instead, he shi#$ on the organization through his family and tries to make TT and MM into the bad guys. Just horrible.

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett's a one eyed, one horned, purple people eater...A one eyed, one horned, purple people eater.....LOL HAHAHA

A nice fit in minnesota!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whay the F&CK would you not want your number 1 qb back??? its only going to do you good. its a fact that the packers have a better chance of winning with favre. som many teams are ready to take favre and they dont have a qb. the packers dont really have a qb why dont they want him back???

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't hate him. I am sad that the packers do not want the best player available.

Fans, we just witnessed our teams leadership give up on 2008 for hopefully a better future.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe, Joe, Joe.......this sad story is not TT's issue, it is Brett's and Brett's alone. You may not like the decision to lose Favre, but at this point it is the only thing they can do.

Do I and all the other posters wish Favre were playing for us? You bet....if he would have witheld retirement and let the team know so they could make appropriate plans! That being said, the fact that he DID retire, and FORCED the team to move in a new direction...a direction headed by a young QB that had learned the system and was ready to go....creates issues that no team should have to endure.

It would be almost acceptable if the Packers did not have such a clearly defined succession plan at QB......but the FACT that AR was there, and the FACT that Favre knew he was ready to step in upon his exit make this an entirely different scenario. A scenario where I fall on the side of TT and MM.

Favre created this mess, and unfortunately he leaves someone else to take the hit. Complete ********!!

Members online

Latest posts