Favre article from Gulfport paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

stump5454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice article from our local newspaper The Sunherald. I think the old man will play next year and why not? Another good draft the sky is the limit for this young and upincoming team.

Favre indicates he will play an 18th season at Green Bay
By AL JONES
[email protected]

"Each week, I bring more stress on myself wondering if this is too good to be true," Favre told the Sun Herald. "I want to continue the streak and winning. When I talk about the streak, it's not the (consecutive) starts; it's the hot streak we are on. Then, I ask what can I do better?

"I am trying to enjoy it because this could be my last game in Green Bay. For the first time in three years, I haven't thought this could be my last game. I would like to continue longer."

Favre debated whether to return in early 2007 but decided to return.

He has turned in a spectacular 17th season, leading the Packers to a 13-3 record with 28 touchdowns, 4,155 passing yards and a quarterback rating of 95.7, his best in 11 seasons.

Instead of a family vote or Favre making the decision on his own, this one might have fallen directly in the hands of daughter Brittany, a freshman at Charleston Southern, and daughter Breleigh.

Instead of seeking advice at the family home outside Hattiesburg, it might have taken place at a local ice cream shop in Green Bay during Wild Card weekend.

"Brittany was up here and drove to get ice cream," Favre said. "It was like pulling teeth to get Brittany and Breleigh to get out of the car to get the ice cream. But we didn't argue about it being my last game like we have in the past. We talked about Brittany coming back in this weekend from Charleston Southern for what could be my last game.

"Breleigh then spoke up and said, 'Dad, don't retire.' And Brittany said, 'Dad, I think you need to play one more year."'

Favre has career 442 touchdown passes (442), 61,655 career passing yards and 5,377 career pass completions.

"I have a lot to think about. It's been a fun year and winning has made it a good year," Favre said "For the first time in a couple of years, at this point, my focus is solely on Seattle and winning a playoff game at home."

Read more about Brett Favre in Friday's Sun Herald and at sunherald.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts