Favre Angry

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOTH!!!! I've been an anti-Favre guy ever since he spoke with Peter King about retirement 4 years ago. IMO, he mentally "quit" that day.

Our organization is weak but not stupid. The brass can see that Favre brings in millions of dollars to them without him ever stepping onto the field. He's a money making machine by his name alone.

Our braintrust also lets him get away with things just based on the preceding paragraph. It was a *** for tat unspoken agreement. We get to have your name and make money while you can go and do whatever the blank you want to do because you're Brett Favre the cash cow.

The organization doesn't have to do anything to drum up fan support. It has Favre's name. It doesn't need to add Randy Moss, it just doesn't have to do much of anything.

Now things have changed with Favre's caustic words. Now, the heat is on the organization and it's as if Brett's saying in some sort of way that they just can't continue to milk his name for money and respectability. The organization knows Favre has been milking them just as badly as they've been milking him. I think both sides were unhappy with the other, but it was so financially beneficial to both sides that they both said NOTHING and the TEAM got HURT.

Now, oh now, this is out in the open. The organization is going to continue to want to milk Favre but Favre doesn't want them pulling his ***** no more.

What happens now? I've already said what I want. Whatever it is, it'll be GREAT sports theater. I can't wait for each passing day. A bigger story I'm not sure has ever hit Green Bay.

Wow!

I'm not quite following. Brett was milking the organization and vice versa, according to you. If this is true why not keep your mouth shut and just milk it longer?

If you think Brett cares so much about paychecks and records, what is the reasoning behind complaining about not getting Moss?

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does. Why did he want Moss? Do you think Favre wants to go out a winner or a loser? It hurts his legacy,and EGO, to say he went out on a team that went 4-12, 8-8 and ???? (not better than 8-8) Randy Moss had the ability to fire him up to make him want to get his head back into the game so it wasn't about money and records.

I never said Brett didn't want to win... I said he wanted to use his status to avoid having to do the things to make him a winner, because he believes he's good enough to just show up on Sunday and make enough plays to win. Brett now sees that he's not good enough. I think 4-12 and 8-8 kind of opened his eyes.

Randy Moss could've catapulted this team to victories. Not just because of his presence, but because that would've motivated Brett.

Bertram....I totally agree. It's time to say Good Bye to Brett. I'll probably cry. He used to be my hero. I had a few tears roll down when he gave his little talk after the Bears game. I'm not all disgust with Brett. I remember the good days and miss those. I was one who realized they were long gone and were never coming back. Others didn't want to see that.

Bottom line... Randy could've helped Favre look better. Now, Brett realizes he ain't going to look so good and he's pretty upset. I would be if I was him. The organization has 74K names on it's waiting list. I don't think deep down they're too worried about what Brett thinks as long as they can capitalize on his name.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does. Why did he want Moss? Do you think Favre wants to go out a winner or a loser? It hurts his legacy,and EGO, to say he went out on a team that went 4-12, 8-8 and ???? (not better than 8-8) Randy Moss had the ability to fire him up to make him want to get his head back into the game so it wasn't about money and records.

I never said Brett didn't want to win... I said he wanted to use his status to avoid having to do the things to make him a winner, because he believes he's good enough to just show up on Sunday and make enough plays to win. Brett now sees that he's not good enough. I think 4-12 and 8-8 kind of opened his eyes.

Randy Moss could've catapulted this team to victories. Not just because of his presence, but because that would've motivated Brett.

Bertram....I totally agree. It's time to say Good Bye to Brett. I'll probably cry. He used to be my hero. I had a few tears roll down when he gave his little talk after the Bears game. I'm not all disgust with Brett. I remember the good days and miss those. I was one who realized they were long gone and were never coming back. Others didn't want to see that.

Bottom line... Randy could've helped Favre look better. Now, Brett realizes he ain't going to look so good and he's pretty upset. I would be if I was him. The organization has 74K names on it's waiting list. I don't think deep down they're too worried about what Brett thinks as long as they can capitalize on his name.

Where do you get this? Brett has started every game. Played in extreme adversity because "he wanted to look good"?

Thats an opinion that is clearly personal with no real evidence to back this up.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you know what record Brett is most proud of? His consecutive games streak.

You think he played in all those games because he thinks him at nowhere near full strength was best for the team? Ehhhnt. Wrong. He played in all those games to keep his streak alive.

As you know I strongly dislike Favre and will continue to do so until he changes his ways, which isn't likely to happen.

Sorry, this has been such a tough day for you. Honestly, I mean that. It has to hurt to see Brett wanting out.

With all I can muster, this is BEST for the PACKERS to get this out in the open.

A lot of illusions have been shattered over the last 24 hours. I just hope more and more walls fall down. Maybe, we'll ALL get to be fans of the TEAM again.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why?? Why all the spinning of wheels when you have not seen the original article??? Not ESPN third hand junk.

ORIGINAL BILOXI STORY

TUNICA --Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre built his NFL reputation around hard work, dedication and being the ultimate teammate.

After 16 years, and within months of a 17th season of pro football, the former Southern Miss standout showed his dedication to the Packers organization recently when he did his best to help land wide receiver Randy Moss from Oakland.

But instead of wearing gold and green next season, Moss will catch passes from Tom Brady in a deal to the New England Patriots that went through during the second day of the NFL Draft.

Speaking at his annual celebrity golf tournament in Tunica, the three-time MVP of the NFL let his frustration be known.

"It is disappointing," Favre said. "It was a done deal and the stories of how we lost him because he didn't want to restructure his contract were not true.
"He was going to wipe his contract clean and sign for $3 million guaranteed, plus a fourth-round draft pick. That would have been a steal. But we were not willing to guarantee part of that $3 million. I even had (agent) Bus (Cook) call up there and tell them I would give up part of my salary to guarantee that part of the money. Apparently that wasn't enough either."

Favre doesn't want to come across as a bad guy of the group and he remains dedicated to Green Bay. However, he said to get a good player, you must pay a good player.

And good players win football games.

"I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way," he said. "I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it's hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I've never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I'm the odd man out here and they just don't know how to tell me.

"This is a first-class organization that wants to win. I want to win now."

Favre, the lone player still on the roster from the 1996 Super Bowl team, began lobbying back in February when it looked like Moss would leave the Oakland Raiders. That would have given the Packers a three-man wideout rotation of Donald Driver, Greg Jennings and Moss.

Considering the Packers lost running back Ahman Green to Houston, Favre knew help was needed on the offensive side of the ball.

"I told Donald to imagine a one-back set with a three-man rotation," Favre said. "Who would they (opposing defenses) cover? If they double Randy, Donald would be in single coverage. Last year, he caught 92 balls in double and triple coverage and made the Pro Bowl.

"Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it's hard to be optimistic. I'm not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don't have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild but it's hard to look at where we are going and say, 'How can they not be rebuilding?'

"I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win."

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell to believe anymore. Listening to all this going on today makes me sick. Hearing the Favre's agent called to try to get him traded.........just sick.
I KNOW it wasn't all TT's fault. But i wish i knew all what really DID go on. I heard that Brady was talking to Moss every day too. And i bet that played alot into it.
I wish TT would have got his S**T together and got Moss taken care of BEFORE N.E. made their big play.
I have been trying to be fair and give TT time to prove himself, but i'm losing patience fast.
I think Favre will play this season, give his all, and then either retire or go elsewhere. Just my opinion of course.
Unless something BIG happens before this coming season. And I don't know HOW that would happen. Keyshawn Johnson is out there, but he's only a #3 WR anyway.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett , it was great watching you play, TT sold you out and I hope you play somewhere else and win another championship. It'd be funny if #4 went to Denver and teamed up with J-walk for a run at a super bowl. it would show how TT is just completly clueless

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett , it was great watching you play, TT sold you out and I hope you play somewhere else and win another championship. It'd be funny if #4 went to Denver and teamed up with J-walk for a run at a super bowl. it would show how TT is just completly clueless

whatever.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If #4 wins another championship it won't be because of him, his skillset has diminished a lot and he isn't any more than an average QB.

We've got to realize this. He isn't the great QB he once was.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If #4 wins another championship it won't be because of him, his skillset has diminished a lot and he isn't any more than an average QB.

We've got to realize this. He isn't the great QB he once was.

Bretts an above average QB who is surrounded with little talent, sorry.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I still say Brett is a top 10 QB as I've said before. I can't think of a QB playing now that I'd rather lead my offense. He does make some bone head mistakes, but its not because he's stupid, its because his competitive and sometimes that outweighs the 'safe' option.

Members online

Latest posts