Favre Angry

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre and Bart Starr are the two best quarterbacks this franchise has ever had. Both of these guys made siginificant contributions to the success of this franchise. What happens with any of us as we get older is we begin to see our limitations. To say it simply, Brett see's enough in this team to feel that the addition of Moss and a quality running back would have given this team the chance to win this year. I see nothing wrong with that.

Brett knows clearly that he's on the last legs of his career. The guy wants to win. What's wrong with that?

He also knows that Ted hasn't done much to give him the tools to win in the last years of his career. Brett is a cometitor, he wants to win, he wants another chance at Superbowl for the Packers. What's wrong with that?

The truth is look what Brett did when he could throw the ball to Sterling Sharpe, MarkChumra, Keith Jackson, Robert Ferguson, Don Beebe, Andre Rison and of course Donald Driver. Do you think for a moment that Brett doesn't realize what he could have done for the Packers if Mike Sherman and Ted Thompson had provided him with some talent?

As for Ted, we all know that when he took over the Packers the cuboards were relatively bare because of questionable drafts and free agent signings by Mike Sherman. There were financial limitations. He let what was potentially an all pro line move on. Although his drafts have been relatively productive he has chosen not to use free agency to fill in the holes. Perhaps Ted Thompsons legacy is not known yet. We may look at him much differently ten years from now, but the truth is, that he could have made some moves this off season that would have allowed the Packers a chance to win big now. He wouldn't have had to sacrifice the future to be good now, for whatever reason, he chose not to.

I have been critical of Favre on numerous occasions over the past few years and have taken some shots for that, but the truth is; Brett deserves to have a gm that would provide this great quarterback a chance to win it all and Ted didn't do that. I don't blame Brett for being upset.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Brett is right, TT should be criticized for the Moss move. Either way, we will still need to bring in 2-3 vets on offense. And, with cut day coming up, we may have a "second chance". We'll see how TT does then.

D

Dan115

Rumor has it Ted is trying to get NFL approval so that The Packers can play with only 10 players on the field. Ted is just thinking of all the money he can save. Who cares about winning. The fans will always love The Packers. This is the same way the cubs go about their business.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee... Now, there's a real surprise. Favre's angry?

How many folks posted just the other day that the rumor of his displeasure was total BS? Folks wouldn't believe it because it was Brett Favre we were talking about.

This guy needs to be stopped. I hope he's mad enough to change his mind and quit...or I hope TT trades him, or just cuts him loose.

I think I understand Favre pretty well. What a sad sad story to see him go from where he once was to where he is now.

Hopefully, some of the blinders will come off now and people will realize what a clown this guy is.

I just went back and read a lot of posts back in the THIS IS A BOMBSHELL! thread. A lot of egg on a lot of faces.

Does anyone believe there's nothing to a rift between TT and Brett now?

Oannes, do you have ANYTHING positive to say? Yeah, Brett is dissapointed. Big deal. It didn't work out. Big Deal. He has always spoken the truth about how he feels when he speaks to anyone, not just the media. The media asks him about retirement and he resonds that he is not sure...so the media blows it up and makes a big deal of it. If he says anything other than he is not sure than he would be lying. Is that what you want? Would you like him to tell you yeah, I am definately coming back....then when he does go through the process and decides to retire, aren't you going to be even more upset? Aren't most if not all 38 yr old players thinking of retirement? Don't all older players decide whether to come back for another year during the off season?

Brett feels we could have had Moss. Big Deal. Apparently, he wasn't as convincing as Brady. and, according to the article, the Patriots made a late move and one upped GB with a thrid rounder. GB thought they had the deal done the night before. And, according to the sources, GB was never given a chance to counter offer what the Patriots did. Besides, at this point in Moss' career, wouldn't the opportunity of a SB with the Patriots be more appealing than GB, even with Favre? Get over it. Move on. We still have Jennings, Driver, and KRob. I would put that trio up against any defense in the league.

And why take this opportunity to go after Favre? What have you got against him? You so depserately want him to retire. Why? Are you excited about taking the most important position on the field and handing it from a HOF veteran, who continually gets more out his players than thought possible, to a inexperienced QB who hasn't thrown 20 passes in his career yet? What kind of thinking is that? Should we have Driver sit down so Jones can play? If you are insisting that Favre go because of his "Lack of Leadership", than how can you even REMOTELY be upset that we didn't get Moss? Your hatred for all things Packers is becoming more and more apparent.

By the way, how do you feel you understand Favre now? Do you know him? Have you ever even met him? Saw him in person? Saw him interact with others? I have. He is a good person who is down to earth and will answer any question you have honestly. He has confidence but I wouldn't say he has a big ego. At least I didn't see it. Matter of fact, he was more self effacing that anything, and that is not something you see from someone who has a big ego.

What has he done to you personally? What earns him the distinction of being a "clown"? Because he was dissapointed? Hey, news flash, I am sure his season has ended in dissapointment 14 of his last 15 seasons. Doesn't mean there is a rift.

Last year, this team went from 4-12 to 8-8. yet for a lot of you posters that was not enough. Did that not say anything about what Favre AND TT have done with rebuilding this team? Now this year, just like any year, the goal is to once again, improve. If we go 8-8 against tougher opponents is that going to be improvement? Technically it is. 9-7 would be an improvement.

I just don't how Harlan could have been such a fool in Hiring TT when he had all you braintrusts from here to choose from.... :crazy:

D

Dan115

I agree with you tripper. We have Lambeau,beer and brats who needs a winning team. We are just as good as the cubs.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you tripper. We have Lambeau,beer and brats who needs a winning team. We are just as good as the cubs.

Ahh, sarcasm. Gotta love intellgence at it's finest.

Logic: If we improve every year, we will inevitably win it all.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"On the night before the draft, the Packers thought they had a deal with the Raiders for a fifth-round pick, but New England stepped in and began making a strong pitch for Moss. Quarterback Tom Brady reportedly spent hours on the phone recruiting Moss, who eventually agreed to a one-year contract with the Patriots.

New England topped Green Bay's offer with a fourth-round pick. The Packers, sources said, weren't given the chance to increase their offer to the Raiders or Moss, although it's questionable whether general manager Ted Thompson would have done either. They were also offering a two-year contract, which wasn't ideal to Moss.

Favre talked with Moss several times leading up to the draft, but he apparently wasn't as convincing as Brady. Still, Favre thinks the Packers could have gotten Moss."

Hmmm... if this is all true, I hate the Patriots even more now.

D

Dan115

I do not think ted has done very much to improve The Packers with the money he has available. The Packers have the $$$ right now to compete this year. Just my opinion. However I do think Wolf would have made some kind of move.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might be right Dan, but the year is not over yet. We will spend all the money. Personally, I think we are more than 1,2 or even 3 blockbuster moves from competing...

D

Dan115

Trippster, I hope not. I think The Pack needs only one or two play makers on O and maybe one solid db or safety. I would like to see ted gamble a little with the money he has. Take a chance.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You might be right Dan, but the year is not over yet. We will spend all the money. Personally, I think we are more than 1,2 or even 3 blockbuster moves from competing...

Than Ted's not doing his job. If at year 3 we are still 3 BLOCKBUSTER moves away you can say hello 80's all over again.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do have something positive to say.... HIP HIP HOORAY.

This is EXACTLY what this organization needs...A WAKE UP CALL.

This Favre garbage has flown below the radar for the past 4 years. FINALLY....it comes out. FINALLY.

I worked in media for 7 years of my life and know quite a bit that isn't too flattering to Mr. Favre. That isn't even the point.

He's totally detrimental to TEAM football. I've put my thoughts out there a plenty. What do I have against him? Read my post. The "Raider" fellow summed it up quite nicely with his post, I thought.

Now, we can hopefully remove Favre from his unhappy situation and get someone under center who approaches preparation with vigor. Brett loves playing on Sunday and that's all he cares about. The problem is he doesn't put the time in needed to be successful on Sunday. Tom Brady will be at his camps and he'll be studying his *** off trying to get better so he can be as effective as possible so they can dethrone the Colts. Does Favre seem fired up to do all he can in the off-season so they can unseat the Bears? No. He hasn't for years. He thinks he's so good he can just play on Sunday and it'll all work out. Just give me anyone under center who really cares about trying to improve his game. I will enjoy 0-16 as long as I know our guys are doing all they can to be prepared when they step out on the field.

The other POSITIVE is now we won't have to go through this PATHETIC will he or won't he retirement circus that he puts on after each season. That is a huge plus. Plus, I don't like seeing our organization WASTE 12 million on a guy who isn't anywhere near worth that. Spend it elsewhere.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This Favre garbage has flown below the radar for the past 4 years. FINALLY....it comes out. FINALLY.

I worked in media for 7 years of my life and know quite a bit that isn't too flattering to Mr. Favre. That isn't even the point.

He's totally detrimental to TEAM football. I've put my thoughts out there a plenty. What do I have against him? Read my post. The "Raider" fellow summed it up quite nicely with his post, I thought.

Now, we can hopefully remove Favre from his unhappy situation and get someone under center who approaches preparation with vigor. Brett loves playing on Sunday and that's all he cares about. The problem is he doesn't put the time in needed to be successful on Sunday. Tom Brady will be at his camps and he'll be studying his *** off trying to get better so he can be as effective as possible so they can dethrone the Colts. Does Favre seem fired up to do all he can in the off-season so they can unseat the Bears? No. He hasn't for years. He thinks he's so good he can just play on Sunday and it'll all work out. Just give me anyone under center who really cares about trying to improve his game. I will enjoy 0-16 as long as I know our guys are doing all they can to be prepared when they step out on the field.

The other POSITIVE is now we won't have to go through this PATHETIC will he or won't he retirement circus that he puts on after each season. That is a huge plus. Plus, I don't like seeing our organization WASTE 12 million on a guy who isn't anywhere near worth that. Spend it elsewhere.

What time doesn't he put in to be successful on sundays? He works his a** off to be in top shape. He is at all the meetings. And when all of us have left the stadium after a game, Favre is there to after 7-8pm going over the game with the coaches. Just because he is not attending a 3 day camp doesn't mean he isn't doing what is neccesary.

I just can't believe you want him gone....While *****ing about needing a playmaker on offense you now want the ONLY playmaker we have gone!~ Unbelievable!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:

Than Ted's not doing his job. If at year 3 we are still 3 BLOCKBUSTER moves away you can say hello 80's all over again.

Being only 3 blockbuster moves away could be seen as improvement from the 5-7 blockbuster moves we needed 2 years ago. :thumbsup:

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oannes, I really don't know where you are getting this stuff. What are you dissapointed in Management or Brett?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
first dale jr leaves the company his father built for his kids to run

now the packer icon wants out of packer town

what the hell is next

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oannes said:

Oannes, I really don't know where you are getting this stuff. What are you dissapointed in Management or Brett?

Just life in general, I think... :rubeyes:

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
first dale jr leaves the company his father built for his kids to run

now the packer icon wants out of packer town

what the hell is next

Tiger Woods is going to leave the PGA for the European tour...

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOTH!!!! I've been an anti-Favre guy ever since he spoke with Peter King about retirement 4 years ago. IMO, he mentally "quit" that day.

Our organization is weak but not stupid. The brass can see that Favre brings in millions of dollars to them without him ever stepping onto the field. He's a money making machine by his name alone.

Our braintrust also lets him get away with things just based on the preceding paragraph. It was a *** for tat unspoken agreement. We get to have your name and make money while you can go and do whatever the blank you want to do because you're Brett Favre the cash cow.

The organization doesn't have to do anything to drum up fan support. It has Favre's name. It doesn't need to add Randy Moss, it just doesn't have to do much of anything.

Now things have changed with Favre's caustic words. Now, the heat is on the organization and it's as if Brett's saying in some sort of way that they just can't continue to milk his name for money and respectability. The organization knows Favre has been milking them just as badly as they've been milking him. I think both sides were unhappy with the other, but it was so financially beneficial to both sides that they both said NOTHING and the TEAM got HURT.

Now, oh now, this is out in the open. The organization is going to continue to want to milk Favre but Favre doesn't want them pulling his ***** no more.

What happens now? I've already said what I want. Whatever it is, it'll be GREAT sports theater. I can't wait for each passing day. A bigger story I'm not sure has ever hit Green Bay.

Wow!

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOTH!!!! I've been an anti-Favre guy ever since he spoke with Peter King about retirement 4 years ago. IMO, he mentally "quit" that day.

Our organization is weak but not stupid. The brass can see that Favre brings in millions of dollars to them without him ever stepping onto the field. He's a money making machine by his name alone.

Our braintrust also lets him get away with things just based on the preceding paragraph. It was a *** for tat unspoken agreement. We get to have your name and make money while you can go and do whatever the blank you want to do because you're Brett Favre the cash cow.

The organization doesn't have to do anything to drum up fan support. It has Favre's name. It doesn't need to add Randy Moss, it just doesn't have to do much of anything.

Now things have changed with Favre's caustic words. Now, the heat is on the organization and it's as if Brett's saying in some sort of way that they just can't continue to milk his name for money and respectability. The organization knows Favre has been milking them just as badly as they've been milking him. I think both sides were unhappy with the other, but it was so financially beneficial to both sides that they both said NOTHING and the TEAM got HURT.

Now, oh now, this is out in the open. The organization is going to continue to want to milk Favre but Favre doesn't want them pulling his ***** no more.

What happens now? I've already said what I want. Whatever it is, it'll be GREAT sports theater. I can't wait for each passing day. A bigger story I'm not sure has ever hit Green Bay.

Wow!

The organisation is only weak in Favre issues, because of the massive fan support he has.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right...and the MONEY he brings to the table. You can't dismiss the financials of it all...that is more important than fan support to them.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's basically the same thing,

with all this noise I believe Favre has served his purpose, trade him, cut him or let him retire now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts