Favre Angry

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard it on the news, he's angry that the Packers didn't sign Moss. He said they could have signed him. Moss wanted to play here and was willing to play for the money the Packers had offered. There it is. Nomore speculation. He made comments about not resigning Ahman Green and having to play with the young backs.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did you hear this on ESPN or what? If thats true then why didnt we take moss? this **** just keeps getting worse.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=604780

In quarterback Brett Favre's mind, the Green Bay Packers could have obtained wide receiver Randy Moss.

"I know what we could have signed him for," Favre told Memphis television station WMC-TV at his annual charity golf tournament Saturday in Tunica, Miss. "We could have gotten him for less money than New England did. He wanted to play in Green Bay for the amount of money we could have paid him. It (was) well worth the risk."

Moss, who was once represented by Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, and still has ties to him, was on the trading block before the NFL draft. The Packers and Patriots were the two teams seeking a deal with the Oakland Raiders for Moss' services.

On the night before the draft, the Packers thought they had a deal with the Raiders for a fifth-round pick, but New England stepped in and began making a strong pitch for Moss. Quarterback Tom Brady reportedly spent hours on the phone recruiting Moss, who eventually agreed to a one-year contract with the Patriots.

New England topped Green Bay's offer with a fourth-round pick. The Packers, sources said, weren't given the chance to increase their offer to the Raiders or Moss, although it's questionable whether general manager Ted Thompson would have done either. They were also offering a two-year contract, which wasn't ideal to Moss.

Favre talked with Moss several times leading up to the draft, but he apparently wasn't as convincing as Brady. Still, Favre thinks the Packers could have gotten Moss.

"The last thing I want to do is start anything," Favre said Saturday. "But I think he would have been a great addition. You throw Randy Moss, you throw Donald Driver and you throw Greg Jennings on the field at the same time, and go three-wide receiver set, I think it's pretty intimidating. And we lost out on that, and it's a shame because I know we could have had him."

Favre hasn't spoken to the media since undergoing left ankle surgery after the season, so it was unclear until Saturday how he viewed the Moss dealings and the draft class Thompson added. Coach Mike McCarthy expects Favre to attend a mandatory three-day minicamp beginning Friday, although the quarterback is not expected to take part in practice.

It's not known whether he will address the media during the camp.

In the interview at his golf tournament, Favre said his ankle was doing well.

"I had surgery in February; I could have played the following week - against doctors orders, but I could have played," Favre said. "Rehab's going fine, but everything's up to par right now. I think people who know me, know I will be ready.

"Am I ready at this moment? Probably not quite, but I will get myself ready and I think as they found out in the past, I will do everything I can do to help this team win."

Favre admitted he's not fired up about coming to minicamp, but he said the Packers can expect him to be the same guy he's always been.

"Do I feel like going to training camp and minicamp?" Favre said. "Most of the time no. But I still love to play and I think there are a lot of guys who have retired or have been let go that still love to play but don't feel they can, and I still feel I can play at a high level.

"I love to compete and I love to win and I would hate to give it up and say, 'I could be doing that.' So that's why I'm back."

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw it on WISN sports at about 10:25 p.m. At leaast we now know where Favre stands on this and it looks as if Favre and Moss were talking throughout the process. Favre is teed off at Ted for not making the move.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard it on the news, he's angry that the Packers didn't sign Moss. He said they could have signed him. Moss wanted to play here and was willing to play for the money the Packers had offered. There it is. Nomore speculation. He made comments about not resigning Ahman Green and having to play with the young backs.

I read it on Jsonline. Sounds pretty ticked and does not sound like he will put out too much this season. This sounds like a protest.

I thought this wasnt real, but it is.

OP
OP
P

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it's for real. I saw it on the news and I heard him say it. I happen to agree with Favre on this one. I was very surprised that the Packers didn't do anything in free agency or with a trade to find a running back or a receiver. I'm glad Favre spoke up too. It's about time someone starts questioning what the heck is going on up there.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geeez, theres a shocker. Can you blame him?

The only people who aren't pissedat TT for doing NOTHING are 5-6 posters on this board. Everyone I've talked to is like "WTF is TT doing"

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is right here?

A) The media\experts who said Moss wouldn't restructure with anyone but NE(Which he did), which says GB would NOT be able to sign Moss for the same price(and definitely not cheaper).

or

B) Brett Favre, who is saying "We could have gotten him for less money than New England did."

Someone is wrong. Either A or B.

Also, when someone starts a sentence with "The last thing I want to do is start anything.." then you just did, like Peyton Manning with his "I don't mean to throw my offensive line under the bus but...."

This is classic Favre, which saddens me. I don't mind Favre being upset. If he's really pissed, he should give MM and TT a piece of his mind. But why he airs this angry laundry in public, always boggles me. Good leadership, #4

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WEll it only makes sense he would be angry. Most of us were angry. So it looks like the story here is he let it in the news. We all pretty much knew he was mad, however maybe he'll be happy about our D. Remember we are still building off last years draft. It was a very good 1 indeed.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WEll it only makes sense he would be angry. Most of us were angry. So it looks like the story here is he let it in the news. We all pretty much knew he was mad, however maybe he'll be happy about our D. Remember we are still building off last years draft. It was a very good 1 indeed.

Now we'll put this on Brett. Maybe Brett should have shut up. Maybe Brett should not air dirty laundry. Or......................Perhaps Ted Thompson should show an urgency to win.

Whatever the case, Favre can say what he wants. Favre has sacrificed more for this team than Ted Thompson ever will. Favre knows more about what he needs around him than Ted Thompson. Favre is the one that has to pay for these 10,000 rookies making mistakes. Brett's stating what a LARGE percentage of GB fans and sportswriters have been saying for 2 years.

Now continue to throw Brett under the bus

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan1245 said:
Favre is the one that has to pay for these 10,000 rookies making mistakes. Brett's stating what a LARGE percentage of GB fans and sportswriters have been saying for 2 years.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps Ted Thompson should show an urgency to win.

Whatever the case, Favre can say what he wants. Favre has sacrificed more for this team than Ted Thompson ever will. Favre knows more about what he needs around him than Ted Thompson. Favre is the one that has to pay for these 10,000 rookies making mistakes. Brett's stating what a LARGE percentage of GB fans and sportswriters have been saying for 2 years.

LOL, wtf?!? I assume you're being serious here, Pyle.

Perhaps TT could give a **** about one player, who's already won his championship, who is also being more than fairly compensated.

Brett has thrown his share of people under the bus, and this is just another case of him not knowing when to keep his mouth shut for the sake of HIS team.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Perhaps Ted Thompson should show an urgency to win.

LOL, wtf?!? I assume you're being serious here, Pyle.

Perhaps TT could give a **** about one player, who's already won his championship, who is also being more than fairly compensated.

Brett has thrown his share of people under the bus, and this is just another case of him not knowing when to keep his mouth shut for the sake of HIS team.

Sake of his team? What makes a difference what he says? I would imagine most of the vets feel the same.

If it was unjustified I could understand. Unfortunately Favre's speaking the truth. What detriment would Moss of had for this teams future?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
packerfan1245 said:
Favre is the one that has to pay for these 10,000 rookies making mistakes. Brett's stating what a LARGE percentage of GB fans and sportswriters have been saying for 2 years.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well, I've seen your myspace and after weighing both options I don't think it was my post that made your dog commit suicide

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee... Now, there's a real surprise. Favre's angry?

How many folks posted just the other day that the rumor of his displeasure was total BS? Folks wouldn't believe it because it was Brett Favre we were talking about.

This guy needs to be stopped. I hope he's mad enough to change his mind and quit...or I hope TT trades him, or just cuts him loose.

I think I understand Favre pretty well. What a sad sad story to see him go from where he once was to where he is now.

Hopefully, some of the blinders will come off now and people will realize what a clown this guy is.

I just went back and read a lot of posts back in the THIS IS A BOMBSHELL! thread. A lot of egg on a lot of faces.

Does anyone believe there's nothing to a rift between TT and Brett now?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sake of his team? What makes a difference what he says? I would imagine most of the vets feel the same.

What makes a difference what he says? How about the jwalk incident? He shares in the responsibility of Javon's exit. Now he complains about not getting the receiver he wants? As difficult as it may be for you and the other ff-ers to accept, Brett is a player, not the GM. He doesn't get to pick and choose his receivers.

And your comment on 'most of the vets' is absolute speculation. The only other sound bytes from other veterans are ones that approve of the job Thompson is doing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Geeez, theres a shocker. Can you blame him?

The only people who aren't pissedat TT for doing NOTHING are 5-6 posters on this board. Everyone I've talked to is like "WTF is TT doing"

I tried to take the line of support, but after reading what Brett said, I just can't do it anymore.

I'm not so excited for the upcoming season anymore.

I mean, ****, Brett was going to give up some of HIS money to get this guy! ********.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, I'm sure GB had their reasons. McCarthy talked to Moss the night before.

And why were all those media folk\experts saying Moss wouldn't restructure, and only 1 person(Favre) saying otherwise?

there's more to this story than any of us know(even favre more than likely) and we'll find out more down the road, but till then...lets all freak out!

OH MY GOD! FDAOUHFAUHG!!!!!!! AOFDHAODYH AO!!! WE DIDNT GET AN AGING LOCKER ROOM CANCER !@YQHFUH@! OH MYLANTA!

(I do enjoy a good freak out)

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some with wisdom say most people get bitter about the opportunity we have been presented late in life or our career. This might be about Tom Brady and not Randy Moss or the Packers.

I heard this story on a Chicago Sports Radio station today during my drive up to Milwaukee. It killed me, but I knew it was coming in a sub-conscience sort of way.

Some say many people get jealous about people who we perceive have had better opportunities.

It could be an attorney at Malcomb-Jacobs and Franklin, it could be an employee at General Electric, and, of course it could be a Quarterback in the National Football League. Human nature knows no bounds.

I may be wrong and often am. I am sure one of you here can correct me if I am incorrect. However, It seems to me, in the last three or four years Brett's Golf event has been a bastion of media attention, and he has used it as a launching pad for comments to the press that were not in the best interest of the future of the Packers as a team and as an organization.

Brett has been hanging the retirement noose over the Packer organization and been non committed so many times it has been a hinder on whoever is running this team in an effort to build this team.

Brett was not happy that the Packers drafted a QB in the first round. Brett said: "It is not my job to teach the kid." Brett said this, Brett said that, the media reports... Who knows what is fact and what is crap...... But I DO KNOW THIS,,, and so does everyone here on this site if you are realistic. Brett has NEVER said this.... "I have an ability through experience to help our future QB and my successor and I want to give that to this team, this city, and this organization."

Now Brett comes out at his Golf event and throws a wrench in the rebuilding of this team by exposing that the Packers "COULD HAVE HAD RANDY." and it would have given "ME" three great targets.

This just might be a little more about WHO got Moss and a little less about how fast this team can get back into a superbowl run, which should be the ultimate goal of the team, and the fans.

This might be about how Brett is looking at Tom Brady having better career opportunities. How Brady now has a chance to get his 4TH ring to Brett's one... How Brady will go down in Brett's era as the best of the best of the best.

Brett should not look at it like that if he is indeed looking at it like that.

My gut feeling is that Brett is dismantling the image and legend he has build for himself, because of his own ego Brett is watering down the legacy he will leave on his career.

I would not be surprised if Brett wears colors other than Green and Gold before he is finished. His ego, and drive will make it impossible not to take a shot at it.

This whole story who so many people did not think was fact was fact indeed. This is an example of blind faith.

R.P.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see where in the article that implies Favre is punch-holes-in-the-wall angry. Or even annoyed.

I'm wondering how many read the article the whole way through.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's interesting to sit back and read all the posts psycho-analyzing Brett, blaming earlier media reports and trying to find any way possible to deflect the blame away from the one person who really should be held accountable in situations like this.

Brett wanted Moss because of his ego, hidden agendas, ulterior motives, jealousy? The fact is, Brett knows what happened in this situation and he is simply setting the record straight. If we had a GM with any balls at all, he would have done it himself and Brett wouldn't have had to.

Instead, I'm sure we'll see the same old "We're doing everything we can to improve the Green Bay Packers" and the "We try to do things, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't" lines in the paper sometime in the next couple of days, the same old excuses we see every time the facts indicate otherwise.

And once again for those of you that idolize Ted Thompson, this doesn't have anything to do with blaming him for anything (I personally didn't want Randy Moss in Green Bay). It's simply about holding him accountable, why is everyone so afraid of doing that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts