1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Favorite Soccer Team

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by lancer84, May 2, 2010.

1. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Yeah, my favorites D.C. United. Been a fan for 5-6 years now... Been to only one game though, the loss in 06 to the Wizards. Still have my Adu jersey though :aggressive:
  2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471 / 1 / -0
    I wouldn't call myself a fan, but if a Galaxy match is on I'll watch it.

Consider me a Beckham bandwagon fan. On that topic, read The Beckham Experiment by Grant Wahl if you get a chance. It's fantastic.

I'm more of a national team soccer fan. I love watching the World Cup and the Euro tournament. In fact, I just brought the U.S. it's first World Cup title in the new 2010 World Cup video game. :cool2:
  3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    West Ham United :D
  4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    GRÊMIO FOOT-BALL PORTOALEGRENSE!!!!!

2010 state champions!!!! We won this title this sunday!!!! Against our bitter rivals it's their colors in the "coffin"!!!!

[​IMG]
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,522 / 86 / -26
    Machester United, because its the only one that I can think of
  6. CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Manchester United I guess lol. Like ivo610, they are the only ones I really know of.
  7. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Liverpool :)

Good stuff PackersRS, congrats. I'm pretty sure one of our players, Lucas Leiva played for Gremio in the past.

Green Bay Packers, West Ham fan from Blackburn?! Strange!
  8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    I know LOL Oh well :p I work at Blackburn Rovers too :)
  9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Man, Lucas was an absolute star in here! We all thought for sure he would be the starter of Brazil. He reminded us of Falcão.

He's playing so so in there, don't know why. In here, he didn't play in line, he had much more freedom to attack, maybe it's that.

He was considered the best player of Brasileirão 2006...

A player that every "gremista" absolutely hates, but it's the most famous to come out of Grêmio, is Ronaldinho... He's an absolute bum, he's a scum for what he did, but damn, the most talented player I've ever seen.

Here's what he did to Dunga in a GREnal...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y9S3uj22a0]YouTube - Ronaldinho vs. Dunga[/ame]
  10. PackAttackUK

PackAttackUK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Ace. Whats it like there? I've worked at both Liverpool and Everton as a steward.

Yeah we'd heard so much promise about Lucas. He started okay, then he started going a bit downhill. He got A LOT of stick from supporters the season before last. But the season just finished, he had a far better season. I think people here forget he's still only 23! He's been playing out of position here last season. He's being playing defensive midfield, along side Javier Mascherano. Lucas seems more of a box to box midfielder. When he's got forward me, he's scored, and won us a penalty also.

Yeah Ronaldinho is quality. Probably the most skillful player in the world. The best player right now is probably Messi. Guy is untouchable pretty much
  11. Croak

Croak Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +927 / 11 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    FC Bayern München

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
  12. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +701 / 1 / -1
    Chelsea Football Club
  13. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +529 / 4 / -0
    Hamburger SV (HSV), since I was a kid, I am a season ticket holder since many years.
    We just finished an awful season, but I am happy that we did not relegate for the first time in our club history and hopefully things will be better next season.:rolleyes:;)
    We have our 125 th anniversary this year and because of this we will hosting the FC Barcelona for a friendly match End of July.

[​IMG]
  14. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,608 / 59 / -33
    Packer Fan Since:
    USA vs BRAZIL, Men's Football, tonight, 7:00 CST, on ESPN2

The true sport of the foot, that's football.
    Why did we name our game "football" when the 2 "positional players" who use their "foot" are not even referred to by all the others as real players?

Anyway, reading thru the other thread here about what other forums we visit... one that I do, Footballs Future, has tons of people in the USA and outside the USA who talk soccer.... I love the World Cup and anything Team USA vs other country.

Loved watching the USA men beat Scottland 5-1 on Saturday, and already have my calendar marked with our next games: This Wed vs Brazil on ESPN2.
    Next Sunday vs Canada on NBC Sports Network. Friday June 8th vs Antigua & Barbados on ESPN.

Let's take a look back to the 2010 World Cup from South Africa. USA needs to win to stay alive.

I bet I'm the only one here who was in a sports pub that morning and part of an ELECTRIC atmosphere like this one?
    I still right now get the goosies, chills, as I did that moment.
    That monent ranks up there with any SINGLE sports moment ever for me, and I've been around.....

Anyone else part of a scene like this one?
    I took off my day teaching Vacation Bible School that day because of this game!

OMG this one is great, from an American fan THERE at the game, recording?

Just can't get enough!

15. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +701 / 1 / -1
    You have a standing area at the Hamburger HSV Stadim, im guessing its safe and the fans like it.
  16. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +529 / 4 / -0
    Of course the fans like it because of the special atmosphere and they are cheaper than seats. I had season tickets for the standing area for many years but changed to seats because I do not have to be at the stadium that early to find a good spot with good views. Well and to be honest, I am getting old :rolleyes::D
    But as you propably know, we are only allowed to use the standing area for national soccer matches like Bundesliga or DFB Cup.
    When we play international there are only seats and the capicity decreases from 57.000 to roundabout 51.000.
    Of course there were also discussions in Germany after the Hillsborough disaster but we never had any safety problems.
    I think what helps is the fact that Germany has propably the most modern and safe stadiums in Europe, most of them are still quite new.
    But I still love old and narrow stadiums like Craven Cottage which I visited when Hamburg played Fulham two years ago (we lost :mad::cry:)
  17. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +701 / 1 / -1
    Thats cool i'm glad that it works for you, seems like a good system. All seater stadiums are good but you can't compare the atmosphere to the old half stadium terrace days. I'm not against standing myself on a reduced scale, but i think its easier to have it back in Germany and other countries as the sad events didn't affect as directly. The technology has no doubt moved on greatly since the Hillsborough/Hysel disasters.

The old style small tight grounds in the UK are fantastic, way better than vast half empty modern bowls. Ahh you were at the Fulham game? i remember that i watched it on TV.:tup:
    Boo Fulham! our local rivals. :speechless:
  18. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +529 / 4 / -0
    Yepp, fantastic grounds, great atmosphere.
    I've also been at Emirates Stadium when Hamburg played Arsenal (another local rival :eek:) in the Champions League (long, long time ago, R.van der Vaart played in Hamburg, nice memories ;)) - and really no support, no atmosphere, awful stadium, boring and spoiled crowd :rolleyes:
    Hamburg fans ruled the whole stadium by singing and supporting 90 Minutes.....:tup:
  19. PackerFan71

PackerFan71 19/05/12

Ratings:
    +701 / 1 / -1
    Ahhh don't mention the Arse!!! shame for them they haven't won the Champions League. Ha!
    A minority Chelsea fans are like that, very rich quiet unknowledgable glory hunters. The ''Where were you when we were **** Brigade'' as i call them. Yes Hamburg fans were a credit to their club that game. :cool: