Favorite Packer

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Favorite old Packer is no contest - Bart Starr. I loved watching him play at Metropolitan Stadium against the Vikings.

Favorite Current Player would probably have to be Matthews. As I have gotten older it seems like it is more fun to watch the defense and it is amazing to me that CMIII has been able to be so dominant so early in his career. It is just plain fun to watch him shell-shock a defense.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Bart Starr for favorite old player. But Dave Robinson would come in a close second. Why? Because two of my adult sons and I had some time alone with him a couple of years ago and he was one of the most humble and gracious professional athletes I've ever met.

Donald Driver would be my favorite new (sort of) player. The guy loves the game and lights up the room with that million dollar smile. His love for the game seems to be infectious and he has such a positive effect on those around him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite old Packer is no contest - Bart Starr. I loved watching him play at Metropolitan Stadium against the Vikings.
Wow, you're old....er than I am! LOL. Old is good. :icon_biggrin:

Current Favorite: (so Hard)

Rodgers
Driver
Jennings
Woodson
Jones
Pickett
Tramon
Collins
Clifton
Jordy
Finley
Cobb
Grant
Kuhn

Past:

Reggie
Butler
Sterling
Lofton & Jefferson
Chuck Headhunter Cecil
Lynn D*ckey
Tim Harris because his sacks and then 6-shooting at the opposing bench!

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
^ No lie I'm old. My second would probably be Carroll Dale -- more than McGhee or even Hornung (I actually preferred Elijah Pitts to Hornung).

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like to single out players as favorites or least favorites but I will say that Clay Matthews is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. Its amazing to watch him play and when he does that flex after a sack, its pretty scary lol.

The old Packer question is hard because im only 18 but I was born the year that Brett Favre joined the Packers, ill always be honored that I was a Packers fan while he was QB.

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Favorite player Greg Jennings because you know he is a class act guy. After the super bowl win he gave praise to the defensive leader cwood and said it was hard when the # 1 receiver went down DD. Everyone knows Jennings is the #1 but Jennings learned from driver and it was cool that GJ said that.

Favorite old packer would defiantly be sterling sharpe...had the guy not got injuried he would have gone down as the packers greatest receiver ever. Also I got to meet him and Shannon a lot cuz I went to school with his daughter when I was younger.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favorite old packer would defiantly be sterling sharpe...had the guy not got injuried he would have gone down as the packers greatest receiver ever. Also I got to meet him and Shannon a lot cuz I went to school with his daughter when I was younger.

he was good but he wasn't touching Don Hutson.

Ausnadian

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stirling was 1/2 of the reason I am a Packers fan, when I first started watching the NFL I saw him interviewed, and he was so down to earth and honest, it was instant man-love! While I could throw together a list of many I have loved in the past 20 odd years, Reggie and Stirling are my most memorable.

Right now, it's impossible to choose, Rodgers is a loveable guy, and a hell of a player so I will say him for now.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers.....big cliche? Yes. He is the best player on the best team. I love him.

Close second -- Ryan Grant....I'm a huge Notre Dame fan as well.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Present: Aaron Kampmann. Iowa farmboy...work ethic is HUGE and his heart is almost as big. The guy, without complaint moves from a position where he's a Pro-Bowler to a position that could arguably effect his career and paycheck without one word of complaint - the press has speculated that he wasn't too happy...but, they're the press.

Past: Nitschke or DT Mike McCoy. Both were just superior people, Ray later on in life (after Jackie helped break the stallion) and McCoy because I got to know the man - married to my family priest's niece and gave game tickets to a kid whose family really couldn't afford such luxury items often...Bear game tix no less.

Who's your favorite current Packer?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there has already been a thread like this, because I'm pretty sure I've already said it, but:

New: Woodson, Rodgers, Matthews, Jennings
Old: Hornung, White, Starr, Butler, Favre
Really old: Driver

J/K. Love DD. Yep. Lots of favorite Packers.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current: Aaron Rodgers, how cant you like the Super Bowl MVP?
Of Old(ish): The minister of defense, Reggie White

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Current: OFF: Rodgers, Kuhn, Greg Jennings, Driver, and Jordy, DEF: Clay Matthews, Woodson, Shields And Tramon

old: Gilbert Brown, Dorsey Levens, Ahman Green, Robert Brooks, Freeman, Butler, #4

Staff online

Members online