Favorite Packer Memory/Experience

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well it's gameday today and thought it'd be fun to share some of our favorite Packer memories/experiences

Mine was December 28th, 2003.

The Packers are playing the Broncos are in dire need of help from none other than the team where I live, the Arizona Cardinals. The only way the Packers make the playoffs are if they beat the Broncos and by some miracle the Cardinals beat the Vikings. Oh and it was a miracle!

So i'm sitting in my apartment in Tempe with my friends watching the Packers game. The Broncos are sitting most of their starters so we are expecting to win this game. It's at Lambeau field and we dominated. We had over 250 rushing yards against them and coasted. We ended up winning 31-3 over the Broncos.

Here's what made my experience even better. The Vikings are playing the Cardinals at Sun Devil stadium in Tempe which was half a mile if not less from my apartment (I was going to ASU at the time). The Cardinals were 3-12 (I've lived in Arizona for a while now and the expectations are pretty low) and they were riding a 7 game losing streak. Our hopes of winning the NFC North division and making the playoffs lied solely on the miserable Cardinals.

As the Packers game is winding down, they continue to cut to to the Cardinals vs Vikings game to give updates for the faithful Packer nation. I have my computer open and i'm following the game hoping to get updates quicker (it was a home game and the Cardinals never sell out so the game was blacked out in AZ). The Vikings D showed up and put the Cardinals into a fourth and 25 situation. Our hopes now lied in the hands of Josh McCown. They were at the 28 yard line and needed a miracle. I kept refreshing my browser hoping to get an update but nothing. Then I heard fireworks that didn't stop...wait Fireworks i thought? Then it hit me, everytime the Cardinals score, the fireworks go off at Sun Devil stadium (it just didn't happen often). I went crazy, i ran around my apartment like a madman yelling...I went back to the tv to watch and see the glorious pass from Josh McCown to Nate Poole! Then i heard it was being challenged, but the challenge was upheld and the Vikings lost and the Packers went to the playoffs.

It was such an awesome moment, to hear those fireworks before anything else telling me the Cardinals had scored and sent my beloved Packers to the playoffs. Enjoy the youtube video, i thought it was pretty cool

[youtube:1d4lz0fm]l_wfYAGosi4[/youtube:1d4lz0fm]

Here's a picture i found from both of those games that i thought was awesome

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
P

pack4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another video for those who don't know how it all went down

[youtube:27r4e8yt]h-zNq6557R0&feature=related[/youtube:27r4e8yt]

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Back in early 90's Pack vs Pitt

A win gives them the division crown for 1st time in forever..

Brett is spitting up blood on sideline, Thigpen drops a sure Td in the end zone and the Packers win

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Following the Packers for over 40 years, there's too many games, accomplishments and moments to list. But going to Green Bay for the first time and meeting the old Lombardi Packers as a kid in 1969 would have to be my standout.
We went out to Lambeau Field on a Saturday a.m. as the team was leaving its morning meetings and getting ready to leave for Detroit for the next day's game. For some reason the parking lot area was dead that morning so we were the only ones there and getting player autographs was easy as the players filed out and headed totheir cars.
First LeRoy Caffey, Marv Fleming, Elijah Pitts, Willie Wood came out and we got their autographs. Then Ray Nitschke. For being such a monster on the field, Nitschke was a helluva nice guy to us. I remember after he signed autographs for us he stood and talked with my Dad by his car for several minutes like they were old friends.
The big moment was when Bart Starr walked thru the door. The few other kids that were around by then and us flocked to him like seagulls to bread thrown on the ground. Bart didn't say much but he did stop and signed autographs for a couple of minutes before he had to leave.
The next day the Packers beat the Lions 28-17 to run their record to that point to 3-1. I've always liked to think we brought them a little luck and I still have those autographs we obtained that day.

starr15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably when i was watching the first superbowl on a tape i bought I LOVED IT it came in hd:p and had a bonus disk that had the tesm roster through 1929 and the rest of the championships, my friends and i had the best time ever, even though we werent there to see in real life, i saw it and i loved every second of it
GO BART STARR 8) :inlove:

dhazer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll just use 2 examples of the games i was at because that in myself (just being in lambeau) is a great experience. But my very first game was way back in the 80's the best MNF game ever. The defending Super Bowl champs Redskins vs our Packers. The mad dog douglas fumble recovery and then Lewis (the reason they banned leaping to block a fg) made mosely miss the fg with time expiring.

And then the christmas eve game against PGH also known as the Yancy game. I was on about the 25 yard line about 20 rows up. Plain and simple Yancy drops the ball in the end zone and the Packers goto the playoffs.

But like i said just going to the frozen Tundra are all great memories never been to a game we lost. My last was back in i think 2002 when we played the Bucs and they missed the easy FG to send it to OT but then Longwell kicks the winner in OT.

Crweems11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been following the packers for most of my life, but I was really too young to remember much of the Super Bowl years. There have been alot of great, small moments that stand out, but I guess I'll have to say the best was the week leading up to the NFC Championship last season. Living in Texas I got to live in the moment of having my team in the NFC Championship game and seeing all of the sad Cowboy fans. I remember thinking that we actually were going to win the Super Bowl and how that day couldn't get here fast enough. My dream as a kid had been to see Brett Favre lift up the Lombardi trophey. Words can not explain the feeling I would have had if that moment had come true.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a long time Packer Fan I remember in 1967 when Vince was trying to win his 3rd consecutive NFL Championship and the 67 Packers were old and hurt that year. They lost a brutal game late in the season to the Rams out on the Coast 27-24 when a punt was blocked very late in the game.
Two weeks later the Rams had to come to Milwaulke and Bart and the Packers killed the 24-7. Carrol Dale (an ex ram) had a great game and Donny Anderson also was very good in that game! It was a huge confidence builder for the veteran Packers and it showed the follwing week ini the Ice Bowl
{Pack88}

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 88, I remember that game like it was yesterday. Travis Williams had a 104 yard KO TD, the punt was blocked by Claude Crabbe, and Bernie Casey scored the winning TD.
The Packers returned the favor two weeks later 28-7, with The Road Runner getting 2 TDs. Roman Gabriel was moaning about how the better team lost that day ( BS ).
I remember the last game of the regular season between the Rams and the Colts for the division title and a trip to the playoff. It ended in a tie I believe and both teams finished 11-1-2. One of the Rams slammed his helmet to the ground so hard it bounced about 20 feet in the air.

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hammer, Great memory! I never liked Bernie Casey in his other life either! Even though the Packers didn't have a dominating regular season I remember learning from that year that games after Thangsgiving were crucial and that the final 2 games of the season were meaningless for GB and if you remove them a 9-2-1 team was damn good and that 13-10 loss to Baltimore was brutal!

Still makes me smile to think about the Roadrunner

Pack88

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine is the game the Packers played on Thanksgiving Day, back in 1994. They were going up against the defending Superbowl Champion Dallas Cowboys, and everyone predicted the Packers to win as Aikman AND the #2 were both out, leaving only third string qb Jason Garrett to take the field.
Instead of laying down and being conservative, he led the Cowboys over the Green Bay Packers by completing 15 of 26 passes for 311 yards and 2 touchdowns in a second-half comeback. In 2008, the game was named the fourth-best moment in the history of Texas Stadium by ESPN.

That was a great Packer moment.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who let that cowpie troll in here? :p

These memories are fun! I remember one game back when we weren't winning regularly. It was that bare game at Lambeau when the pandas blocked a FG attempt by Chester Marcol and it came back to Chester and he rumbled into the left side of the end zone! The entire stadium erupted too!! :rofl: :clap:

johnboy 66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could write a book.... Bart Starr riding me on my bike, Delivering the Green Bay Press to Ray and Jackie Nitsche who were on my paper rout.......code words "Rod Sent Us" we used on a gate keeper a friend of our neighbor Rod that got us into all games free from 58 - 61....... going to game in old City Stium snaking in through holes in the wall and under the bleachers..... sitting in the East Enzone at old Packer stadium....Playing football on Day street with cousin Tony... listening to game on radio hearing roar of the crowd nearly half mile away when Al carmichael set the then 105 yd touch down return....riding bike from Preble to West side of town to attend practices and get autographs, Paul Hornung at our Football Banquet...Seeing my self on Count Down to History ad ABC news program special feature Title USA.....

Members online

Latest posts