Favorite coach

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is your favorite Packers coach, other than Lombardi (lets try and make this not completely 1 sided haha)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Rhodes.

Kidding!

It's Bart Starr.
Even though he didn't have any or too many winning seasons, I just like him for the legendary status.
Bart Freaking Starr! How many teams can make the claim to have an awesome former QB as their head coach for the same team of destiny that he played on?

My second choice would be Mike Holmgren because he helped bring the Lombardi back.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
After his first few years he wasn't but he has won me over- McCarthy, Fisher for the Rams is a close second.

I'm gonna throw in my least favorite too - Pete Carroll

Last edited:

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Holmgren. I could tell right from his first press conference that things were going to change...and honestly, when he was hired, I said "who"? Then he was introduced. The guy had that cocky aire about him that just oozed confidence - like he knew something that nobody else knew....and he did.

McCarthy is gaining. I like his no b.s. approach to everything.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Lindy Infante. When I was a kid my dad and I use to watch the Lindy Infante show, and they had a segment where kids would send in drawings they had made of Packer players, and I remember I sent in a drawing I had done of Don Majkowski was selected to be shown on the show. At the time it was the coolest thing that ever happened to me. When I was a kid the Packers sucked. Being a Packer fan was like a badge of honor. The mystique around the team was everything to me. I'd take my bike to practice, and the players were like Gods to me. To this day Majkowski easily remains my favorite Packer of all time. Definitely not the best player we ever had, but the level of love I had for the Majik Man when I was 7 years old has never been suprassed by another player.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super Bowls matter .... Holmgren

Sherman will always be under rated because he never won it .... To be fair Ron Wolf screwed up by not putting better weapons around Favre (Bill Schroeder...... Seriously?) AND by giving Sherman the dual role....

Most disappointing..... Rhodes without a doubt....

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Above all including Lombardi is Curly. He led us to six championships and started the team that we all love. He wore out his welcome but rarely do coaches ever last 30 years! He did so much to make the team what it is, and was a good coach to boot.

Beyond Curly it's Holmgren for the same reason as Lombardi. He took a bad team and took them to greatness. That says a lot in my book.

OCBP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say McCarthy. He inherited a team that was more than reasonable. However, the drama and emotion was high.

He stayed the course as solid leaders should, has good relationships with GB leadership and the players and has won a Super Bowl.

I would not have made the same statement when he was hired given his credentials.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts