Favorable schedule

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers are going to do anything this season, it starts now. They can actually win the next 6 games. 7-3 after 10 games would be a real coup.

Favre needs to go on an incredible hot streak though because all the money we put into the defense in the offseason seems to be wasted. Our GM focused on the defense in the offseason, I can't wait til he "fixes" the offense.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stated in an earlier thread I thought we had a good chance to be 4-3 after the next 3 games, it gets tougher after that..
@ Buffalo
@ Minny
vs New England
I am not as optomistic but 6-4 even 5-5 after 10 games would still give The Pack a chance to have a winning season.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree with depack.

we can win alot of our games.

we had a chance to win 2 games already.

we just need to hold the lead.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree as well. I think we can at least beat the Rams next week (although I don't think we will) but I think it's a winnable game. Miami and Arizona are winnable games as well. Buffalo should be as well. Along those lines Green Bay is certainly not out of it. I said a while ago on another forum that 2-3 is what I wanted going into the bye week with that schedule up and coming. Hopefully we can obtain that.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we can win 7. Thats not being pessimistic, that's being realistic...7-9 and drafting out of the top ten would show the rest of the league that our rebuilding is at least going somewhere, and our front office doesnt have their heads completely up their *****

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
We have to learn to win the games we can win. We should be able to win a good 7 or so of the remaining games, meaning we should be in them, not that we necesarilly will be. Last year a majot problem was we couldn't win the close games. This year if we can't win the close games again we will be looking at another 10+ los season. If we can win most or all of the games we should win or have a good chance in we could still finish close to (or at) .500

Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:
Hopefully we can win 7. Thats not being pessimistic, that's being realistic...7-9 and drafting out of the top ten would show the rest of the league that our rebuilding is at least going somewhere, and our front office doesnt have their heads completely up their *****

As a counter point, wouldn't it be better to do something like loose 10+ games and have better position in the draft, allowing us a shot at a better player?

For a rebuilding team, a higher position (say top 5) would be something I would welcome regardless of whether it meant losing more and by bigger margins.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
As a counter point, wouldn't it be better to do something like loose 10+ games and have better position in the draft, allowing us a shot at a better player?

For a rebuilding team, a higher position (say top 5) would be something I would welcome regardless of whether it meant losing more and by bigger margins.

no, no way, i can't take this 'laughing stock' business anymore...

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excessive losing creates a culture of..................................................................................................................losing.

No thanks.

I want to see progress, not improved draft position.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:

Sorry but I don't like that theory.

I'm sure getting Adrian Peterson would be nice but the more games you win the more respectable a team is and the more confidence a team gets. Creating a losing atmosphere could be the downfall of this team. I think there are a lot of quality players here and I think they'll be here a long time whether changes are made in the front office and coaching staff or not. The downfall could be a losing atmosphere.

If this team wins 7 games this year. I'll be pleased with the effort and it will get me excited about the off season and next year as this team will be up and coming then.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Especially since there are no sure picks in the draft. The Patriots don't seem to need a top pick to pick up talent. That Boney Maroney is starting to impress

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

To quote Coach Lombardi:

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. "

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Playing to win is the #1 thing that will improve this team. I think Coach Lombardi's record speaks for itself in that regard.

Reaction score
Anubis said:

To quote Coach Lombardi:

"Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence."

"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit."

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender. "

"Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."

Playing to win is the #1 thing that will improve this team. I think Coach Lombardi's record speaks for itself in that regard.

Wow.

Some great points there Anubis, something I failed to consider.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans see it every ear Rough starts....winter comes around and they End up like 10-6 or 11-5 (I dont know if its the weather or schedule every year)

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HatestheEagles084 said:

We have to draft out of the top 10 to be going somewhere? It's been one year and basically started w/ nothing. Plus I don't really care what everyone else thinks, nor should the Packers. As for everyone else, I think you're being too optimistic. What have they done to show you they are any good? Not much, that's what.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on guys, do you really think we're going to come close to a winning season? At this point, with our play thus far, I would be totally thrilled with 6 wins as long as our individual young players show improvement.

Whatever. At least I can still hope that Vernon Davis recovers in time to get his head ripped off by AJ Hawk.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:
Come on guys, do you really think we're going to come close to a winning season? At this point, with our play thus far, I would be totally thrilled with 6 wins as long as our individual young players show improvement.

Whatever. At least I can still hope that Vernon Davis recovers in time to get his head ripped off by AJ Hawk.

6 wins...I'm going for 7 for the 'satisfaction level'...to me, it seems like double digit losses is its own bracket, like 7-9 is almost .500, 6-10 is ten losses

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kmac said:

Make or break week this week against the Rams. So far we've lost to the Bears, Saints, and Eagles. Combined record is 9-2.

St. Louis is inconsistent and it's a winnable game at home. If they do win then the Pack are 2-3 with an easy schedule coming up.

They won't get a winning record but if they win Sunday I think they can win at least 6 games because of the schedule.

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rams
Dolphins
cards
Bills
Vikes
PAT's
C Hawks
Jets
Niners
Lions
Vikes
Bears

This isn't going to be that easy. Cards, Dolphins, 49ers, Bills, and Jets aren't that terrible. If we could sweep the Lions and split with the Vikes, and beat all of these teams in the 2nd sentenence, that makes us 8-8. We are improving, but that would be a fairly successful season IMO.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Rams
Dolphins
cards
Bills
Vikes
PAT's
C Hawks
Jets
Niners
Lions
Vikes
Bears

This isn't going to be that easy. Cards, Dolphins, 49ers, Bills, and Jets aren't that terrible. If we could sweep the Lions and split with the Vikes, and beat all of these teams in the 2nd sentenence, that makes us 8-8. We are improving, but that would be a fairly successful season IMO.

All of those are pretty winnable except the Patriots and Seahawks. Will they win them is a different story. Probably not. 0-2 vs NE and SEA; the Bears will probably rest all their starters on week 17 so that could be winnable. Dolphins/Cards/Bills eh.. They're better than us, but we'll see.

7-9 / 8-8 wouldn't be a horrible season, I guess.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you are at it... here are a few more.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Gattocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to stay a little healthy first to win some games or we are gonna repeat last year. Brett hurting, Driver not playing this week, Furgy out as well (but who cares, lol jk).

If our offense is the one to carry us this year, this game looks bad.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
calicheesehead said:
Rams
Dolphins
cards
Bills
Vikes
PAT's
C Hawks
Jets
Niners
Lions
Vikes
Bears

All of those are pretty winnable except the Patriots and Seahawks. Will they win them is a different story. Probably not. 0-2 vs NE and SEA; the Bears will probably rest all their starters on week 17 so that could be winnable. Dolphins/Cards/Bills eh.. They're better than us, but we'll see.

7-9 / 8-8 wouldn't be a horrible season, I guess.

Anyone else forget the Cards are going with a rookie QB and we get them at home (although that might not be a good thing)

Miami is playing terrible as of late.

The Jets are going to be tough but there nothing special.

Buffalo I think is overachieving right now but going there will be tough.

I think GB can take 2 there for sure.

Don't forget the Lions and Vikings come to GB later in the year. I think the Lions is a winnable game with the Vikings probably sweeping us this year. Just my thoughts though. 6-10 in my opinion is still achievable and it's an improvement at least. Like I've said Next year is Judgment Year in my opinion of course.

Members online

Latest posts