Fav vs the Cards

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Is it just me or did Fav look just like his old self verses the Cards? He threw 2 terrible picks and almost got picked 4 more times. After the second pick he did the same thing he did for years with the Pack stare at his thumb on his throwing hand.
The Viks have a tough game against the Bengals this week with the Viks having key injury problems let's hope we can gain some space between us.
Also my wife bought me a pair of Packer runners for my birthday they are super sweet.

GO PACK GO!:viksux:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it just shows that BF by himself can not win it by himself at the age of 40. At 40 he knows how to use the weapons around him to produce what they have up until now. With the running game having its problems, the O-line with its injuries,and the defense has its injury problems, BF does not have the supporting cast like he did at the start of the season.

Combine that with the fact they were playing a very good team, you get a lose. Not so much that BF has changed, but the team around him.

Thats the difference this time of the year, you can lean on a young QB to pull out a couple of games while you get healthy. At 40 BF has been running a marathon all season and he can't step up the pace with 5 miles to go like a young man can. If I was a viking fan, I would be asking where is AP.

Its also important to note I think P. Harvin has hit that rookie wall. Really at this point I would put in Jackson at QB to give BF a rest while the team gets healthy. Fresh young legs would give a spark to that offense and 2 or 3 weeks rest for BF would do him good going into the playoffs.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
OFF TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isnt about Rodgers its about FAVRE!

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. When GB and Rodgers were struggling it was every excuse under the sun for him as to why they were not playing so good. It was the o-line this year and the d last year as to why Rodgers wasn't leading them to w's. Now Favre has the first really bad game this year and it'a knock on him because he can't do it all himself. By your logic that means Rodgers must have sucked the last year and a half because he wasn't able to do it himself. The hypocrisy here still astounds me to no end.

To say that you can lean on younger Qbs' to pull out some wins is troubling statement. This is the time of year you need leadership and exp. to pull out the games as teams get injuries and fatigued. I guess by that you would want youth and inexperience in the playoffs because the "old guys" cant hack it. So being a very young team, GB should be favorites going into the playoffs to win it all right?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was AROD missing receivers all over the field and threw 2 interceptions? Does he suck?

If Baltimore's QB didn't suck, he could've won that game. He should've run that ball in instead of throwing a pick in the end zone.

The Pack was lucky in that game. They left points on the field for Baltimore.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

I don't think you get by the Bears this week...

Ed Reed and Suggs would would have made all the difference in the world Monday.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..because we all know how "young" Kurt Warner is too, right?

God...the twisted logic to try and bash Favre around here is unbelievable....and never stops...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why was AROD missing receivers all over the field and threw 2 interceptions? Does he suck?

If Baltimore's QB didn't suck, he could've won that game. He should've run that ball in instead of throwing a pick in the end zone.

The Pack was lucky in that game. They left points on the field for Baltimore.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes.

I don't think you get by the Bears this week...

I think we are going to have a closer game against the bears since we seem to have more injuries on defense than I realized. Our whole defensive line rotation did not practice and Barrnett has a hurting knee.

With that said we will beat the bears, not the bone crushing defeat the Packers would do if healthy.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Al and Kampman too dont forget..

If your going to toss out their injuries toss out ours

Kampman was not too high the fans lists I do believe and was not a factor in this d. Reed is a bigger loss to the Ravens that Harris. My point was that GB didn't go crazy on a team that was missing 2 quality d players. Honestly I don't really take anything away from this game other than the packers beat an team that isn't playing very well at this point. This Ravens team struggled in a win against a 3rd string qb.

A good win, but nothing imo that points to the pack being a great team or better.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. When GB and Rodgers were struggling it was every excuse under the sun for him as to why they were not playing so good. It was the o-line this year and the d last year as to why Rodgers wasn't leading them to w's. Now Favre has the first really bad game this year and it'a knock on him because he can't do it all himself. By your logic that means Rodgers must have sucked the last year and a half because he wasn't able to do it himself. The hypocrisy here still astounds me to no end.
No my logic is that any QB needs the tools to win, yes when A-rod does not have an adqaute offensive line and a defense he will have problems much like what we saw with BF. My whole point is that BF's play has not changed, but those tools around him have.

To say that you can lean on younger Qbs' to pull out some wins is troubling statement. This is the time of year you need leadership and exp. to pull out the games as teams get injuries and fatigued. I guess by that you would want youth and inexperience in the playoffs because the "old guys" cant hack it. So being a very young team, GB should be favorites going into the playoffs to win it all right?

Total inexperiene and a younger player with experience are very different and can't be lumped together as one. Leadership and experience alone can't do it if you don't have the tools, where as a younger player can at times make things happen on his own.

I think it is important to note that we are not talking about your average older player. Old is 30 plus years in the NFL. 40 is taking it to another level. By far the best comination is a P. Manning, experienced and young enough.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Total inexperiene and a younger player with experience are very different and can't be lumped together as one. Leadership and experience alone can't do it if you don't have the tools, where as a younger player can at times make things happen on his own.

I think it is important to note that we are not talking about your average older player. Old is 30 plus years in the NFL. 40 is taking it to another level. By far the best comination is a P. Manning, experienced and young enough.

Yes this avg older player is just so happening to have one of his best years ever. He might be 40 but he is playing much younger than his age. So I don't really see how you can say anythign about it.
But you were not talking about youth and Manning, you were relating it to Rodgers which is rediculous.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me or did Fav look just like his old self verses the Cards?

Is it just me or did Rodgers look like a scared puppy playing Favre twice this year?

The complete lack of understanding pro football is dumbfounding. :shock:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've gone on record as someone who is no longer a Favre supporter, but I think too many people are reading too much into one bad game by Favre. Every QB and team has a bad game here or there. Hell, we lost to TAMPA! We have no right to talk about Favre playing one terrible game.

Two or three more outings like that and you might have a point. One? Not so much.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me or did Rodgers look like a scared puppy playing Favre twice this year?

Never knew Brett played on the D to face Rodgers,or Rodgers played on the D to face Brett...

Yes sometimes things are just dumbfounding

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As I've said before, any praise on Rodgers is a direct offense on Favre, and any offense on Favre is responded by a knock on Rodgers...

And, of course, anyone who disagrees doesn't understand pro football...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes this avg older player is just so happening to have one of his best years ever. He might be 40 but he is playing much younger than his age. So I don't really see how you can say anythign about it.
But you were not talking about youth and Manning, you were relating it to Rodgers which is rediculous.

Sorry if I mislead you that I was putting A-rod in the same class as Manning. Only experience will bring A-rod up to Manning, if he ever does reach that plato.

I guess you can put A-rod in the class of Tom Brady and Kurt Warner when they both took over teams during the season to lead them to their first super bowls. Their youth helped them win some of those games earlier in their careers.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line BF needs help from the defense, running game and special teams just like any other QB in the league. At 40 he physically can not make something out of nothing like a younger QB can with fresh legs. He can not do what Flacco did against the Pack when he was hopping on one foot down the sidelines for the first down.

What you saw against Arizona was not bad play by BF, but the players around him not living up to their performances of the previous 10 games. At this point of his career, BF has a top 5 arm and quick release with his experience. Other than that you are asking too much from BF. In a super bowl game I can see BF pulling an Elway with a running touch down with a spin. Thats not going to happen during the regular season.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bottom line BF needs help from the defense, running game and special teams just like any other QB in the league. At 40 he physically can not make something out of nothing like a younger QB can with fresh legs. He can not do what Flacco did against the Pack when he was hopping on one foot down the sidelines for the first down.

I can see your point, but BF never really took off like that in his career. He made plays but I dont recall that being a norm for him. Sure he would scramble at times, but that wasn't what teams would worry about when drawing a game plan.

But I disagree with you that he hasn't been able to make plays like younger qb's. He has out played most tof the qbs in the league this year and has made a lot out of nothing on a number a plays this year. I don't think this will change as the season progresses either.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted already but not sure what to make of this?

Fighting off panic in Minnesota - NFC North Blog - ESPN

On the second, Favre acknowledged he was so enraged by a rough sack on the previous play that he simply gunned the ball downfield with no regard to the coverage.

Ummmmm WTF??????

You just gunned it with out regards to anything? That is something that a HOF should NEVER do....

They could have scored on that play and might have been a different outcome.

That makes me think, how many times in GB did he just toss it with out caring?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Favre gunning a ball anywhere, No surprise to me, lets hope that he puts it into one of guys hands in the playoffs and we return it for a TD

no I meant that he threw it with out even paying attention to what D they were in..

One thing to try and make a play but to just throw it where everyou please would **** me off as a team mate

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read that article and was about to post it. All I can say is WOW. So if they lose to the Bengals no one on here believes a viking melt down is possible? That locker room will go nuts with a 2 game losing streak and comments from a 40 year old QB with his own selfish agenda.

Crazy old man syndrome comes to mind and he is in command of the ship. Losing and comments like that will destroy a team.

Members online

Latest posts