Fat Rex, the toostsie lover, says J E T S will SB46

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I love when we sign players that the Jets throw away, only to watch them succeed.

Anytime the Jets fail, makes me happy in the pants. :happy0005:

It's going to haunt Rex, just like cutting Cris Carter was a huge screw up for his father Buddy Ryan.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
It's going to haunt Rex, just like cutting Cris Carter was a huge screw up for his father Buddy Ryan.

I hope Rex goes to sleep every night knowing that his twin brother has a few SB Rings - from his divisional rivals ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am probably one of the few, if not the only, poster on here who likes Rex Ryan and the Jets. (Thanx to the HBO training camp show.)
Well, what else is he supposed to say?
"We're gonna get our butts beat again next year."
He's the head coach of the team and he wants himself, his players and the fans to feel confident.

And let's not forget that anything can happen.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
This is different from Rodgers standing on a podium in front of 50,000 people and saying we're going to repeat how?

You have to have confidence you're going to win it all, otherwise why play?

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I am probably one of the few, if not the only, poster on here who likes Rex Ryan and the Jets. (Thanx to the HBO training camp show.)
Well, what else is he supposed to say?
"We're gonna get our butts beat again next year."
He's the head coach of the team and he wants himself, his players and the fans to feel confident.

And let's not forget that anything can happen.

I don't know - maybe he could say something like, "We believe we have the talent to go all the way, and if we work hard, we think we have as good a chance as anybody to make things happen."

You don't just declare your team the best in the NFL and then fail to back it up on the football field, you know?

At the NFL Draft when Manning and Leaf were taken first and second, Leaf got up at his press conference and talked about how he was going to lead a Super Bowl parade down the streets of San Diego, and declared that even though Manning was technically the first pick, he considered the two of them "pick 1A and pick 1B".

Manning got up and said his plan was to work hard.

We all know how that turned out.

It's just one of those things...talk will only get you so far. At least that's how it comes across to me. Every now and then an unusually yappy guy wins, I suppose.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
This is different from Rodgers standing on a podium in front of 50,000 people and saying we're going to repeat how?

The difference is that Rex hasn't won crap as a Head Coach.

Also, he not only doesn't control his own mouth, he also doesn't control his player's mouths.

He's becoming a buffoonish joke - even Jets fans are starting to think that. This is his 3rd time saying this, and so far he is 0-2.

He needs to win something, then maybe he can talk. :)

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know - maybe he could say something like, "We believe we have the talent to go all the way, and if we work hard, we think we have as good a chance as anybody to make things happen."

He can't use that one or he'll get sued.

Lovie Smith uses that one every year.

I think he has it patented.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score

Also, he not only doesn't control his own mouth, he also doesn't control his player's mouths.

He's becoming a buffoonish joke - even Jets fans are starting to think that. This is his 3rd time saying this, and so far he is 0-2.

He's been to 2 consecutive AFC Championships.

It's not like it's Gary Kubiak guaranteeing a Super Bowl. He's been close.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
He can't use that one or he'll get sued.

Lovie Smith uses that one every year.

I think he has it patented.

:rotfl:

Also, I think Lovie has also patented "I plan to work hard to get my team into the playoffs so that I can hold onto my job for another year or so. If we win something along the way, great! If not, I'm still employed!"

LombardiChick

Reaction score

I actually cringed a little at that, because it's so hard to do and I knew how people would take it - but I think that was just sort of a pep rally thing to say, and he was in the moment. I heard him say in a calmer moment that repeating is his new goal/challenge - and that's what I think is really going on in his head. A goal. A challenge. And I think he's grounded enough to know how much work/study it's going to take to get it done.

With this guy, he's been talking like this so long I have my doubts. He seems to think he can just talk his way to a Super Bowl win. I think he should just shut up and show us something, if he can.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I get that. But 1 out of 32 teams wins the Super Bowl every year. If you've been in the final 4 each of your first 2 years, there's no reason to think you can't take that next step.

Hell, at this point the odds are against them even getting back to the conference Championship game. Not many teams have been to more than 2 consecutive championship games in the past decade or so. How many did the Eagles go to before they finally made it in? 4 or 5? Hell, Buffalo went to 4 straight, won them, and lost all 4 SBs.

Nah. The Jets will be lucky to be a wild card team again next year, let alone get to the AFCCG.

:)

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Agree with this, 100%. Any coach who lets his players talk like they do ("Tom Brady? F___ him.") is kind of a POS, if you ask me.

Win something, Rex. Then talk. In that order.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are here discussing this non-issue, (It will be forgotten about in a few days/weeks or whenever) because we don't have our football on today!
Dammit!
Even though the Packers won the SB, it still feels like it's too short of a season.

C'mon Sept. Get here already so we can have other things to discuss!

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the thing is, if it was JUST him talking about going to the Super Bowl and winning, no one would care. the problem is that Rexy talks crap the entire season no matter what the outcome. The dude show's no professionalism at all...but then I haven't seen much Professionalism out of that organization since Herm Edwards was there.

LombardiChick

Reaction score
the thing is, if it was JUST him talking about going to the Super Bowl and winning, no one would care. the problem is that Rexy talks crap the entire season no matter what the outcome. The dude show's no professionalism at all...but then I haven't seen much Professionalism out of that organization since Herm Edwards was there.

Bingo.

And he just guaranteed that his team - in spite of losing the AFCCG to the team we just beat - is going to beat ANY team representing the NFC (which could be us, if things go our way) in the Super Bowl next year.

Sorry, but Fatasaurus Rex is going to have to show me that. If he wants respect, he can earn it just like anybody else.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find that amusing in the sense that he himself doesn't have to suit up and play. He hasn't beaten anyone. His players have.

If he has a personal issue with Bill Belichick or some other coach then it would be understandable for him to be obsessed with beating them.

But being obsessed at beating players he's never played against and never will?

My dad would always say, "Don't write a check with your big mouth that your *** can't cash."

He's writing a lot of those but his players have to do his bidding for him.

How brave does that really sound?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagen if Peyton didn't resign and went to the Jets. That would be a crazy team. That is the only way the Jets will win a SB.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember after the Jets-Patriots game, when the Jets were showboating like they had just won the Super Bowl? Braylon Edwards did a double backflip, others were making airplane moves. They hadn't won anything yet, yet they were acting like they were champions. That told me all I need to know about that team, that they were satisfied with beating the Patriots as their "Super Bowl." With that type of attitude, they're never going to win the biggest games.

Members online

Latest posts