Farve waiting on GB's decision?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now that GB's salary cap problems have been exposed to us, I think we can now better understand the motive behind Farve's Super Bowl or bust comment. I believe Farve knew it was this year or nothing. Likewise, I believe Sherman knew they where up against the wall as well. Many people here and on other sites suggested at the end of this season, GB should mortgage the future of the team for a year or two to entice Farve to return and give GB a chance at a SB while the team still had a Hall of Fame QB on the roster. I think what we now should realize is that's what Sherman had done over the last couple of years. That being the case, (Sherman had to know they were facing cap hell after this season), why would Sherman settle on Roman and throw money at Fergy and Harris? If indeed this past season was one last run at the SB, why wouldn't Sherman had taken all that money, and other resources if necessary, to acquire a true quality Safety instead of a 2nd or 3rd tier guy like Roman? Likewise, why not pick the most NFL ready players, CB Gamble instead or Carroll, in the draft if this was one last reach? Then again, so much of what Sherman has done hasn’t made sense. All that being said, I can't believe Farve would return to this mess unless something significantly is done to improve the Defense. I don't think having Bates on board is enough. Perhaps Farve has made no decision yet in an attempt to give GB time to work on acquiring a quality Defensive FA? I just don't know how they would sign him. Sad to say, but I think the Farve era is over.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally - there is one way, and only one way to look at this ----

Brett is tied to a contract with the Club. So, therefore he must abide by the signing of that contract, or else the Packers have ways of regaining the funding which is currently slated to go into Favre's bank account. We all know how that works, when a player pulls a no-show.. must I mention Ricky Williams?

So, in the light of having said all that --- whether Brett is "going to retire" this year is a formality statement for that decision.

In truth? Brett "doesn't" have to say anything at all. Really, he doesn't!
He MUST, however, show up when designated, by contract, to do so - and he must be in good condition, ready to play football, because that's what he signed a contract to do, ...period!

And, he could very well do exactly that - letting the ESPN know-it-all types suffer throughout the entire Spring season...
Ha, I think it would do 'em all some good.

Will he do that? Probably not - it's not, actually.... "his style".....!
Brett Favre will come around soon enough - I'll deal with whatever happens... "as it happens"...
Who says Craig Nall couldn't be the 'starting QB' for the Packers? Eh?

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the fog and confusion after the last playoff loss Favre said he would not base his decision on what the packers did in regard to personnel. When push comes to shove, I think he will base his decision on his family. This has been hagging at him even before Breanna's illness.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Beab66 said:
In the fog and confusion after the last playoff loss Favre said he would not base his decision on what the packers did in regard to personnel. When push comes to shove, I think he will base his decision on his family. This has been hagging at him even before Breanna's illness.

Deanna and his elder daughter is Britany :) Just trying to help out heh heh

I think it'd be awesome if Brett didn't tell anyone cept maybe Ted that he was coming back and didn't say a word to anyone family or media until he just showed up at camp. That'd be great lol

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I see your point slick, but I don't think him not telling anyone but TT would be awesome. I agonize everyday over whether or not I've seen the last of Brett. What would be awesome is if he told no one but TT and me.

PS. If he tells me, I'll go ahead and let you guys know.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
mattresell said:
I see your point slick, but I don't think him not telling anyone but TT would be awesome. I agonize everyday over whether or not I've seen the last of Brett. What would be awesome is if he told no one but TT and me.

PS. If he tells me, I'll go ahead and let you guys know.

LoL, nice. I know what you mean by wanting to know, but I've been coming to the conclusion I shouldn't care so much about what another man does with his life. Whether he comes back or not, I'm still a Packer fan and someone else will come in and start as QB.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While my scenario has great zeal - we all know that's just not Brett...

His steadiness is what we respect the most about him..
Even on the field during his bout with Vicoden, we knew we could always count on him...

He'll be around shortly to talk to the whole Country!

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps Farve has made no decision yet in an attempt to give GB time to work on acquiring a quality Defensive FA?

If he was waiting on the Packers organization to sign a quality defensive player in FA.......wouldn't they have done that by now? Or atleast have made a push to? like cutting someone to get us back under the cap?

Hey Slick that would be awsome to see him tell TT he was coming back and like not tell anyone till like the first game of the season.....that would be an awsome surprise :mrgreen:

OP
OP
S

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheezy, that's my point; it isn't going to happen. Yes, Brett has a number of issues w/ his family that have been tugging at him for years now which is why I couldn't see him coming back to this mess. He has enough of his own problems w/out having to deal w/ the Packers on a daily basis. That being said, I think Brett actually hurts GB's chances to sign any FA because they're not sure what he's going to do. Reading Rivera's and Whale's comments about their new teams should tell us it's not all about the money; players want a chance to win when they're putting their bodies on the line. God Bless Farve and his family; he's been a great Packer and a great professional. Hopefully, he'll make the best decision for himself and his family; he doesn't owe any of us a thing.

Members online

Latest posts