"Fans"Wanting A Staples Easy Button

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No..it was not directed at you specifically, Anubis. It was directed at those who reveret to childish name calling, and who refer to "CERTAIN PEOPLE" as if because we disagree, we are somehow happy/content to see the team flounder, if in fact that is to be the case.

The thing that makes (usually) this board fun is the variety of opinions and the lively debate. Some folks simply take it much to seriously and personally.....as if having a different opinion is somehow construed as a personal slight.

Yeah, there are some instigators on this forum...on both sides of the equation...but it seems that once some folks get agitated it is taken out on everyone else who seems to differ in opinion or the approach that the team is persuing.

Anubis....we have shared many chats and we both know where the other is coming from. For what it is worth, you are one of the most intelligent and articulate posters on this forum...in spite of the fact that I often disagree with your positions. LOL

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
krd005 said:
everyone keeps saying there was or is no one out there. So in otherwords you are saying the NFL is watered down. If these guys are this bad then why not try to improve? I'm not saying you need a high priced stud, but surly there is a guy out there that is atleast one step above what we have....we don't need a homerun a double will do just fine!

excuses are easier for some people krd

Everyone in the NFL has to start out somewhere as a rookie. If there are no decent o linemen out there, you have to try to get the best draft picks you can and try to make them into a cohesive line. I remember when Favre was running around for his life in the early 1990's, as the o line had to learn and get better. Favre made alot of plays that way. But BECAUSE he was able to make those types of plays, people tend to forget that the REASON he was running for his life was the o line wasn't so great.
There are only SO many all pro o linemen out there, then it drops off from there. Call it an "excuse".......but exactly WHO would you have put in there? WHO would you have tried to "buy" onto the team? It's easy to point fingers and say TT is cheap. But i also bet that if anyone he does sign doesn't work out, certain people will jump on that also. You can't have it both ways. The Redskins have spent MILLIONS bringing in free agents over the years, trying to BUY a Super Bowl win. What has it got them? Just cause you can buy the most expensive players doesn't guarentee a SB win.
You have to remember, there are 31 other NFL teams out there trying to get the best players too. And there are only so many great ones out there.
It's not like TT has the pick of whoever he wants. There are 31 other GM's vying for the same "studs".

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey, There were guys out there. I guess I am just supposed to have some unfounded optimism for a GM who took the Packers to a 4-12 record in a LARGE part because he failed to address the line last year. Then 2006 rolls around and we STILL do not have the problems fixed. This whole situation STINKS! We have Brett Favre for one more year and he's going to go out getting knocked on his *** because our GM can't figure out how to protect him. It's garbage.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we get it ... you hate TT.... yada yada yada... you hate the oline....yada ya.... you are a pessimist ... ya

that pretty much takes care of your post quota for the month doesnt it pyle. no thanks needed... enjoy a long vacation until the packs oline gels... becomes a solid unit and protects favre. Then you can come back for some crow.

packerfanfourever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=44.465151+-
So it was all TT fault we were 4-12 last year? maybe some of it was but their were games last year that sherman just got out coached (the viking game comes to mind) he just sat on the lead and their were others. We were in alot of games last year just to get beat my a missed field goal or extra point or a interception. but to put this all on tt is just a bunch of crap.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfanfourever said:
So it was all TT fault we were 4-12 last year? maybe some of it was but their were games last year that sherman just got out coached (the viking game comes to mind) he just sat on the lead and their were others. We were in alot of games last year just to get beat my a missed field goal or extra point or a interception. but to put this all on tt is just a bunch of crap.

All I know is we were 4-12 last year. Not acceptable. I don't remember a 4-12 season in thelast decade before TT took over A big part of that was no O-line and he still has not addressed it.

Settle for mediocrity if you must, but I choose to focus on accountability instead of excuses. TT job is to put a good product on the field, which he has not done. When and if he does, I won't make excuses but admit I was wrong. I only wish some posters on here could do the same.

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
we get it ... you hate TT.... yada yada yada... you hate the oline....yada ya.... you are a pessimist ... ya

that pretty much takes care of your post quota for the month doesnt it pyle. no thanks needed... enjoy a long vacation until the packs oline gels... becomes a solid unit and protects favre. Then you can come back for some crow.

You get the best post award for this month. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hes only been here a year and a half. how can you blame him.

thats like blaming George W. for the decling economy. wait oops bad example.

thats like blaming Pamela Andersons kids for ******. You cant help what you inherit my man. TT came in because OBVIOUSLY the organization was in a downfall managerially speaking. he recieved a crappy cap situation and is doing the best one could do to be fiscally responsible and build a classy, deep, talented, football team.

and no one is settling for mediocrity... believe me id love to be the best team every year and win the superbowl every year.... just like id love a toilet made of solid gold... but it just aint in the cards baby.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
he recieved a crappy cap situation and is doing the best one could do to be fiscally responsible and build a classy, deep, talented, football team.

Lol, now thats funny!

Fiscally responsible = by neglecting the O-Line
Classy = Cory Rodgers and a handgun
Deep = Run Liability KGB has to play + O-line doesn't have starters let alone backups
Talented = Nice to have talent and no O-Line. Kind of like a Porsche without an engine.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:
he recieved a crappy cap situation and is doing the best one could do to be fiscally responsible and build a classy, deep, talented, football team.

Lol, now thats funny!

Deep = Run Liability KGB has to play + O-line doesn't have starters let alone backups
Talented = Nice to have talent and no O-Line. Kind of like a Porsche without an engine.

Fiscally responsible means not spending money way into the future on guys like Smokin Joe Johnson, and Cletidus Hunt.

Classy - That happened after the draft, and he has not secured a roster spot yet.

Deep - KGB plays because of his contract (Please see fiscally responsible) not becasue he can stop the run. Please refer to how many Sherman draft picks remain on this team (Do you even remember Reynolds, Pyle).

Talented - Yet to be determined.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

Lol, now thats funny!

Fiscally responsible means not spending money way into the future on guys like Smokin Joe Johnson, and Cletidus Hunt.

Classy - That happened after the draft, and he has not secured a roster spot yet.

Deep - KGB plays because of his contract (Please see fiscally responsible) not becasue he can stop the run. Please refer to how many Sherman draft picks remain on this team (Do you even remember Reynolds, Pyle).

Joe Johnson? Wasn't he injury plagued? So TT should not be held responsible for Terrence Murphy because he got injured but MS should be responsible for Joe Johnson because he was? Double Talk

Classy - Yeah Rodgers incident did happen after the draft, why's he still here if TT wants CLASSY guys.

Deep - This team has no depth at the O-Line, not even capable starters. You want to replace KGB with Petersen or Montgomery? Where the hell is our safety depth. Billy Cundiff? Not even a legit NFL kicker.

Talented - If it's yet to be determined, why did you mention it?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

Lol, now thats funny!

Joe Johnson? Wasn't he injury plagued? So TT should not be held responsible for Terrence Murphy because he got injured but MS should be responsible for Joe Johnson because he was? Double Talk

Classy - Yeah Rodgers incident did happen after the draft, why's he still here if TT wants CLASSY guys.

Deep - This team has no depth at the O-Line, not even capable starters. You want to replace KGB with Petersen or Montgomery? Where the hell is our safety depth. Billy Cundiff? Not even a legit NFL kicker.

The double talk is yours my man. You picked a very weak tangent to argue there. What is the monetary difference?

I'll give your Rogers.

Why are you so sure these rookies and first year guys can't play? I don't know what they can do, but I certainly am not foolish enough to say they will not develop. Yes I do want to replace KGB with Montgomery because the first objective of any defense is to shut down the run. Safety depth as compared to Sherman's teams is solid.

Field goal kicking I am going to close my eyes every time, but I was doing that last year too.

I feel sorry for Pyle if this O-line comes together this year and produces because you are going to eat some serious plates of crow! Root for these young kids don't denegrate them.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
Packnic said:

Lol, now thats funny!

The double talk is yours my man. You picked a very weak tangent to argue there. What is the monetary difference?

I'll give your Rogers.

Why are you so sure these rookies and first year guys can't play? I don't know what they can do, but I certainly am not foolish enough to say they will not develop. Yes I do want to replace KGB with Montgomery because the first objective of any defense is to shut down the run. Safety depth as compared to Sherman's teams is solid.

Field goal kicking I am going to close my eyes every time, but I was doing that last year too.

I feel sorry for Pyle if this O-line comes together this year and produces because you are going to eat some serious plates of crow! Root for these young kids don't denegrate them.

It won't happen, I am 100% sure about this. Even if it does I win because that means the Pack will win games which ultimately I DO want. Noone is hoping these kids fail, but most are realistic enough to know these kids will struggle mightily. No, I don't think they will gel, this year or ever to be honest. I do not like them as football players and have let that be known since the draft. I remember the Daryn Colledge thread when everyone was stating how he was going to instantly come in and be effective. I got ripped because I said the guy would be benched. Seems thats exactly what happened. I'll be sure to pull it back up soon.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Lol, now thats funny!

and the award for worst post ever in the history of mankind goes to....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pyledriver80 said:
Lol, now thats funny!

Yep, Obsessed

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
pyledriver80 said:
Lol, now thats funny!

And creative!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great call... personally attack me instead of defending your lame *** argument. i think it goes something like this. ahem... TT Sucks.

we get it.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
great call... personally attack me instead of defending your lame *** argument. i think it goes something like this. ahem... TT Sucks.

we get it.

Didn't you respond to my football related post with "Worst Post Ever"

and then you say "personally attack me instead of defending your argument"

Isn't that what you just did? Hypocrite!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You guys. Stop it already. Let's get back on topic. If I wanted to read an argument I'd head on over to the Smack Area an make a fool out of mineral again. However, I don't wanna so yea let's get this back on topic! :)

Sherman was a decent coach. He had his flaws, like many coachs do.

Thompson well it's too early to really say much about him, except he doesn't seem to blow money away. (well that's right either, we don't know about Woodson just yet lol)

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
DakotaT said:
pyledriver80 said:
[quote="Packnic":mna174g7]he recieved a crappy cap situation and is doing the best one could do to be fiscally responsible and build a classy, deep, talented, football team.

Lol, now thats funny!

I'll give your Rogers.

It won't happen, I am 100% sure about this. Even if it does I win because that means the Pack will win games which ultimately I DO want. Noone is hoping these kids fail, but most are realistic enough to know these kids will struggle mightily. No, I don't think they will gel, this year or ever to be honest. I do not like them as football players and have let that be known since the draft. I remember the Daryn Colledge thread when everyone was stating how he was going to instantly come in and be effective. I got ripped because I said the guy would be benched. Seems thats exactly what happened. I'll be sure to pull it back up soon.[/quote:mna174g7]

Pyle what does winning have to do with anything in a discussion forum? I pity you buddy!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...pyle...Smokin' Joe had a LONG injury history. Murphy came to us with a clean injury slate and then got injured. How you do not understand the difference is amazing.

Must like to argue.

Members online

Latest posts