Fan reaction to no. 4 at Lambeau

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Vikings fan, you are my natural enemy, and vice versa. But lo and beold we actually agree on something--real fans stick with their team. They do not root for everyone. Nor do they migrate to which ever side seems to be prevailing at the moment.
Per chance if we were to meet in real life, we might able to get along, enjoy a drink together, albeit with some tension.
I cannot say the same thing for this other clown. I really have nothing kind or civil to say to him, or any other so-called "Packer fan" who cheers for Favre while wearing the uniform of the enemy.
As growing up where I did i was raised as a Viking fan and you were most likely raised a packer fan and thats the way it is and i can respect that. Win, lose or draw I will be a Viking fan. I would bet you feel the same way about the pack. I don't respect a Viking fan who switches or vice versa. Packer fans have alot of passion for their team and I dig that about you loyal fans of the Pack! Stick to your guns and if you waffle like hauschild and jrpacker i can't respect that.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was wondering how you know how the crowd reacts to opposing players..

Figured you you went to a lot of games there..

Since you have never been there, you really do not know how fans react to opposing players

Have you ever been to a game at Lambeau when Favre was playing against the Packers? Oh, you haven't? Then you really do not know how the fans react to Favre as a Viking.

Look it doesn't matter if I have been to a game at Lambeau or not. I haven't said a single thing about how the crowd reacts to opposing players so I don't know why you figured I went to a lot of games there. That was your incorrect and unsupported assumption.

This isn't about how the crowd reacts to opposing players in general. This is a thread about the expected crowd reaction to Favre. Some are saying Favre should be boo'd. I happen to think it doesn't show class to boo a particular player and I think more attention should be paid to Rodgers and the team than is paid to Favre. Don't try to turn this into something more. You don't agree and that's perfectly fine. Like I said, boo all you want I'm not the class police. But you are not going to convince me that booing a particular player shows class.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre-o-maniacs booed Rodgers at practice in 2008 for doing nothing except to show up. Only seems fair that Rodger's supporters would boo Favre for defecting to the Vikings. Even if in your eyes Favre did nothing wrong, at least he did SOMETHING. Most of those people who booed Rodgers will be there cheering for Brett so don't worry about him, he's a big boy even though he doesn't act like it.

When did I say Favre did nothing wrong? What makes you think I'm worried about Favre? Why would you assume I'm on Brett's side? Because I think it is not classy to boo him? I even said Packers fans should be bitter towards Favre earlier in this same thread. Apparently the only thing you (and others) see is that I disagree with booing Favre and you automatically assume I am some kind of blinded Favre lover. Then, because you think I am a Favre lover, you feel the need to create an argument over nothing. Again, if you think it is classy and fair to boo Favre then please go right ahead and boo him. I'm not worried one bit about Favre. I care more about Rodgers and showing my support for him.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did I say Favre did nothing wrong? What makes you think I'm worried about Favre? Why would you assume I'm on Brett's side? Because I think it is not classy to boo him? I even said Packers fans should be bitter towards Favre earlier in this same thread. Apparently the only thing you (and others) see is that I disagree with booing Favre and you automatically assume I am some kind of blinded Favre lover. Then, because you think I am a Favre lover, you feel the need to create an argument over nothing. Again, if you think it is classy and fair to boo Favre then please go right ahead and boo him. I'm not worried one bit about Favre. I care more about Rodgers and showing my support for him.

Where did I say that I, personally, would boo Favre. I just said that it was fair if people chose to do so. As a matter of fact, back farther in this thread, I said that silence silence would be appropriate if you still had mixed feelings, just don't cheer a Viking Quarterback.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever been to a game at Lambeau when Favre was playing against the Packers? Oh, you haven't? Then you really do not know how the fans react to Favre as a Viking.

Look it doesn't matter if I have been to a game at Lambeau or not. I haven't said a single thing about how the crowd reacts to opposing players so I don't know why you figured I went to a lot of games there. That was your incorrect and unsupported assumption.

This isn't about how the crowd reacts to opposing players in general. This is a thread about the expected crowd reaction to Favre. Some are saying Favre should be boo'd. I happen to think it doesn't show class to boo a particular player and I think more attention should be paid to Rodgers and the team than is paid to Favre. Don't try to turn this into something more. You don't agree and that's perfectly fine. Like I said, boo all you want I'm not the class police. But you are not going to convince me that booing a particular player shows class.

Stop the damn spinning

This was YOUR quote

We're not talking about booing the team, we're talking about booing one particular player. I always think it's classless to boo one particular player.

You ASSUMED you know how fans react towards any player on an opposing team

for all you know the fans there NEVER boo a player...Or they might boo every super star that has been there

you are aware Brett has been booed there before? AS A PACKER

You dont think for a minute he wont be booed as a Viking..If you think he wont get your head out of the clouds cuz he most certainly will be booed

I am not trying to debate if a boo classy because it isnt classy..In fact any sort of displeasure you voice towards anyone is not classy weather its not saying a word, nnot clapping or what ever,...It is all classless..Thats how I feel, cant tell me my opinion is wrong...

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where did I say that I, personally, would boo Favre. I just said that it was fair if people chose to do so. As a matter of fact, back farther in this thread, I said that silence silence would be appropriate if you still had mixed feelings, just don't cheer a Viking Quarterback.

And I said the same thing earlier, that Favre should not be cheered.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop the damn spinning

This was YOUR quote

You ASSUMED you know how fans react towards any player on an opposing team

for all you know the fans there NEVER boo a player...Or they might boo every super star that has been there

you are aware Brett has been booed there before? AS A PACKER

You dont think for a minute he wont be booed as a Viking..If you think he wont get your head out of the clouds cuz he most certainly will be booed

I am not trying to debate if a boo classy because it isnt classy..In fact any sort of displeasure you voice towards anyone is not classy weather its not saying a word, nnot clapping or what ever,...It is all classless..Thats how I feel, cant tell me my opinion is wrong...

Spinning? Assuming? My quote was in response to IronMan saying, …”the opposing team is booed at Lambeau every game when they are introduced.” He wanted to know if I thought that is classless. So I was distinguishing between booing the team as opposed to booing a particular player.

I didn’t assume anything. I have no doubt Brett has been booed there before as a Packer. And obviously I don’t think he won’t be booed as a Viking, it’s the point of this entire thread! If I thought he wouldn’t be boo’d why would I even offer my opinion that it would be classless to boo him?

Since you agree booing is not classy there is nothing to debate on that issue, although I personally don’t think silence or not clapping shows a lack of class. Believe me I have not tried to tell you your opinion is wrong. I have only offered my opinion. My opinion has nothing to do with how fans have reacted to players in the past, but for some strange reason you think that is pertinent to this discussion.

Members online

Latest posts