Fan reaction to no. 4 at Lambeau

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like they were doing a pretty good job of doing it.

They left after that PICK SIX. This Irish guy told me they were a little afraid when I called tehm out for cheering for a Vikings Quarterback.
That is how it should be. I have no time for frauds and imposters who cheer for a traitor like that.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its classy to have a CHILD yell to Rodgers F*** You though?

Yup that is what a "packer" fan did to him last year

So I say BOO away till your throat bleeds if you want

Bet he does not say that now. Thank GOD for Rodgers. Without him, we would be lost for ten years the way the Dolphins, Broncos, 4ers. Cowboys and others were after their HOF QBS left them.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its classy to have a CHILD yell to Rodgers F*** You though?

Yup that is what a "packer" fan did to him last year

So I say BOO away till your throat bleeds if you want

Who said that was classy? It was not classy at all and I doubt anyone would say it was. But how does that make booing Favre classy? It doesn't. You think because a CHILD showed no class Packers fans should act like children with no class. Okay, I get it now.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is booing a rival QB--particularly someone who stabbed us in the backk--distasteful. I direct you to Leroy Butler's take on this. he is all the authority and vindication I need that booing that country boy is the right thing to do.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
How is booing a rival QB--particularly someone who stabbed us in the backk--distasteful. I direct you to Leroy Butler's take on this. he is all the authority and vindication I need that booing that country boy is the right thing to do.

LOL ... please ... - Leroy Butlers take is just one among many ... - He is entitled to his opinion just like anyone else ... However, what makes Leroy Butler such an "entity" I have got to ask ?

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a lifelong Packer, he probablly takes this a lot more personal than we do, that's how.
I reallyy do not want to disucss this with you. You think it is fine to cheer for Judas even though he is playing for the Vikings. Let us just agree to disagree agreeably, before things get ugly.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
As a lifelong Packer, he probablly takes this a lot more personal than we do, that's how.
I reallyy do not want to disucss this with you. You think it is fine to cheer for Judas even though he is playing for the Vikings. Let us just agree to disagree agreeably, before things get ugly.

How long did Leroy Butler play for the Packers ? - How many seasons did Favre play ? Those are only 2 Packers out of many ...

There are other ex-Packers players out there who do NOT agree with Leroy Butler, yet you conviently do not mention those ...

Please remember that "Trust" goes both ways ... so does the definitions you are so eloquently dishing out left and right ... Just like alot of Packer Fans dislike Favre, there are also Packer Fans that still wish him well + wishing the Packers well also ...

- If you can't discuss matters in a calm courteous fashion without resorting to inflated retorics ... then perhaps you should take a step back and take a breath ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Who said that was classy? It was not classy at all and I doubt anyone would say it was. But how does that make booing Favre classy? It doesn't. You think because a CHILD showed no class Packers fans should act like children with no class. Okay, I get it now.

Not saying booing is classy at all..Sorry didnt mean to confuse anyone..

What I am saying is last year at training camp during whole Brett soap opera, there were CHILDREN or a single child tossing insults towards Rodgers, saying FU to him.

There was no where near the uproar from that as there is for the boo or not to boo debate..And that hasnt even happened yet LOL

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL, thank you for directing me to Butler's take on this, but I think I'll stick with my own take. I'm not so sure LeRoy Butler is the authority I would look to for class. The fact that he is all the authority you need in determining what is classy sure explains a lot. As for vindication, I guess I'm not looking for vindication. I'm just looking for a good Packers team.

And again, why is it all or nothing with you? Why do fans either have to cheer or boo Favre? Remaining silent is still another option, it's the classy and more mature option. It's not about right or wrong. I might be right to scream at somebody and give them the finger if they cut me off in traffic, although I wouldn't say it's the classy or mature thing to do.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, thank you for directing me to Butler's take on this, but I think I'll stick with my own take. I'm not so sure LeRoy Butler is the authority I would look to for class. The fact that he is all the authority you need in determining what is classy sure explains a lot. As for vindication, I guess I'm not looking for vindication. I'm just looking for a good Packers team.

And again, why is it all or nothing with you? Why do fans either have to cheer or boo Favre? Remaining silent is still another option, it's the classy and more mature option. It's not about right or wrong. I might be right to scream at somebody and give them the finger if they cut me off in traffic, although I wouldn't say it's the classy or mature thing to do.

I think since Butler was very good friends with Brett for a while and they did play together for at least 10 years his input means more than a guy that has only known him for a few years...

and what is the big effing deal on the booing?

If someone wants to boo so be it..Damn..

I am starting to think that remaining silent IF you can get 60000 ( rest will be Viking/Brett fans) to be quiet it will look MORE disrespectful

I will be at the game and I am going to boo...Call me a ***, call me a classless jerk...But I spent lot of money on that man and helped to pay his salary for 16 years..If I want to be classless and look like I am spiteful, so be it..

But as no one has the right to tell Brett he can't play for the Vikings, then no one sure as hell can tell me not to boo.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think since Butler was very good friends with Brett for a while and they did play together for at least 10 years his input means more than a guy that has only known him for a few years...

and what is the big effing deal on the booing?

If someone wants to boo so be it..Damn..

I am starting to think that remaining silent IF you can get 60000 ( rest will be Viking/Brett fans) to be quiet it will look MORE disrespectful

I will be at the game and I am going to boo...Call me a ***, call me a classless jerk...But I spent lot of money on that man and helped to pay his salary for 16 years..If I want to be classless and look like I am spiteful, so be it..

But as no one has the right to tell Brett he can't play for the Vikings, then no one sure as hell can tell me not to boo.

Of course someone has a right he ought not play for the Vikings. I find it icnredibly offensive. No Hall of Famer who came to personify a franchisee has ever done this. One should conlate legally cognizable rights and obligations with what is right and wrong.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Of course someone has a right he ought not play for the Vikings. I find it icnredibly offensive. No Hall of Famer who came to personify a franchisee has ever done this. One should conlate legally cognizable rights and obligations with what is right and wrong.

Eh ? ... LOL ... - How many years have you watched the NFL ? - Several names comes to mind where HoF players who came to "Personify a franchise" did in fact spend their last years playing for a rival ...

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think you would be classless at all. People make too much of a big deal about booing. Hell, not only do I boo the other team, I have at times booed the Packers when they deserved it. I booed Derrick Frost last year at Lambeau when they played Carolina. (Me and thousands of others)

It must have worked because the next day he was released.

But anyway, people are too sensitive. I will boo whoever the hell I want. Its shocking that so many Packers fans are up in arms that Packers fans would want to boo the Vikings QB. Grow a pair.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you would be classless at all. People make too much of a big deal about booing. Hell, not only do I boo the other team, I have at times booed the Packers when they deserved it. I booed Derrick Frost last year at Lambeau when they played Carolina. (Me and thousands of others)

It must have worked because the next day he was released.

But anyway, people are too sensitive. I will boo whoever the hell I want. Its shocking that so many Packers fans are up in arms that Packers fans would want to boo the Vikings QB. Grow a pair.

Hey, by all means boo til your throat bleeds. I didn't tell anybody not to boo. I simply gave my opinion that booing Favre doesn't show class. I also gave my opinion that it would mean more to the team and to Rodgers to show that your support for them outweighs your bitterness towards Favre.

I agree, people are too sensitive. Particularly those who feel hurt, offended and betrayed by a professional athlete with whom they have no personal relationship.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See my Pick a Side thread. You cannot supoort Favre and be a Packer fan right now.
Another thing, you cannot cheer for everyone, Someone has to lose. I want the Favre and the Vikings to lose, because I am a PACKER fan.

Well, I am here to tell you that I AM cheering for Minnesota and Green Bay - yes I am.

Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. But, it is what it is. When both teams played last time, I was somewhat neutral but within the first five minutes, I was solidly behind Minnesota. And, it wasn't really for any other reason than my instinct. I guess I could have remained in the closet (whoop it up kids), but that's not how I roll.

How else can I put it? I mean, I've punched holes in walls, cried, screamed, cheered wildly for the Packers ever since I can remember. This is back in the David Whitehurst days, mind you. How does one rationally explain why I now root for Minnesota? Is it something in my subconscious that is bitter about Favre not being a member of the Packers? How do you explain that phenomenon that occurs if you were to ever watch two opposing sides square off in a sporting event and within no time at all you find yourself pulling for a specific side - even when you either had no intention of cheering for either, or, you did? I'm not sure what it is, but it is real, my friends - right or wrong.

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I am here to tell you that I AM cheering for Minnesota and Green Bay - yes I am.

Maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. But, it is what it is. When both teams played last time, I was somewhat neutral but within the first five minutes, I was solidly behind Minnesota. And, it wasn't really for any other reason than my instinct. I guess I could have remained in the closet (whoop it up kids), but that's not how I roll.

How else can I put it? I mean, I've punched holes in walls, cried, screamed, cheered wildly for the Packers ever since I can remember. This is back in the David Whitehurst days, mind you. How does one rationally explain why I now root for Minnesota? Is it something in my subconscious that is bitter about Favre not being a member of the Packers? How do you explain that phenomenon that occurs if you were to ever watch two opposing sides square off in a sporting event and within no time at all you find yourself pulling for a specific side - even when you either had no intention of cheering for either, or, you did? I'm not sure what it is, but it is real, my friends - right or wrong.

Frankly, you come across as either an idiot or Corky from life goes on, because that is the sort that thinks you can cheer for everyone.
I have said my peace. I have explained how each interest is antitheticthal to each other.
Nothing can be gained from conversation on this. Our two sides will never meet. So let as agree to disagree, disagreeably.

OP
OP
S

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, you come across as either an idiot or Corky from life goes on, because that is the sort of that thinks you can cheer for everyone.
I have said my peace. I have explained how each interest is antitheticthal to each other.
Nothing can be gained from conversation on this. Our two sides will never meet. So let as agree to disagree, disagreeably.
Solid post, choose your side and stick with it. Packer fans have every right to boo. You pay your ticket price because you are there for your team. Hauschild seems to want to be on the winning side. He says he is a Viking fan and then on the same thread he looks like a Packer fan to me. I don't get it? its football and these guys get paid alot of money so booing your rival is the nature of the game. Vikings fans seem to think alot of Aaron Rodgers so I don't see him getting booed at the dome but he has no prior relationship with the Vikingsl

Lone Wolf

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Solid post, choose your side and stick with it. Packer fans have every right to boo. You pay your ticket price because you are there for your team. Hauschild seems to want to be on the winning side. He says he is a Viking fan and then on the same thread he looks like a Packer fan to me. I don't get it? its football and these guys get paid alot of money so booing your rival is the nature of the game. Vikings fans seem to think alot of Aaron Rodgers so I don't see him getting booed at the dome but he has no prior relationship with the Vikingsl

As a Vikings fan, you are my natural enemy, and vice versa. But lo and beold we actually agree on something--real fans stick with their team. They do not root for everyone. Nor do they migrate to which ever side seems to be prevailing at the moment.
Per chance if we were to meet in real life, we might able to get along, enjoy a drink together, albeit with some tension.
I cannot say the same thing for this other clown. I really have nothing kind or civil to say to him, or any other so-called "Packer fan" who cheers for Favre while wearing the uniform of the enemy.

FanOfTheGame

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The opposing team is booed at Lambeau every game when they are introduced. Do you think that is classless?

We're not talking about booing the team, we're talking about booing one particular player. I always think it's classless to boo one particular player. I don't know why anyone here is even concerned. If you think it's not classless then do it. I'm not the class police, I won't arrest you and throw you in Lambeau jail. I just happen to think it's classelss and I think fans should focus more on our own quarterback than they do on Favre.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We're not talking about booing the team, we're talking about booing one particular player. I always think it's classless to boo one particular player. I don't know why anyone here is even concerned. If you think it's not classless then do it. I'm not the class police, I won't arrest you and throw you in Lambeau jail. I just happen to think it's classelss and I think fans should focus more on our own quarterback than they do on Favre.

have you been to a game in GB?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No. Why? Would my attendance somehow make booing Favre classy?

Was wondering how you know how the crowd reacts to opposing players..

Figured you you went to a lot of games there..

Since you have never been there, you really do not know how fans react to opposing players

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. Why? Would my attendance somehow make booing Favre classy?

Favre-o-maniacs booed Rodgers at practice in 2008 for doing nothing except to show up. Only seems fair that Rodger's supporters would boo Favre for defecting to the Vikings. Even if in your eyes Favre did nothing wrong, at least he did SOMETHING. Most of those people who booed Rodgers will be there cheering for Brett so don't worry about him, he's a big boy even though he doesn't act like it.

Members online

Latest posts