Fan Fest

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know! It makes me glad to see them eat those tickets. REAL fans had a hard enough time getting tickets without these "get rich quick" people trying to make a fast buck.
Maybe from now on only those that REALLY want them will be able to get them.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know! It makes me glad to see them eat those tickets. REAL fans had a hard enough time getting tickets without these "get rich quick" people trying to make a fast buck.

The real problem is there are enough morons out there willing to give their money away. If it was easy money I'd have Fan Fest tickets on eBay myself. Sometimes the tables are turned, though, the morons are the ones who bought extra tickets thinking it was going to be easy are the suckers this time around.

That's another reason why I didn't buy a ticket this year. :) Not going on Friday was one reason, confidence in getting a ticket for less than face value was the other. :D

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

The real problem is there are enough morons out there willing to give their money away. If it was easy money I'd have Fan Fest tickets on eBay myself. Sometimes the tables are turned, though, the morons are the ones who bought extra tickets thinking it was going to be easy are the suckers this time around.

That's another reason why I didn't buy a ticket this year. :) Not going on Friday was one reason, confidence in getting a ticket for less than face value was the other. :D
The first year of Fan Fest (2 years ago) they were selling for $200-$300 each. I talked to some rich guys at the fest that paid that much for them. (The guy showed me a picture of "his and hers" BMW's he had, with Packer plates on them.) Back then i think the tickets face value was only $55. Now ebay seems to be flooded with tickets. I know there are a few legit sellers, that either had a family member that can't go, or had a relative also order so that hopefully one of them would get tickets, so i don't mean those types of sellers. But the ones that you SEE are ticket scalpers. I don't feel sorry for them at all.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it is like the last two years friday is all the coaches and you are sure to get their autos,and who they have i have there autos so i think i will wait till traing camp starts

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if it is like the last two years friday is all the coaches and you are sure to get their autos,and who they have i have there autos so i think i will wait till traing camp starts
They haven't really given much of a list yet on who will even be there. They only have 3 players listed so far. I don't know if Favre, Starr, or any other big name players will be there. I do have alot of autographs, but i would like to get some on some of the photos i have taken. To me, that makes it even more special when it's a one of a kind autograph.
But i still don't know WHICH pictures to bring along. I want to get my stuff together, and can't yet, cause i don't know who will be there. I think they are waiting WAY too long to let us know. Heck, it's only 17 days from now.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tickets are going for less than face value on eBay now. Hopefully the bottom feeders get tickets quick and clear out, leaving the bottomest bottom feeder of all (me) left.

I'm not gonna pay a lot for that ticket if I can only go for one day. :)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tickets are going for less than face value on eBay now. Hopefully the bottom feeders get tickets quick and clear out, leaving the bottomest bottom feeder of all (me) left.

I'm not gonna pay a lot for that ticket if I can only go for one day. :)
And according to what it says on the Packer site, some of the people will get a autograph ticket for ONE sig on friday, with the other 3 saturday. The rest will have all 4 for saturday.
So you may still pick up some good autographs.
I have been watching ebay too, and you are right. Most are going for under face value.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And according to what it says on the Packer site, some of the people will get a autograph ticket for ONE sig on friday, with the other 3 saturday. The rest will have all 4 for saturday.

I had called the Packers, it's my understanding you get your 4 autograph cards all at once. So if I show up on Saturday I doubt if I will get autographs because whoever will have cashed them in when they arrived on Friday.

I could be wrong, I don't think the person I talked to connected with me very well.

I've been working the sellers on eBay, they've been quite the jerks, but it's because they're still in denial as to what they can sell the tickets for. The smart ones are selling for no reserve and getting a little over $100/pair now which is a bargain. Way too much for what I want to spend, just need one ticket.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SCORE!

My grubby, dirty fingers are right now holding one Packer Fan Fest ticket. Got it through a guy on eBay, cost me all of $30. :D

I met the guy briefly since we live in the same area, nice guy, almost felt bad for him losing money on the whole thing. But I've been in the scalper pit many times, no one does anyone favors in there so I guess that's just the way it is.

Regardless, look for me at Fan Fest on Saturday. :D Maybe I can make it for a few hours Friday night. We'll se. :)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SCORE!

My grubby, dirty fingers are right now holding one Packer Fan Fest ticket. Got it through a guy on eBay, cost me all of $30. :D

I met the guy briefly since we live in the same area, nice guy, almost felt bad for him losing money on the whole thing. But I've been in the scalper pit many times, no one does anyone favors in there so I guess that's just the way it is.

Regardless, look for me at Fan Fest on Saturday. :D Maybe I can make it for a few hours Friday night. We'll se. :)
Congrats!
I'll be there. I have LONG blonde hair, and a small mustache and wear glasses. If you see me, come on up and say "HI!"
Hope to meet ya!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have LONG blonde hair, and a small mustache and wear glasses. If you see me, come on up and say "HI!"
Hope to meet ya!

That sure doesn't match the guy in the avatar.

Long blond hair and a mustache...? That could be either male or female... ;)

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I have LONG blonde hair, and a small mustache and wear glasses. If you see me, come on up and say "HI!"
Hope to meet ya!

That sure doesn't match the guy in the avatar.

Long blond hair and a mustache...? That could be either male or female... ;)
You can't tell in that pic...........my hair is very long in the back. Sometimes i have it in a ponytail (i did on that day) Plus, it isn't a real good pic of me.
I noticed that Ahman Green's name was taken off the list of players who will be at Fan Fest. I guess now that he's a TEXAN, it wouldn't make much sense for him to be there.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw 2 tickets sell for $82 on ebay.
Another one is a buy it now price of $32.99
I think IF i try to go next year, i might just go to ebay. It would have been alot cheaper.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can't tell in that pic...........my hair is very long in the back.

I'm pretty much a generic face in the crowd. But I'll be alone and will have a camera case over the shoulder and progably snapping away if there are any photo ops. Another way to recognize me is to look for a guy who offends people with no brains or sense of humor. :twisted:

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You can't tell in that pic...........my hair is very long in the back.

I'm pretty much a generic face in the crowd. But I'll be alone and will have a camera case over the shoulder and progably snapping away if there are any photo ops. Another way to recognize me is to look for a guy who offends people with no brains or sense of humor. :twisted:
Man.....with 3500 people there, you will fit right in!!!LOL! :rotflmao:
I'll have an "American Tourister" bag with all my stuff in it. (Pictures i want to try to get autographed, my camera, etc.)
Me......i have brains AND a sense of humor..........and i offend people anyhow!!! :rotflmao:

Latest posts