Fan Fest

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
eBay has been strange. Some are paying more. Some a little less. One auction looks like it had no bids and was virtually listed at face value.

There were a couple fools who paid too much but for the most part I think the sellers are sweating out just trying to get their money back. Looks like most auctions are selling for close to face value. A few morons in denial are selling for outrageous prices, good luck to them. (Ha!)

I was hoping for many auctions and few buyers like last year but I think too many sellers learned a hard lesson and only signed up for tickets they will actually use this time around.

It was my goal to get a single ticket at half price since I can only go on Saturday but I don't think I will be able to do that via eBay. Time to start making a NEED TICKETS sign and showing up early Saturday morning.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's really screwy this year. Now, when you go in, they give you your program and four autograph tickets with listed times on them. So it looks like the most autos you can get now is 4. And if you get tickets for players you already have, you can trade them in a designated area. (No selling allowed). I don't like this set up at all. What if the 4 you get are all average players, no "stars"? While someone else gets all good ones? And WHO is gonna trade a good player for a so so one? You can't even stand in line and at least get some other autographs. (At least you could before).
The first year, i got no "star" players, while i saw 2 people get both Bart Starr AND Brett Favre. At least i was able to get several sigs.
Last year, the "star" players i got were not great.
They had Starr, Favre, Paul Hornung, Max McGee, Jerry Kramer..........and I didn't get ONE of them.
I hope I get at least a good one to make up for the lack of numbers.
I wonder if Favre will be there? So far they only have Kampman, Ahman Green, and Nick Barnett listed.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre was there last year? I don't think so?

The first year was very unfair. I also saw a number of people getting all the stars while I didn't get anything. We were 12 people away from Don Majkowski before they whisked him away.

Last year the "star" I got was Gilbert Brown but I did get another one, it was the duo one, I forget who the two were but I think they were Max McGee and Hornung. I traded it for Bart Starr, I happened to be in line with someone who had two Starrs. Last year there were a lot of people with multiple tickets, they bought extras for friends thinking they would want them or had hoped to sell them on eBay. Either way, they ate the cost of the tickets but got a lot of the premium autographs. Ron Wolf was also a "star" last year.

Seems evil to not give Gilbert and Wolf "star" status. ;)

Last year Paul Hornung stayed to sign for everyone even if they didn't draw his name so that mihgt be a possibility if he comes this year. I didn't get it because I didn't want to stand in line.

Either way, I think the real fun is the seminars. Last year the equipment manager gave a talk and it was actually very entertaining and fascinating.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I know someone who has tickets at face value if anyone is interested..send me a pm

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

not sure if it was last year or not..but my brother got Bretts name on his card he pulled..Had him sign a seat from the old county stadium..And it was a number 4 seat..

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know someone who has tickets at face value if anyone is interested..send me a pm

I'll buy a ticket for half-price since I can't go on Friday. I doubt if your friend will consider that, at least for now. It might be an attractive offer two weeks from now if he's unable to get full price for them.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I'll buy a ticket for half-price since I can't go on Friday. I doubt if your friend will consider that, at least for now. It might be an attractive offer two weeks from now if he's unable to get full price for them.

No friday date? just sat and sunday

The schedule for Fan Fest on March 9 will be from 3 to 10 p.m., with a kickoff event at 4 p.m. On March 10, Fan Fest will run from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.

Tickets include, in addition to entrance to the two-day event, admission to the Packers Hall of Fame and a tour through the Packers locker room. Children 3-and-under enter free and do not require a ticket. Parking for the event is free.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/02/14/2/

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The first year was very unfair. I also saw a number of people getting all the stars while I didn't get anything. We were 12 people away from Don Majkowski before they whisked him away.

Last year the "star" I got was Gilbert Brown but I did get another one, it was the duo one, I forget who the two were but I think they were Max McGee and Hornung. I traded it for Bart Starr, I happened to be in line with someone who had two Starrs. Last year there were a lot of people with multiple tickets, they bought extras for friends thinking they would want them or had hoped to sell them on eBay. Either way, they ate the cost of the tickets but got a lot of the premium autographs. Ron Wolf was also a "star" last year.

Seems evil to not give Gilbert and Wolf "star" status. ;)

Last year Paul Hornung stayed to sign for everyone even if they didn't draw his name so that mihgt be a possibility if he comes this year. I didn't get it because I didn't want to stand in line.

Either way, I think the real fun is the seminars. Last year the equipment manager gave a talk and it was actually very entertaining and fascinating.
Yeah....your right.....Favre wasn't there last year. He was still in the "will he won't he" mode then.
I know Hornung stayed to sign, but i believe he charged like $40 an autograph. I didn't have the extra money to get him. I got Gilbert Brown as my "biggee" last year. Kind of a letdown. I have yet to get any REAL good ones. No Starr, or Favre, or anyone. I really wanted Max McGee last year, but no luck. I did get Don Majkowski to sign a pic i took of him in 1990, which was neat. He really enjoyed seeing the old photo. He said "Where did you get this?" I told him i took it at practice. He said"Man, i was YOUNG then!"

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, that reminds me. I got Doug Pederson's autograph, not a big deal, his was a short line.

But I had his nameplate from his locker and he signed that for me. Now THAT is a unique piece for my pile of "stuff." :D

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, that reminds me. I got Doug Pederson's autograph, not a big deal, his was a short line.

But I had his nameplate from his locker and he signed that for me. Now THAT is a unique piece for my pile of "stuff." :D
How the heck did you get his nameplate???
Me.....i take lots of pictures at practice when i get up there. I have a GREAT one of Donald Driver that i want to get signed......IF he is there, and IF i get his ticket. (Lotsa luck on that, hey?)
I try to put together things i hope to get signed, and i can't understand why only 3 weeks from the event they can't give us a much more detailed list of who is gonna be there. They HAVE to have a better list then just 3 players this close to the Fest.
I don't know, it seems to me they change it every year, and to me, the changes arn't necessarily making it better.
I must not be the only one. On their web site, i noticed that the demand for tickets has dropped like a rock since the first year they had it. This year they only had 1400 requests, and about 1000 got their tickets.
The first year the demand was so high that it screwed up their phone system. The only reason i got my ticket that year was i drove up to their ticket office and waited in line. and it was COLD!!!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nameplates are thrown out in the Packer Pro Shop Tent Sale every few years. The "big" names, those are donated for charity but it can be surprising who you can get. I got my hands on them twice; they had more out last year but I didn't take any. There's a point at which "stuff" turns into "junk," y' know?

I knew better than to sit at work and try to get through on the phone the first year so I asked my parents to go stand in line. Mom said that was screwed up, if you wrote a check to pay for the tickets you had to fill out a form so it took a long time for everyone to fill it out. They should have passed them out so they'd be completed once the person got to the window.

I still want to know where all these fans are that wanted this thing on Friday and not Sunday.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The nameplates are thrown out in the Packer Pro Shop Tent Sale every few years. The "big" names, those are donated for charity but it can be surprising who you can get. I got my hands on them twice; they had more out last year but I didn't take any. There's a point at which "stuff" turns into "junk," y' know?

I knew better than to sit at work and try to get through on the phone the first year so I asked my parents to go stand in line. Mom said that was screwed up, if you wrote a check to pay for the tickets you had to fill out a form so it took a long time for everyone to fill it out. They should have passed them out so they'd be completed once the person got to the window.

I still want to know where all these fans are that wanted this thing on Friday and not Sunday.
How much did they charge for the nameplate?
I stood in line the first year. Fortunatly for me, i was prepared and dressed in me full deer hunting outfit. And it STILL was cold! I did it by check, and it was pretty fast as i recall. The ones that had the main problem was the ones using charge cards. The Packers charge machines went down, so the omes using the cards had to fill out all the stuff on the form (like you said) and then the Packers would mail the tickets once they got conformation that the numbers were legit.
Me, i worte a check, and got my ticket right away! I still had to stand in line for well over an hour and a half though.
And the early start on Friday will mess it up for alot of people. That might be why alot less people tried for tickets.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta remember how lucky you are Cheesy. Reading all this makes me jelous but it's just to far to come for FAn FEst and a gameeach year. Is Fan Fest so great you'ld recomend skipping a game one year to do that instead? I did get Paul Hornung's autograph at a game 2 years ago, other then that sigs are hard to come by for me and just buying it isn't the same

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go to a game first before going to Fan Fest.

Cheese, the nameplates were $2 each the last time I saw them on sale.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You gotta remember how lucky you are Cheesy. Reading all this makes me jelous but it's just to far to come for FAn FEst and a gameeach year. Is Fan Fest so great you'ld recomend skipping a game one year to do that instead? I did get Paul Hornung's autograph at a game 2 years ago, other then that sigs are hard to come by for me and just buying it isn't the same
Oh, i DO appreciate being able to travel to GB when i want to. I don't take that for granted.
I REALLY enjoyed the first Fan Fest. That was the one where it opened with Brett Favre coming out and saying he was coming back for another year. The place ERUPTED! Also, I met Trippster there, and he made it a REAL party!
Now, with the changes for this year, i don't know how it's gonna be. The real nice thing is, at Fan Fest, you get to tour the Packer locker room, which this event is the only time the public gets to do this. They have 3 Super Bowl trophys on display in the Packer Hall of Fame, but they are only replicas. The REAL ones are at the entrance of the locker room, where the players have to pass them everytime they go in. So it's neat to see the REAL ones.
They also have some neat things, like "You call the play", where you get to pick a certain play from the Packer's past, and you have a mike and headphones, and YOU do the play by play. I did the Monday night Antonio Freeman overtime catch off his back last year. They put in on a DVD for you to take home. (It was the whole last drive). And it was free, so that was nice too. If you have money to spend, there are lots of neat things to buy. Plus lots of info from the trainers and stuff.
I guess you would have to decide if it's something you would want to do. It's VERY different then a game, and i think it would be something quite unique for you to expierience.
Oh.....and it IS neat to be able to get up and close with Packer players, current and from the past. I got some GREAT photos of Bart Starr, Hornung, Max McGee, Jerry Kramer, and many current players at Fan Fest. Even if i didn't have their autograph ticket, they still allowed you to stand somewhat close to the table and get some photos.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd go to a game first before going to Fan Fest.

Cheese, the nameplates were $2 each the last time I saw them on sale.
Wow......$2? I REALLY have to check out the next time they have a sale. Thats a pretty neat thing to have! Even if it's only Pederson!

Yesterday wasn't so good..........my wife "limped" home with the car. Something is wrong with it, and hopefully it's nothing major. It's at the mechanic now, and hopefully we can get it fixed before Fan Fest, or i might be screwed. There's 3 weeks till the fest, so hopefully we can get it repaired.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got somewhat lucky. Turns out it was the timing belt, which we had changed last summer. So that was still under warrenty. We needed a tune up and new battery and oil change, so my wife got it all done. So looks like my GB trip is still on! :thumbsup: :cheerleader:

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reading the comments on another message board, it seems as if a lot of people are disgruntled about the changes in fan fest this year. I have never been to one, and I don't know if Iwould spend the money on a CHANCE to get an autograph from a player.

We are leaving next Thursday for a cruise through fuzzy's tour program, and we will be getting several players from the SB autograph. They are: Don Beebe, Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks, Frank Winters, and Gilbert Brown. And we are definitely assured of getting their autographs. They are not allowed to give anyone else on the ship their autographs--just the people who signed up for the cruise.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Reading the comments on another message board, it seems as if a lot of people are disgruntled about the changes in fan fest this year. I have never been to one, and I don't know if Iwould spend the money on a CHANCE to get an autograph from a player.

We are leaving next Thursday for a cruise through fuzzy's tour program, and we will be getting several players from the SB autograph. They are: Don Beebe, Antonio Freeman, Robert Brooks, Frank Winters, and Gilbert Brown. And we are definitely assured of getting their autographs. They are not allowed to give anyone else on the ship their autographs--just the people who signed up for the cruise.
Yeah, i can believe people are disgruntled. I stood in lines for autographs, but at least i DID get some. Now i will only get 4. If they are GOOD ones it won't be so bad, but it's a pretty big "if".

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot to add, we get to have a cocktail party with them and also have our pictures taken with them. We also have a question and answer session with them. Can't wait, but guess I'll have to.

OP
OP
C

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOLOLOL!!! Now THAT i LIKE!!!
Obviously you made that "ticket" up yourself! (Good job!)
Did you also make up the tickets for the Vikings "Love Boat" tour??? :rotflmao:
Hey Carol...........have a cocktail for me when your on the cruise! I know I'll never get to go on one of those! (I don't think i could handle the movement of the ship anyway!)

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

There are better things to do at Fan Fest other than standing in line for autographs.

The auctions on eBay, they are starting to drop off without bids, and those are the ones selling for face value.

Since a ticket gets a one time set of lottery tickets for autographs, I'm probably going to lower my asking price for a ticket when I show up on Saturday as I'm sure whatever ticket I get will have been used for the goodies. I don't really need to go through the locker room as I've already been through that but that will lower my asking price even more if the ticket is punched for already doing that.

This may work out perfect for a cheapskate bargain hunter like me. :) Well, it does help not being able to go on Friday. And there are way too many people who keep buying extra ticketds thinking they're like gold. :thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts