Family helping family

skp722

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mom was a loyal, crazed Packers fan despite living most of her life in a small town near Chicago (yes, of course, prime Bears country - that fact only fueled her love for the Packers). I don't think her interest began until I married a guy who grew up with his three brothers in Manitowoc, WI, virtually in the shadow of Green Bay. And did I mention my father-in-law, whose pitching arm got him an invitation from the White Sox to try out? He told me that story countless times; I could have listened forever. But his father didn't allow it; his son was needed on the family farm. So he settled in Manitowoc after catching the prettiest girl he'd ever see, and he worked in a local factory, lived in a much-loved farm house out in the country, and life was good - especially his delight and adoration of the four boys he taught to play anything that could be played with a baseball or a football. I won't give him credit for raising those boys; he worked long hours, and his lovely bride took on the work of teaching those boys the golden rule, proper manners and right from wrong but also ended up full-time disciplinarian. When Dad finally returned from work (if he couldn't grab a double shift), you can bet he was tired. But he was also #1 when it came to fun with those boys. He loved them and never hesitated to tell them or show them. It was a mutual admiration societyJ. They didn't go out for fun; Lake Michigan was maybe 3 miles away; didn't need it. Going outside after supper in the evening; working in the garden and playing ball on the weekends (after church and a big Sunday dinner); they were happy being together. The Packers were just part of life. I'd have to say my husband (#2 of those 4) had heroes who were also members of his family: the Packers came in second to his mom & dad, but I do believe he knows every statistic from every game - not just those first championship games, no, he remembers everything about the teams who had the gall to show up & try to beat the Packers. I married him in 1978 - he was 30 at the time, me a mere child of 29, and I had the great good luck of giving birth to a 10 lb boy we called Matthew. I believe the one part of being his mom I never got used to was (and my reaction hasn't changed, much to my disgust and my son's total delight) was the shock of seeing all manners of orbs go flying past my face at a distance of anywhere from an inch to a foot from my nose so much faster than I ever could prepare myself for. I jump and scream, barely registering the laughter in the background. Yes, I do a lot to keep my boy happy, which pretty much brings me to my point. On the occasion of the first stock offering, my husband and I bought a share for my mom. She was delighted with it, had it framed and hung prominently, where everyone (especially those Bears fans). When she died, a ton of unpleasant feelings erupted among my siblings. I don't think I even remembered that share of stock at the time or until this second offering. But now I want that share. There's no dispute; even my sister (the executor of the will) doesn't care about it since it's worth can only be measured In love. Does anyone know anyone who might be able to help me with this? It was not specified in the will. And I want it - for myself and my family. That's how my mom would want it, too. I don't even know if this is the right way to approach it - I'm tired and sick with a pneumonia that doesn't want to shake loose. I know Wells Fargo is handling the current offering, but as I said, I'm pretty much sick & tired of being sick & tired, so I thought I'd go to the family first - my fellow fans. Thanks for listening.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice background, ty for sharing

I do not know how we can help..You are asking if you can get that 1st share?S

Since you bought it for your mom there should be no reason why anyone else but you gets it...Your siblings should know since you bought it, you should get it back

OP
OP
S

skp722

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice background, ty for sharing

I do not know how we can help..You are asking if you can get that 1st share?S

Since you bought it for your mom there should be no reason why anyone else but you gets it...Your siblings should know since you bought it, you should get it back

Latest posts