Falcons fan: Just came by to congratulate you guys...

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is what I posted on our MB...

There will be a hundred threads and a thousand posts on why we lost, particular plays, etc., but when you get past the excuses and the griping, the only thing that is left is, Green Bay walked in here and kicked our buttts up and down the field all day. We weren't physical. We didn't seem interested in playing. We walked onto the field, just like the Detroit game last year, and we thought we had to just show up to win.

Congratulations to the Packers. They earned every bit of this win. The Falcons get no silver linings, no props, no nothing from me this week, because they took a vacation this week and might've cost themselves not only HFA, but they have put their playoff hopes in danger considering the state of contenders in the NFC.

If they come out with their heads up their collective ***** next week, we'll be in for more of the same...

You guys deserved to win that game. If we had come back, it would've been a fluke. We got beat on nearly every play, and you guys punched us in the mouth all day long.

Have a good rest of your season. You've got some good players on that team...

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks Thanatos, it just didn't look like Vick had it together for some reason today. Better luck on the rest of your season!

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
Thanks Thanatos, it just didn't look like Vick had it together for some reason today. Better luck on the rest of your season!

Yeah, I don't know what his problem was. I know he's okay physically, but I wonder if he was sick (flu?) or something.

At any rate, that's no excuse. There are 11 guys on defense who didn't show up, and our OL got crushed most of the day. We looked like the 1-7 team. That's what a team gets for looking past the current opponent to a division game (we have Tampa) coming up next week...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most of the Packer fans are aware that that wasn't Atlanta's "A" game. THe Pack were fortunate to be playing well on a weekend when the Falcons were napping a bit.

Good luck this season, though!

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it true that they told Vick to tone down the running he was doing and try to rely more on his passing? He's one of the QB's I like to watch BECAUSE of how he plays....let him run if need be,don't try to fix what's not broken.

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wischeez said:
Is it true that they told Vick to tone down the running he was doing and try to rely more on his passing? He's one of the QB's I like to watch BECAUSE of how he plays....let him run if need be,don't try to fix what's not broken.

I don't think that's the case. If it was, he'd probably ignore them and run anyway, lol. They didn't come to play today. The didn't seem to care if they won or not. It was zero-effort versus 100% effort on you guys' part, and the result was easy enough to see...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too have often wondered about Vick running...it seems like him passing is hurting the team...not so much because he's has marginal passing skills, but becuase he's depriving the team of his phenomenal and seemingly unstopable running skills.

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I think most of the Packer fans are aware that that wasn't Atlanta's "A" game. THe Pack were fortunate to be playing well on a weekend when the Falcons were napping a bit.

Good luck this season, though!

Thanks. Well, however it slices up, winning in the NFL is hard enough for any of us. Not coming out to play a game is inexcusable. I'm a three decade Falcons fan, and it is seldom I've been this digusted by my team's effort during a game. That's saying alot considering our luck over the years, lol...

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
I too have often wondered about Vick running...it seems like him passing is hurting the team...not so much because he's has marginal passing skills, but becuase he's depriving the team of his phenomenal and seemingly unstopable running skills.

Well his running numbers have been down a bit this year because of his hammy and knee injuries. I try not to read too much into particular games with him. It's best with him to just look at the big picture. That's the mistake the media makes with him. They harp on everything he does til it makes even me sick sometimes...

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you thantos. What a nice thing to do. As a Pack fan, I really appreciate that you took the time to come and congratulate us. Thanks again, and hopefully, you will win your game next week.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Awesome that every team in the north won today. It won't help us catch the bears but it was a nice treat for all those that keep saying "worse division in the nfl".

Members online

Latest posts