1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Falcons fan: Just came by to congratulate you guys...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Thanatos, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Here is what I posted on our MB...

You guys deserved to win that game. If we had come back, it would've been a fluke. We got beat on nearly every play, and you guys punched us in the mouth all day long.

Have a good rest of your season. You've got some good players on that team...
  2. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thanatos, it just didn't look like Vick had it together for some reason today. Better luck on the rest of your season!
  3. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. That was a very surprising win to me. Beautiful win.
  4. Thanatos

Thanatos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I don't know what his problem was. I know he's okay physically, but I wonder if he was sick (flu?) or something.

At any rate, that's no excuse. There are 11 guys on defense who didn't show up, and our OL got crushed most of the day. We looked like the 1-7 team. That's what a team gets for looking past the current opponent to a division game (we have Tampa) coming up next week...
  5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think most of the Packer fans are aware that that wasn't Atlanta's "A" game. THe Pack were fortunate to be playing well on a weekend when the Falcons were napping a bit.

Good luck this season, though!
  6. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is it true that they told Vick to tone down the running he was doing and try to rely more on his passing? He's one of the QB's I like to watch BECAUSE of how he plays....let him run if need be,don't try to fix what's not broken.
  7. Thanatos

Thanatos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that's the case. If it was, he'd probably ignore them and run anyway, lol. They didn't come to play today. The didn't seem to care if they won or not. It was zero-effort versus 100% effort on you guys' part, and the result was easy enough to see...
  8. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I too have often wondered about Vick running...it seems like him passing is hurting the team...not so much because he's has marginal passing skills, but becuase he's depriving the team of his phenomenal and seemingly unstopable running skills.
  9. Thanatos

Thanatos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Well, however it slices up, winning in the NFL is hard enough for any of us. Not coming out to play a game is inexcusable. I'm a three decade Falcons fan, and it is seldom I've been this digusted by my team's effort during a game. That's saying alot considering our luck over the years, lol...
  10. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    You guys still have the DVD combo, lots more wins in your future......
  11. Thanatos

Thanatos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well his running numbers have been down a bit this year because of his hammy and knee injuries. I try not to read too much into particular games with him. It's best with him to just look at the big picture. That's the mistake the media makes with him. They harp on everything he does til it makes even me sick sometimes...
  12. carol k

carol k Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you thantos. What a nice thing to do. As a Pack fan, I really appreciate that you took the time to come and congratulate us. Thanks again, and hopefully, you will win your game next week.
  13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    Good games to both teams. Brent came out on top though!
  14. wischeez

wischeez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What a guy that Brent is........
  15. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Awesome that every team in the north won today. It won't help us catch the bears but it was a nice treat for all those that keep saying "worse division in the nfl".