Falcons and Eagles: Keeping up with the Pack

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I will take the Saints over both of them.

Face it, look at Atlanta's schedule last year.
Who wouldn't win 13 games blowing out Arizona, San Francisco, Cincinatti, Cleveland, Seattle, and St. Louis.
They were also just a missed field goal in OT from being swept by New Orleans.

If the Falcons were really as good as their record, they would not have given up 40 points to us and went star struck playing a bigger better Packer team.

There is no way they will be winning 13 games this year with that kind of schedule they have. I would take New Orleans before I took Atlanta as an NFC favorite cause the Saints have already been there and won it, I am still waiting for the Falcons to show up in the playoffs without blowing it like last year.

Eagles on the other hand, are the media darlings this year. They are the Miami Heat of the NFL, without the big bad ****** bag that everyone hates cause he's really a big ****** bag.

I think they will be 10-6 this year, but not living up to expectations.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, not sure where all the Falcons' love comes from. Real quick, when is the last time the Falcons won a playoff game?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tough call to make. They might be a close knit bunch back there with the Falcons, Eagles and I'll throw in the Saints to echo Bogart. So much is up in the air with the Eagles, there is so much that is unknown that has yet to be discovered. My feelings are the Saints are going to be strong, but could fall to either the Eagles or Falcons come playoff time.

But back to the question of the thread, if I had to pick the Eagles or Falcons, I'd actually pick the Eagles. I think even with all that uncertainty, they will still be stronger than the Falcons and maybe even the Saints.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I hate to have to do this, but if you think Matt Ryan can actually win the NFCCG then you need to wtach this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyd92DOVo6w&feature=player_embedded]Matt Ryan - Preseason flyover @ Jacksonvillle - YouTube[/ame]

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles were THIS close to beating us in the playoff game. We were pretty lucky to win that one.
We anhialated Atlanta.

I choose Philly.
Atlanta won't have the #1 seed either as NO and TB are tough, and their schedule is tougher than last year.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles on the other hand, are the media darlings this year. They are the Miami Heat of the NFL, without the big bad ****** bag that everyone hates cause he's really a big ****** bag.

Wait, they got rid of Vick? When did that happen?

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the Eagles. They're more explosive on offense compared to Atlanta. Defense I'd say is tied between the two. Atlanta stops the run better since Philadelphia appears to be undersized DL and LB then again Philadelphia has the much better secondary.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say Philly is much more of a threat. I just don't think Atlanta is all that good. I mean we flat out destroyed them in the playoffs, and Philly almost came back and beat us. I just feel like Atlanta's D really isn't that great, and their offense is just a **** and dunk and win by a field goal every game type offense.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I think it's Philly, then New Orleans and then Atlanta. I believe the article points to these two teams because the Packers beat them in the playoffs last year.
And that's admitting we still don't know how Philadelphia is going to mesh. They still have a ton of talent.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Anybody still buying into the hype?
Nope, Vick may be out and Atlanta is still getting its ducks in a row. I would rather versus the Saints than the Buccaneers, and would love to see A-Rod take down the Giants again.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
So far it looks like the Lions, then I'd say the Saints, but the Bucs do look tough. Eagles? Broken wing. Falcons? Grounded.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did NYG
Nothing against the other teams but as long as we have home field through out the playoffs, no one concerns me.

did NYG concern you in 07'? Just sayin' bro!.. and it's kinda weird, but we play better in indoor stadiums. Oh well... I'd like home field in the playoffs as well.

cheeseheadfanatic87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amazing how the Falcons, and Eagles are doing horrible right now. To be honest I wish the Eagles we're 3-0... because everybody on ESPN would be talking about how great the Eagles are, instead of the limelight on the Packers.

I am surprised by the Falcons though, Ryan is having a horrible season so far. I am glad though, because I hate the Falcons!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Here is the Falcons offensive playbook. Short - medium pass to Roddy White. Handoff to Michael Turner. Some off the wall play that doesn't work with Julio Jones. Short to medium pass to Tony Gonzalez. They are easy to figure out. Eagles are a bigger threat.

lookoutblock

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree about the Falcons schedule last year. If you look at them on offense they have a lot of good players, but not great-elite ones outside of White. I'm still not sold on "Matty Ice" being anything more than solid.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That's the Falcons for ya. The most overrated team in the NFC.

According to how great they were last season, they should have beat our skulls in, but the opposite happened.

I told you guys from day 1. They were a missed field goal in OT from being swept by New Orleans.

Their schedule was so easy last year, but now with a tougher schedule, they bleed their real colors.

I seriously believe the Pack set the blue print to destroying them when they man handled them in the playoffs. Those blitzes had them thrown off guard, and once you shut down their running game, Matty Ice will start forcing the ball to Gonzalez and Roddy White. Like the Saints beat them, all you gotta do is shut down the tight end, and then the running game. After that they are panic mode into hurry up offense.

Members online

Latest posts