Fake Favre signs autographs in Green Bay

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Since agent Bus Cook thinks “retired” quarterback Brett Favre is Elvis, it’s fitting that football’s version of the King now has an impersonator. Per the Green Bay Press-Gazette, a man who looks like Favre has been showing up and signing autographs.* The guy even wears a Favre jersey.* (The Packers version, not the Vikings.* Or…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i met this imposter last March 2011... He was at local Mardi Gras in Tampa. He was wearing a Vikings hat and was signing autographs. He really does look like Favre, especially from the side profile.

Attachments

• brett favre and tarf.jpg
    brett favre and tarf.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 152

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna go all MM up in here and throw the red flag. I'm sure this bozo is just trying to have fun and doesn't mean any harm, but at what point do you draw the line? I'm not trying to be funny, but what if he asks for somebody's number and the fool(s) gives it to him? My first response to this thread was to laugh, but my second response was one of disturbance. I don't want to kill anyone's buzz, but I'd be weary of this. Too many freaks in this world and too many very gullible people lead to a possibly dangerous mix. I'm also going to stick up for the real Favre here. Nobody should be running around impersonating him. He's not Elvis. I wonder what the real Favre would think if he saw that. Funny? Maybe, until this guy crosses a line using his name.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think anyone who would give out their number to Favre OR this other freak is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

There lies the problem. There are a lot of "not the sharpest tools in the shed" out there and likewise, a lot of really smart criminals to take advantage of them. Some of these fools might even be tricked into thinking it's the real Favre and in this celebrity obsessed world, God only knows what they would do.

My point here is, how do we know this guy is not a nutter, as in completely off his rocker? I'm just sayin here, does anybody see the potential for all this to go horribly wrong?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's pretty amusing actually.

This guy could actually make a living doing this.
Showing up at parties. Throwing interceptions in a backyard pick up game. Sexting. Etc.
I was half serious with this idea.

There are celeb look-a-likes out there who really do make a living off of that.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There lies the problem. There are a lot of "not the sharpest tools in the shed" out there and likewise, a lot of really smart criminals to take advantage of them. Some of these fools might even be tricked into thinking it's the real Favre and in this celebrity obsessed world, God only knows what they would do.

My point here is, how do we know this guy is not a nutter, as in completely off his rocker? I'm just sayin here, does anybody see the potential for all this to go horribly wrong?
We're not exactly getting the full story.
Whose name is he signing?
When asked, "Are you really Brett Favre?" what does he answer?
Harmless if he is honest and says "No" it's another thing if he says "Yes."
I wonder if he has the voice down to.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

True, but the idea is still a little disturbing to me.

One a lighter note, over the weekend I ran into this Elvis impersonator who looked and sounded like the real Elvis. It was spooky. He asked me if I wanted to come for a drive with him in his pink Cadillac and go see his chapel in Vegas. I got to admit, I was sorely tempted go go with him, but I said no. He did remember to thank me, very much for my time. :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Heard he truly believes he is Brett..So my guess is that he signs it as Brett

In fact I know he signs as Brett as he has signed things that true HOF Packers signed..And that has ruined those items

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
what a freak show... seriously can't people tell its not him???

I mean if I were a 6 pk deep, I think I could still tell!!! LOL!!!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was half serious with this idea.

There are celeb look-a-likes out there who really do make a living off of that.

I have met a few George W Bush impersonators that were pretty good in Vegas. Randomly running around clubs taking pics with people. I would never do it but its good for a laugh I guess.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You can laugh at this, but I think it's sad. What if it's some kid thinking he just met the real Brett Favre and he got his poster or cards signed?

The ones that suffer in that is the younger fans.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
not sure I buy the whole "I didnt mean too." line.

I agree!!!

Given the past few years of the real BF drama,..don't you think this guy should be laying low?? I mean, they do say there is no such thing as bad publicity.. I do beg to differ!!!

I can't imagine people thinking BF would be trotting around wearing a #4 jersey.... lemme guess...he was texting on his cell phone too.:phone:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure I buy the whole "I didnt mean too." line.
He is aware of who he looks like but he didn't mean to cause the infamy by showing up at training camp.

I dunno what to believe but the only one who knows is the guy himself.
Everything else is speculation.

Even though I don't get it why Packers #4 would be the only jersey he would have and didn't get rid of it, I suppose if I looked like Brett, I would keep the jersey too.

You can laugh at this, but I think it's sad. What if it's some kid thinking he just met the real Brett Favre and he got his poster or cards signed?

The ones that suffer in that is the younger fans.
We don't know whose name he signed.

WGBA-TV (Favre look-a-like found! - www.nbc26.com ) says Ermatinger signed autographs but doesn't say whether it was Favre's name he signed.

UPDATE: Favre Impersonator Shows up at Packers Practice

Members online

Latest posts