EXACTLY WHERE WERE YOU.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
As the day went on and I read more about Favre, I felt sad, though. Every one of us Packer fans just got older.

You can say that again. Favre was the only starting QB left older than I am. Now, I really feel old. :(

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was at school...i was on the internet taking online courses(but i was really doing fantasy stuff) and i saw on yahoo that favre was retiring....i stood up out of my chair and said "What?!?! Favre just retired!" my teacher is a sports fan was like "No Way" so we turned on the tv to sportscenter and me and my class watched favre highlights untill the end of the period. i felt violated

nleidigh319

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was after school and i was on my way home and my grandmother told me(my family is a packer farm) my first though was good joke then i realized she was serious and though wow i knew i might come but i didnt expect it and then i tohugh about and then i was like well he deserves it and i hope his retirement is great and the best of luck to rogers.

also funny story today my friend(a vikings fan) came up to me and randomly high fived me. i asked what it was for and he said "farve retired" and i punched him in the face and my friend told me later he was crying. i was laughing

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was at work, checked my text msgs, & had one from the ex (of ALL people) telling me he heard favre retired. my first thoughts went right to my dad. all the games he & i went to together, how we loved watching favre all those years, & i cried a little. when i got home, i told my twin boys that favre retired (they're only 5 but they KNOW who #4 is!) they said "why mama?" i told them he played a very long time & gave mama & tractor grandpa (my dad) lots of great memories together. they both hugged me & asked if tractor grandpa up in heaven knew he retired. and **** - i was bawling like a little baby! KIDS!! ;)

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was on my way to work and the local sports station reported it. It was about 8:25am. I was hoping it was just rumor by Jay Glazer at the point - but we all know now, it was not :(

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I logged onto pf.com around 9:00 am and saw it. I don't think it has really sunk in yet. Its been a really stressful week at work, and I think thats part of the reason why.

bakler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at work listening to the 93x half assed morning show which is based in minneapolis and it was right before they got off the air one of them say "Our newest intern Strap-On just handed us a note saying that jay glazer of fox sports is reporting that brett favre has retired from the Green Bay Packers" then of course they all started rippin on him since it is a minnesota station. I text messaged my dad first thing and he had already heard. The rest of the day was terrible, needless to say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts