1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ex Giant Toomer

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Vltrophy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    Ex NYG Toomer said T. Nomo is a better QB than Eli. Even though I'm not a NYG fan & I do believe Eli will probably never get the full credit he's due BUT there is no freakin way that T. Nomo is a better QB than Eli. Nomo has won 1 playoff game & choked on the rest. Eli has won more SBs than Nomo has won playoff games. Toomer even played w/Eli so what's Toomers deal? Nomo should be glad he made Jaws top 10 QBs in the NFL. There's 5 left. These are the 5 in order
    5 Eli
    4 Peyton
    3 Brady
    2 Brees
    1 Rodgers

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tm1ghy
  2. Smokeychedder

Smokeychedder Tailgaiter

Ratings:
    +276 / 16 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:
    Who is T.Nomo ?
    Should I have heard of him? Where did he sprout up from ?
    :confused:
  3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,541 / 86 / -26
    I get the argument. If we are just talking numbers in the reg season Romo is going to blow him out of the water.

Tony is no slouch and owns a ton of cowboy records for a reason.
  5. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    When it's clutch time I'll take Eli over Nomo any day. Tony made a comment that he believes the window for the Cowboys to win a SB isn't closed. On that I agree w/him 100%. A window can never be closed when it's not open. I'm curious as to Tonys next contract as he hasn't done much to deserve a high dollar payout

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?asnkfs
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,541 / 86 / -26
    Wow, where is the hate coming from? Bc he is a cowboy?

He does have the 2nd best QB rating of all time. Has he has some bad playoff games? Yep. His Brett Favre style of play will get you that. Is he over criticized for it? Oh yeah, he should never have been holding in that famous dive for the end zone, and losing a close game to the giants at home the following year(I think) is something many teams know about including gb.

He played a damn gutsy game last season getting hit left n right with those broken ribs, and should be an arguable top 5 QB in the league. Brees Brady and Arod are the top tier. Tony is right there at that second tier.
  7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I'm not saying he's a wimp. He definitely has a high threshold for pain even wearing a rib protector & a shot or two. He's a good QB but not a great QB or even an elite QB. Even Favre's style of play brought us a SB Championship. Favre did lose some close games we should've won but what QB hasn't. Maybe Nomo should've taken some advice from Favre on how to "hold" a football(Favre took both hands off & the football stood straight up). Nomo hasn't proven to me that he can be consistent in a positive way for a length of time.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?pugf1s
  8. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    Also when Strahan read toomers article he said for one thing it's not a tumor(lol). Strahan is taking Eli's side. Looking at who gets it done(now if we're talking blondes then yes Romo does get them done). Now he's married & is w/some blonde. But on football it's Eli. If I were Tonys team mates I would either tell him or his wife he IS NOT supposed to get any the night before a game as we all know he couldn't play worth crap after being w/Carrie Underwood. Just ask T.O.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yjzh2a