Everyone chill out.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cant win playoff games when your QB throws the ball to the other team in the 4th

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
said it a thousand times and ill say it again, Michael Vick is the most dangerous QB in the NFL.

For people with dogs maybe...

Vick is a glorified wildcat qb. With a year of film to look at, I expect he'll come back to Earth this season, provided he can even stay healthy all year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For people with dogs maybe...

Vick is a glorified wildcat qb. With a year of film to look at, I expect he'll come back to Earth this season, provided he can even stay healthy all year.

I cant think of a team in the NFL that doesnt have a michael vick nightmare. Packers have that playoff game, where no one gave ATL a shot. Also last season where after the game everyone knew we were lucky to walk out with a W.

NFC south completely changed when Vick was in ATL, GMs changed the defenses and personnel just to try and stop vick.

Favre might be the most dangerous QB I have seen in in the 4th, but Vick is the most dangerous QB to be against. Its like a video game.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. The Eagles could be legit or not, only time will tell. I just really enjoy all the dream team talk from their new players. Let them strap the target to their backs. I'm really ok with that.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant think of a team in the NFL that doesnt have a michael vick nightmare. Packers have that playoff game, where no one gave ATL a shot. Also last season where after the game everyone knew we were lucky to walk out with a W.

NFC south completely changed when Vick was in ATL, GMs changed the defenses and personnel just to try and stop vick.

Favre might be the most dangerous QB I have seen in in the 4th, but Vick is the most dangerous QB to be against. Its like a video game.

If you're referring to the first game, we were admittedly unprepared to face Vick. Sure, we expected him for a couple of plays, but not for half the game. That totally caught us off guard.

For Packers/Philly 2, blame James Jones. He catches that TD pass and the game is a blowout.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I will be interesting to see how it all unfolds. The Eagles could be legit or not, only time will tell. I just really enjoy all the dream team talk from their new players. Let them strap the target to their backs. I'm really ok with that.

The Eagles talk like that just about every year. They just don't talk it as loud as the Jets. (I live in PA and hear it all the time.)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
According to one article (on a pay site), Capers used the nickel D in 2010 on an astounding 68% of defensive snaps – that’s an unofficial stat since the NFL doesn’t keep track but I don’t doubt it’s true. The author suggests Capers is starting another “revolution” as he did when he helped create the zone-blitzing schemes meant to contain/confuse the timing of the adherents of the west coast offense. It's at least a mini-revolution IMO and I expect we’ll see the 2-4-5 a lot this season as well – most likely with some new wrinkles. :) I believe the author also wrote that Sam Shields, when healthy, was in on 73% of defensive snaps. IMO he was incredibly important to the World Champion Green Bay Packers – he was the player they were hoping Lee or Underwood would become and the one who allowed Woodson to assume his "rover" role.

Succeeding in the passing game and defending the pass are incredibly important to winning football and since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, my guess is the Eagles - and other teams - will be trying to steal some of Dom’s best ideas. And to do that you need more than two guys in the secondary who can cover. My guess is that, in addition to being able to acquire an incredibly talented CB was behind the signing of Asomugha.

I did not see every game the Eagles played last season but it was my impression that Vick actually started to play QB last year, rather than the wildcat QB that would scramble first and look off defenders or go to his third option seldom or never. And hey, I think the Eagles did themselves all kinds of good so far. I agree with the thought that the more attention directed at them, the better for the Packers. I expect the Eagles to be better this season so I hope the national media talks ‘em up big time. And if few notice that the Packers will be even better too, well, that’s OK with me.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to one article (on a pay site), Capers used the nickel D in 2010 on an astounding 68% of defensive snaps – that’s an unofficial stat since the NFL doesn’t keep track but I don’t doubt it’s true. The author suggests Capers is starting another “revolution” as he did when he helped create the zone-blitzing schemes meant to contain/confuse the timing of the adherents of the west coast offense. It's at least a mini-revolution IMO and I expect we’ll see the 2-4-5 a lot this season as well – most likely with some new wrinkles. :) I believe the author also wrote that Sam Shields, when healthy, was in on 73% of defensive snaps. IMO he was incredibly important to the World Champion Green Bay Packers – he was the player they were hoping Lee or Underwood would become and the one who allowed Woodson to assume his "rover" role.

Succeeding in the passing game and defending the pass are incredibly important to winning football and since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, my guess is the Eagles - and other teams - will be trying to steal some of Dom’s best ideas. And to do that you need more than two guys in the secondary who can cover. My guess is that, in addition to being able to acquire an incredibly talented CB was behind the signing of Asomugha.

I did not see every game the Eagles played last season but it was my impression that Vick actually started to play QB last year, rather than the wildcat QB that would scramble first and look off defenders or go to his third option seldom or never. And hey, I think the Eagles did themselves all kinds of good so far. I agree with the thought that the more attention directed at them, the better for the Packers. I expect the Eagles to be better this season so I hope the national media talks ‘em up big time. And if few notice that the Packers will be even better too, well, that’s OK with me.

best post I have read in awhile

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Extremely well said. Excellent post. It wouldn't be possible for me to agree with you more.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I third the sentiment. Thx, excellent post.

Agreed with the comment that the Eagles are likely to be improved and Vick has shown signs of maturing into a real NFL QB- two significant changes that opponents better recognize and respect. Calling them "paper champions" belittles the likely improvements being made by this team.

I also agree about the media focus shift to Philly being a good thing. All we need now is for the odds makers to put GB as an underdog, and the stage is set.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
They were debating it on the NFL channel yesterday. Three of the guys were saying Philly is now the team to beat and one guy kept saying; "Are you trying to tell me they are better than the Green Bay Packers? Are you trying to say Vick is better than Aaron Rodgers. Those guys have a complete team that just won the Super Bowl." Then the other three were jumping in trying to defend themselves.

The one thought from that guy that I liked was when he said something like; "You can have that Eagle defense, but if you can't put up more points than the other guy, that Defense won't win it for you. The Eagles have done little to improve their short game and I know they can't out score the Packers."

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really feel they are going to self destruct. Too much talent/ egos in one place is a recipe for disaster. Another thing I've been hearing some Eagles fans say is that they think the Eagles are going to have a much better team than last year but they still don't think they are on the same level of the Packers. (no news source, just word from fans on the street) These are fans who have heads rooted in reality. The majority of them are saying Superbowl. But then again, as Croak can tell you, they say that every year. Another thing to consider is the Eagles have a history or choking in the post season, usually by the time they get to the NFC Championship. Their most recent SB appearance, they lost to the Patriots.

I think we really need to put things in perspective here in terms of these Eagles. Do you think the Packers are sitting around camp, pulling their hair out agonizing over the bloody Eagles? We need to know the difference of what is hype and what is fact. I think we should trust in our Packers and let the Eagles pound their heads against the wall trying to assemble an army that can match ours. Do I think the Eagles are going to have an extremely good/ competitive season? Yes, I do. But I still think they will fall short of the mark. They may win some battles, but I think in the end, the Packers are going to win the war.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

^ A candidate for post of the year! That was the best I've read in some time! :)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I certainly hope we each appreciate what we have in the present with regard to the Packers, because I think delude fans run rampant for teams that rarely if ever get to the Super Bowl. Just the other day one of my Viking fan "friends" was overheard to say, "Yeah baby, Donovan McNabb: we're takin' the Super Bowl!" Poor deluded fan, but that's what coming close, but never quite winning it does to a fan base.
Good luck to those Philly fans who think they are going to capture the Lombardi.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope we each appreciate what we have in the present with regard to the Packers, because I think delude fans run rampant for teams that rarely if ever get to the Super Bowl. Just the other day one of my Viking fan "friends" was overheard to say, "Yeah baby, Donovan McNabb: we're takin' the Super Bowl!" Poor deluded fan, but that's what coming close, but never quite winning it does to a fan base.
Good luck to those Philly fans who think they are going to capture the Lombardi.

Haha. I live outside Nashville and people are stoked about getting Matt Hasselbeck. They act like they're getting the guy before 2006. Some folks think they're winning the AFC South even if Chris Johnson holds out all season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very true.
Not the best QB, but clearly the most dangerous.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6WNH1pKQPY]‪Mike vick highlights vs packers‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I very much wanted the Packers to pick up Vick when he got out. It wasnt a popular idea, but the argument was solid. I also knew I could have been wrong and he could have been washed up.

Two most mobile QBs in the league on the same team, yes please

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many Dog-worshippers in Wisconsin for them to ever consider bringing Vick in.
I just wish he went to Jacksonville or Miami or Buffalo or Oakland: The AFC.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many Dog-worshippers in Wisconsin for them to ever consider bringing Vick in.
I just wish he went to Jacksonville or Miami or Buffalo or Oakland: The AFC.

I know Ted got a dose of public relations with another QB and that would sadly play a part in his decision I feel like Wisconsin enjoys killing animals as much as any other state, just not in the same way Michael did.

I figured cheap back up, try him at returner and or wildcat QB. I figured he wouldnt be in a position to argue what he did on the team.

His new contract is going to be huge. talk about a turnaround.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God I love Charles Woodson!
So great, so smart, so wise..... so coy. Here he is on the new "Dream Team, the Eagles"

"I know one Dream Team and that was with Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley,'' Woodson said Sunday, with more than a hint of sarcasm. "That's the only one I know. They were unstoppable. Now, if they (the Eagles) do that, that's fine.

But this is, is it even August yet? Forget about all that talk. The Dream Team beat everybody by 40 points. That was really a dream team. This is the National Football League, and there's going to be a lot of people who have something to say about that.

"I know we've got a good team, and we look to be there at the end. So they can grab the headlines, that's fine. Does it help us in any way? Nah. What helps us is what we do out there on the field. There's no excuse for us not to do it again.

Yeah, we've lost a few pieces, but of course we'll gain a few. With the guys we have in place, there's no excuse for us not to do it again.''

Members online

Latest posts