Everyone chill out.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, meant Wahle. Still, Rivera played well for the Cowboys. And was missed in GB, with the OL struggling, particularly the LG spot. Wahle on the LG spot, I mean, but even in Rivera's case, Sitton only started playing in 09. By then it was Spitz, and the interior of the OL was a mess.

Wahle only made pro bowl---all pro one time, and that was in 05..

When he was a free agent, Marco was offered 2 mill signing bonus, the Cowboys, Pack and one other team I believe were in the running..Jerry Jones upped the bonus to 9 mill, so Andrew Brandt said buhh bye..

Marco didnt play last 2 games of his 1st year in Dallas-2005..

In 06 he started all 16 games, but then hurt his back in the playoffs and never played again.. So he played 31 games for Dallas

While he might have played well in those 31 games, he wasnt worth the 9 mill signing bonus he got, and IIRC he tried to give back some of it cuz he got hurt

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are just loading up to compete with us... but just like the Heat they will fall short with their stacked team! Great post IVO!

If the eagles are the heat then the colts are the Lakers. :)

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm better now, but I was initially worried. I was upset about them taking Jenkins, but I know that is the nature of the business. All their moves took me by suprise and thats how I got worried. After the news settled in, I wasn't too worried anymore. Sure they have amassed a lot of talent but they still have to play the games. Besides this is a good thing. It takes a lot of the spotlight off Green Bay and puts in on Philly. And one must wonder how much of their future was spent on this "drem team" of the present.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that DeSean Jackson isn't in camp and Jeremy Maclin has an extreme case of mono and has lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 pounds and is not in playing shape. Limits them on offense a lot. I know a guy that works for the Eagles, (we were both really good friends with Andy Reid's sons in school) and from everything I have heard and read.....Jackson is not going to be in camp anytime soon.

Also....if I were going to make a "dream team" it would not involve Michael Vick at all.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also....if I were going to make a "dream team" it would not involve Michael Vick at all.

I am still of the belief that Mike Vick, while electrifying to watch evade tackles is not among the top 7 or so QB's in the league. He is prone to making that big mistake while scrambling around and like we all saw in the playoffs when crunch time came a crunching he made one of the worst decisions of the game and threw a toss up to some receiver no one has ever heard of and the ball ended up right in Tramon's hands.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that DeSean Jackson isn't in camp and Jeremy Maclin has an extreme case of mono and has lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-25 pounds and is not in playing shape. Limits them on offense a lot. I know a guy that works for the Eagles, (we were both really good friends with Andy Reid's sons in school) and from everything I have heard and read.....Jackson is not going to be in camp anytime soon.

Did you buy drugs from his sons? JK

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
said it a thousand times and ill say it again, Michael Vick is the most dangerous QB in the NFL.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
said it a thousand times and ill say it again, Michael Vick is the most dangerous QB in the NFL.

Dangerous goes both ways.

He might make incredible plays that wins the game, he might miss an easy blitz and fumble the game away. He might run and get knocked out of the game.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Did you buy drugs from his sons? JK

Haha....no they weren't into heroin when we were 13 and 14. They had this old lady that was their housekeeper, and she was hilarious. For whatever thats worth.

As far as Vick.....to me Michael Vick is exactly like the poker player that always raises, always calls, and is constantly going all in. Playing poker that way is an easy way to win money fast, but you will never come out ahead. This is why Vick will never win a Super Bowl. Although he can be dangerous and flashy in the short term.....I promise you....the Eagles will never win a Super Bowl with him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha....no they weren't into heroin when we were 13 and 14. They had this old lady that was their housekeeper, and she was hilarious. For whatever thats worth.

As far as Vick.....to me Michael Vick is exactly like the poker player that always raises, always calls, and is constantly going all in. Playing poker that way is an easy way to win money fast, but you will never come out ahead. This is why Vick will never win a Super Bowl. Although he can be dangerous and flashy in the short term.....I promise you....the Eagles will never win a Super Bowl with him.

I think it was 01 or 02 that the Tampa Bay Bucs Defense was in film study watching the Atlanta offense and someone in the back goes "Is this a game tape of a highlight reel?" everyone died laughing, except the coaches.

Reaction score
I think the Eagles getting all these big name free agents is one big blessing for the Packers. All I see now is how the Eagles are the team to beat, how the Eagles secondary is the best in the game now, and how they will go to the super bowl. Its funny how people forget so fast how the Packers have 3 pro bowl defensive backs, a potential future star in Shields, and a solid safety in Burnett, who started over Bigby in his rookie season. Everyone must also remember we have arguably the best young receiving TE in the game and get Grant back. (I guarantee over 20 touchdowns off play action this year). Starks? He will be a starter by the start of 2012. Not to mention, we have the best pass rushing linebacker in the game. Who do the Eagles have? An injury prone Jenkins or Bradley? I'm also pretty sure that the Eagles safeties are not nearly as good and Williams > Rodgers-Cromartie and Sam Shields > any backup for the Eagles (If Samuel leaves). Packers receivers > Eagles Receivers (Lets see Asomugha and Rodgers-Cromartie guard Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson, Cobb/Swain/Finley) Can the Packers db's guard their wide outs though? Williams > Jackson. Why? Because Jackson was held to 2 catches in the biggest game of his career. (One wasn't even on Williams) Woodson > Maclin end of story. Sam Shields > Riley Cooper. Speed kills there. The main thing people are missing is that we have a quarterback that just won the Super Bowl who's still about a year or two out of his prime. Imagine what he will do to defenses next year. Just a mini rant here

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was reading the Packers.com website (http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...-Packers/7bb75468-265d-4ea8-a372-3e00db0ef765) and the author made a great point: Do you guys know what the Eagles are doing?

Andy Reid is doing exactly what he learned from Ron Wolf, in his time in GB: building a roster to win against the top teams in the league. And they're building it to play us.

Getting CBs to counter our multiple receivers, getting pass rush to get to Rodgers. But they didn't upgrade their run D, nor their safeties or linebackers. Because the top team in the NFC isn't a running team.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Was reading the Packers.com website (Eagles targeting Packers) and the author made a great point: Do you guys know what the Eagles are doing?

Andy Reid is doing exactly what he learned from Ron Wolf, in his time in GB: building a roster to win against the top teams in the league. And they're building it to play us.

Getting CBs to counter our multiple receivers, getting pass rush to get to Rodgers. But they didn't upgrade their run D, nor their safeties or linebackers. Because the top team in the NFC isn't a running team.

Dangerous strategy at best. They have to play their own division rivals twice. Then they play other teams, before they ever face the Packers. If what is posted above is truly their philosophy then they may be in for a rude awakening. They have to get through a whole season against other competitors before they face the Champs. It's seems like an awful big gamble.

I think they didn't expect to get Asomugha and paid out big bucks for other guys. Then Aso became available, now they've taken out a mortgage. This is another big gamble. If they get hit with a rash of injuries, they have little depth to fall back on. Jenkins has played one full season out of the last three. Young hasn't had a full season in the last three. I'm not so sure they're as almighty as everyone makes them out to be.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dangerous strategy at best. They have to play their own division rivals twice. Then they play other teams, before they ever face the Packers. If what is posted above is truly their philosophy then they may be in for a rude awakening. They have to get through a whole season against other competitors before they face the Champs. It's seems like an awful big gamble.

I think they didn't expect to get Asomugha and paid out big bucks for other guys. Then Aso became available, now they've taken out a mortgage. This is another big gamble. If they get hit with a rash of injuries, they have little depth to fall back on. Jenkins has played one full season out of the last three. Young hasn't had a full season in the last three. I'm not so sure they're as almighty as everyone makes them out to be.

Right, maybe I mispoken, the point is not to build a roster solely to beat the champs. It's to tailor the roster, after the core is built, to beat the champs. We did it to beat the Cowboys in the 90's (though we didn't actually beat them...)

So, they already think that with the roster they had they were already the best team in the division, and one of the best rosters in the league. But they figured out that they were too far behind us, so they needed to catch up, since they believe the Packers are gonna contend for a long period of time.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Right, maybe I mispoken, the point is not to build a roster solely to beat the champs. It's to tailor the roster, after the core is built, to beat the champs. We did it to beat the Cowboys in the 90's (though we didn't actually beat them...)

So, they already think that with the roster they had they were already the best team in the division, and one of the best rosters in the league. But they figured out that they were too far behind us, so they needed to catch up, since they believe the Packers are gonna contend for a long period of time.

That's possible. But guys like Jenkins aren't long term investments. Now, as someone else mentioned, they have only so much money to dole out to other guys from the past core who feel they deserve the big bucks. I see the Eagles getting themselves into a predicament here. I could be wrong. I was wrong once before.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's possible. But guys like Jenkins aren't long term investments. Now, as someone else mentioned, they have only so much money to dole out to other guys from the past core who feel they deserve the big bucks. I see the Eagles getting themselves into a predicament here. I could be wrong. I was wrong once before.

No, I agree. After all, the 90's Packers did crumble. But the 90's Packers also did succeed. Plus, it's only a big of a problem if you draft really well, like with TT. If you're mediocre at drafting, you won't have that many guys to re-sign, and will actually need to spend in FA.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles may of done themselves a disservice by overloading their roster. The problem now is they have too many star corners and already Ashanti Samuel may be looking to get out of an overcrowded nest.* The problem is, not only is the whole roster getting stacked, but individual positions are getting stacked. It may lead to a clash of egos. Take cornerback for example. Eagles have Ashanti, Cromorite (sp?), and now Nnamdi. That's a lot of really big names at one position alone. Sure it may work playing teams who like to go 3 or 4 wide, but what if they don't. Therefore I see a problem developing here and they may lose Ashanti altogether. Also, D Jackson has yet to sign a new contract. They can lose him too if they are not careful.

I'm just saying that stacking your roster comes with its own set of problems.

*source - (6abc.com) Philly local news.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same thing every year..Not sure why people dont learn to trust?
Well to be honest, this is the first time since the 2007 season that we are coming off even a long playoff game win.
Even then, 2007, we only won one playoff game.

It's not like we've been like a dynasty or something......

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts