Everyone blames the D where is the blame for the O

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man up Rogers! You F'n *****. Throw till it hurts. Come in n hand off twice n not come in again. Something. Take a shot in the skin n get in there.

"Coach, coach. I think I broke my finger." Vince replies, "Do they know that?!" No! Well then get in there!!!!
You do realize the 60s and the 10's are in completely different eras in terms of football and how injuries are handled?

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this sounds like a reach but I think one of the reasons our D is having such a hard time is that opposing offenses don't have the added pressure of matching us score for score as they did when Rodgers was at the helm.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Man up Rogers! You F'n *****. Throw till it hurts. Come in n hand off twice n not come in again. Something. Take a shot in the skin n get in there.

"Coach, coach. I think I broke my finger." Vince replies, "Do they know that?!" No! Well then get in there!!!!

What a load of crap !!!! Mathews manned up and played last week and was next to friggin useless because of the club. Yeah, very brave, but we were practically playing 10 against 11 the whole game. Bringing Rodgers into this team at the moment wouldn`t do any good at all, and at the moment would probably be put out for good. I get your frustration but Rodgers is in the best place until he`s fully fit.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. There's a poll on JS Online asking who do you blame for yesterdays loss. While certainly not a scientific poll, 73 % blame the defense.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Giants played to win and end the game, not to score as many points as possible. Had they needed 45 points to win I think they could have gotten them. The defense lost the Bears game. The Packers were leading at home at one point and they let it go. Both were to blame last week but the defense had no excuse. The offense had the qb issue again.

There are plenty of things wrong with the offense such as the line, the line's poor play causing injuries to eachother and to Rodgers. The poor pass blocking is a problem and has been for a while. The play calling is odd at times. However, the problems with the defense are much more prevalent and reoccur game after game and season after season. No other team in the NFL fears this defense. Its almost like they know exactly how to play against the scheme every week and how to exploit it. They know how to pick up the rush and worst of all they know exactly how to attack the zone. The middle of the field has been open for years. They know how to run routes that will confuse the zone assignments as well. They know if they run hard they can probably break numerous high body arm tackles. Very frustrating to see talent wasted on a scheme that worked years ago but has been figured out years ago as well.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't believe we give up so many deep balls and get infuriated when i see 3 packers all 5 yards in different directions of the player making the catch. I think opponents have better completetion percentages on 20+ yard throws than they do on <5 yard plays against us.

Obviously the defense isn't solely to blame for our slide as we cant put points on the board. But i really thought they'd step it up when Rodgers went down and after they looked pretty good (for our standards) in the beginning of the year. But it seems like they've taken a step back. I mean, TRAMON WILLIAMS was our best defender last night for God's sake.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason why the D is still to blame is simple. For the last 3 years the D has been mediocre to flat-out bad. They have rarely if ever won a game for us. 2 years in a row drafting for defense have not resulted in a significant improvement. Players are not making plays, they seem confused about their assignments. It's up to the DC to get them straight on that. Capers hasn't.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts