1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Everson Griffin - USC

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by Sunshine885500, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sunshine885500

Sunshine885500 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -1
    It is looking more and more like he would be a steal at the end of the 1st Round:

Everson Griffen-DL- Player Mar. 31 - 3:51 pm et

USC DE Everson Griffen ran a 4.6-flat forty-yard dash at the Trojans' Pro Day on Wednesday.
    The time is sensational for a 6'4/273-pound defensive lineman. Griffin doesn't quite have the production to match his eye-popping measurables, but he's seemingly solidified a spot in the first round with a sterling offseason

He projects as an OLB in a 3-4 Defense
  2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    I don't see the production matching his athleticism, like you said. He's just too inconsistant, almost to the point of lazyness... I see Michael Johnson, with a little less athleticism, but a little more motor.

I'd rather take Jerry Huges or Brandon Graham over him and Kindle, though. Kindle is also inconsistant, and is strickly a speed rusher. He lacks thoughness, nastyness...

I'd rather have a big motor + proven ability + thoughness + consistancy than lazyness + lack of thoughness + tons of upside + physical freakness.
  3. spack84

spack84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He has the skill set to become a good player, but he left a lot to be desired at USC. About the only 3-4 OLB I feel ok with taken in the 1st round are Graham, Kindle and Hughes, and may be Weatherspood.
  4. Arrigo

Arrigo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18 / 3 / -0
    There are MAJOR character flaws w/ him. As a USC fan/follower, I will admitt he is talented, but there are MAJOR question marks.
  5. TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe TheGiftedApe

Ratings:
    +77 / 4 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    not interested in guys who don't play with high motors.
  6. ThinkICare

ThinkICare Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Kindle is the most complete OLB in the whole draft. I'd love it if Kindle was a Packer.

Not too sure about Griffen. Would be a risky pick.
  7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    The problem that I'm seeing if we decide to go OLB in round 1 is that he would have to be an immediate starter. I know Brady P. got the starting job over Matthews at the beginning of the season last year, but Brad Jones doesn't deserve to get replaced just as badly as Brady P. did. In fact is it so bad to people for a 7th round draft pick to start if he's playing really well? Instead I like the idea of getting someone who can challenge Jones not overtake him. And we can certainly do this by drafting other good OLB prospects in the later rounds.
  8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +109 / 1 / -0
    I ran the 40 in 3.2 seconds can I go in the first round?
  9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Completely agree.

I think people are overlooking Jones. With a year under his belt, and hitting the weight room, he's gonna improve.

But if someone really talented falls to us, I wouldn't mind it. Rotation in the LBs is a great thing. And we don't have anybody besides CM3 and Jones.
  10. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154 / 9 / -2
    They said hes a better Olb prospect then Orakpo last year. And thats who i wanted last year so if hes available this far down i say hell why not. Our pass rush wasn't the best last year a better improvement then the year before but could definitely use improvement.
  11. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    That is exactly why we should take a guy like Hughes in the 1st round. If Hughes ends up starting because he beats out Jones by the end of the preseason..........so be it. Is Jones going to get better? I am sure he will. That doesn't mean you don't try to improve at that position by throwing in some competition. If one of the O-Tackles are there in there first round.......draft him, if not.....and either Hughes, Kindle, or Grahm are there, we better get them. Like I mentioned in another post. Did we sack Favre in those 2 games? There are a few QB's on good teams we couldn't even get close to. You don't settle for second best because IN THE PLAYOFFS......second best is not good enough.
  12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you on that one. I just think we can get a pass rushing OLB in the later rounds, but I don't think we can get a LT later than the first round (maybe early second if we trade down and Brown is still there).

My dream scenario would be if we were able to somehow land Brown AND Huges. Then just a CB or a S (the two, better, but I'm not picky), and we're set.
  13. turbo69

turbo69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Don't know how we could pull that one off..........but I'd love it if we did.