Everson Griffen won’t face felony charges

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
On Monday, Vikings defensive end Everson Griffen allegedly assaulted a police officer.* His reward?* A Taser shot and a felony battery charge. On Tuesday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office decided that felony charges won’t be pursued against Griffen, according to Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune. Griffen could still face charges in the…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
If this crime was committed by a Tom Maki, or a Beth Svensen of Duluth, or Superior, their ***** would have been thrown in the county jail and they would be facing felony charges. I've known many pro players (past and present) that have said they have been given some lead-way in certain things and many times charges will be dropped because they are associated with a professional sports franchise. My guess, this is what has happened behind the scenes. Rather frustrating.

Four year ban. Might sound excessive. Those four years will be the most difficult for the player. It will make them appreciate what they had and if they are of strong enough character and have a willingness to truly change, they will make it through 4 years. They could play CFL or UFL, sponsor a support group and be an active community member. Playing the game at the professional level is an honor, not a right, like several players have treated it. Before playing at Cal, my high school coaches and father sat me down and let me know that this is an opportunity to learn first and enjoy the privilege of playing in the PAC-10. I never took it for granted and have made sure my own players never take it for granted either if they are able to make it up to the next level.

Do the Crime. Pay the Time.

~Val

Members online

Latest posts