Everette Brown

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who else thinks drafting him could be a mistake? I saw a few drafts with GB taking him, and as we all know FSU and GB have a spectacular 1st round history together. If they do, I will already considered him a potential cut in 2 years. I am hoping Raji is available. The signing of Soi I think is for competition and maybe a little shakeup.

Raji all the way!!

PS saw Tyson Jackson from LSU as well. Anything on him that is noteworthy?

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends upon WHERE we draft him. At our current slot in the first round? No way. Trading back, maybe

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
You can't rule someone out just because of past history with a school.

It'd be like not taking Aaron Rodgers because Kyle Boller was god awful.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch his tape... IMO I see a beast. So much production, allways making plays, VERY fast, ALMOST NEVER misses a tackle, or overpursuits, UNLIKE Orakpo and Raji...
I doubt all of this is just because of FSU's schemming and letting him roam around and rush the qb. Because in his vid you see a lot of tackles on the RB for losses, and Fumbles. Those are not scheme. And even if it is, we could def. make some plays for him...

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jamal Reynolds was the recipient of the 2000 Lombardi Award for best collegiate lineman/linebacker. Plenty of great film on him as well. Sadly, there are no guarantees that what one sees from a college player will continue into his pro career. Hard to say what occurred in the noggin of that guy that prevented him from ascending to the next level.

FSU seems to allow their pass rushers to attack relentlessly without concerning themselves with containment principles. That might be the knock on people like Brown - they get to the next level & have too much to learn about being complete players, not just speed guys.

Brown is probably a 1st rounder but #20 or later. I rank him close to Tyson Jackson & Aaron Maybin. Orakpo is probably the best prospect at DE/OLB, definitely Top Ten.

Members online

Latest posts